First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I picked up my vehicle a few weeks ago. My experience was great with Koons. Great customer service, everyone was extremely helpful BUT, bring a calculator or someone with knowledge in the finance dept as that's where dealerships make their money. Making money is part of the game and that's fine but again there is a difference when a dealership makes money vs taking you to the cleaners!
Can you elaborate on any shenanigans their Finance folks may have tried?
Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Dealerships are in business to make money. An example would be Wranglers that are selling for 10 to 15 thousand over sticker. It doesn't sit well with people but they do sell as buyers do not do their due diligence! If a vehicles final purchase price owed is 40K and you put a deposit for 20K your balance owed will be 20K now divide that by the number of years you want the loan and that is basically your payment + add a few thousand for interest. You will be close enough. If those numbers are exaggerated then the dealership is adding to your final purchase price and that can be in the thousands!! I always say no to any type of warranties and then purchase a warranty directly from Chrysler/Jeep and the savings will be again in the thousands! The dealerships do not make money on the sale of the vehicle, their REAL money is made in the finance department. Again, Koons customer service was absolutely fantastic and they kept to the original purchase price from back in December, but as with any type of contracts always do your due diligence and remember you hold the cards as you hold the CASH!!

zsg1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys (totaled) 2022 Rubi (6sp 2dr)
No means no. For some fucked up reason they want to run everyone's credit. Theyt dont have to and you can tell them DL should suffice to check your identity. On TRX forums theres a whole thread about running your credit and selling you extended warranty.
I'm lined up for the 36 months 0% interest but I'll update after it's actually picked up. I don't expect any trouble. I inquired about 48 or 60 months over the phone but was told my rate would jump to about 5%.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
I'm lined up for the 36 months 0% interest but I'll update after it's actually picked up. I don't expect any trouble. I inquired about 48 or 60 months over the phone but was told my rate would jump to about 5%.
Huh? How do you have a 0% rate? Who is it through and when did you secure it?

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
0% is not available any longer, that was the rout I was going to take two weeks ago! The best CC was giving was 3.9 and that may be off the table also. They screwed me a little bit but I ended up getting 5.5% which was high at the time but now may be the norm.

Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Good rates can still be found. Below is Eglin Federal Credit Union in the Florida Panhandle...

Jeep Wrangler JL Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders 1655662494053

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Good rates can still be found. Below is Eglin Federal Credit Union in the Florida Panhandle...

Jeep Wrangler JL Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders 1655662494053
No doubt, i just got a 2.2 last week in SC. I am curious how the other guy has 0 percent on the table. Specifically, when was that offered and locked in so its still a thing as of this second.

zsg1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's supposed to be through Crystler Capital per my conversation with their finance manager. Guess I'll find out next week!

zsg1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK they just confirmed with me the 0% 36 months is not going to give me the $1000 off financing promotion so it looks like ill be going with my local credit union for 2.36% and 60 months.

rubiko

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR (hopefully soon)
OK they just confirmed with me the 0% 36 months is not going to give me the $1000 off financing promotion so it looks like ill be going with my local credit union for 2.36% and 60 months.
You were able to make arrangements with finance manager prior to picking up?

Sponsored

GCMWillys

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUS Silver Zynith, '17 JK Willys (sold)
Thought I would start a thread for Koons out of Virginia - I would assume there are many others out there since they were doing the 6.5% under invoice as well.
Here is my current stats:

2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - High Velocity
Xtreme XR package - almost all options with exception of leather

3/14/22 order date with Craig at Koons Jeep
4/22/22 D1 status with estimated ship date 4/27
4/28/22 Build sheet appeared
5/2/22 KZLD status
5/4/22 Window sticker
5/6/22 shipped with a dealer ETA between 5/9-5/16 from Jeep chat!!!!!
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - Silver Zynith
Towing, LED, Premium Top, Mats, Mirrors, Window Bag

3/2 - Ordered
3/4 - VIN
5/9 - D1
5/24 - Built
6/2 - Delivered to Koons
6/16 - Picked up

Offer was as solid as the day I ordered, but financing is taking a hit due to interest rates, etc. I was able to put almost 50% down and payoff can be made after a couple of payments. Overall, I had a great experience there. Easy order, easy pickup, low-pressure on the finance/extras. Everyone was attentive and worked to get me in and out with no fuss. I would make the 350 mile trip again.

zsg1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You were able to make arrangements with finance manager prior to picking up?
Yes I asked to do everything ahead of time as it will be an 8 hour drive home. I'm still waiting for exact numbers for 48 and 60 months from them though.

OP
OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Yes I asked to do everything ahead of time as it will be an 8 hour drive home. I'm still waiting for exact numbers for 48 and 60 months from them though.
I asked multiple times to do mine ahead of time and I was 6 hours away. They would not do it. I also could have been more insistent. Just figured I was going to refinance anyways. But there rates suck. I have 840 score and it was 5%

aerosynch

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Currently waiting on the financing department to contact me so I can see what their rates are and then schedule shipping from Koons to Miami, FL.

Hopefully it’s smooth sailing from here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders 1655827521770

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Currently waiting on the financing department to contact me so I can see what their rates are and then schedule shipping from Koons to Miami, FL.

Hopefully it’s smooth sailing from here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders 1655827521770
Please let us know how your experience with the financing department goes. There a quite a few of us coming up and we want to know what to be prepared for. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored