Sponsored

Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders

ghstlogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
Koons sent me the official email this morning that it's been delivered! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it out to DC for 2 weeks so now I'm waiting on myself, not the Jeep factory!!

For those that have already picked up theirs, how was the inspection process? Any recommendations? I plan to drive it back to Texas. First stop: Shenandoah!
Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Koons sent me the official email this morning that it's been delivered! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it out to DC for 2 weeks so now I'm waiting on myself, not the Jeep factory!!

For those that have already picked up theirs, how was the inspection process? Any recommendations? I plan to drive it back to Texas. First stop: Shenandoah!
In the email they sent me they said I had 14 days to pick it up. I guess just make sure you don't go over to day 15. Lol.. I would think they would understand if you let them know ahead of time.

ghstlogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
In the email they sent me they said I had 14 days to pick it up. I guess just make sure you don't go over to day 15. Lol.. I would think they would understand if you let them know ahead of time.
Yeah they were good with the pick up date (6/24).

Financing all sorted out with my bank, but Koons still requires an credit application which I thought was odd. Reasoning was "any outside lien checks are subject to credit applications as it is dealership policy". Just questioning why an additional credit check is needed if I'm already approved through my bank.

Baldo72

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon, Alfa Romeo Giulia, 1972 JEEP CJ5
I just wanted to update you all on my pickup. I live in upstate NY so I flew into DC on Saturday morning to pickup my Jeep from Koons. I had my appointment scheduled for 1pm. I arrived at 12:30pm and I immediately saw my Jeep sitting out front. Hard to miss with that color. It was all detailed and ready to go. I did notice a scratch on my passenger rear fender flair. I went inside and let them know I was here and they said OK and had me sit in the waiting room. Nice area with tv's, cool coffee machine(makes all varieties of drinks), and lots of options for charging devices and phones while you wait. I hadn't seen Craig yet but another person let me know someone would be with me shortly. Close to 1pm I was introduced and taken into an office with Brian. Brian helped me get the Sirius/Guardian setup and everything put in my name for Jeep app. Brian was a great guy. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Craig popped in briefly and introduced himself. He was finishing with another customer so he was having Brian work with me. I was with Brian for about 45 minutes. They wrote me up a "Owe me" form for my fender flare and told me I could have a Jeep dealer in my area replace the flare and they would reimburse me for the cost up to $300. They said the flare price was $159 and then allow the rest for the install. I then was taken upstairs for the financing with Ralph. I had opted for the extra $1000 by financing through them. I will refinance after the 3 payments with my credit union for a better rate. They ended up using TD Bank North because the Chrysler person they use was backed up with 6 other customers and they didn't want to delay my purchase. They still gave me the $1000 discount. I will say the rate they offered sucked 5.49%, and I have a 840 credit score. Again I wasn't concerned since I will refinance it. Just made sense to take the extra $1000. They use this very cool electronic screen on their desk to review and sign all the paperwork. They also do not give you a paper copy. They give you all your copies of paper on a usb flashdrive they give to you. I much prefer that over the physical papers. I will say they definitely tried to sell me some options. First with Brian it was the ceramic coating and interior protection. Then all the extended warranties with Ralph. They tried a few times but I declined all and they stopped pushing it. I finished signing all the paper work and then went outside with Brian and Craig. They offered to go through a walk through of everything on the Jeep. I declined since this was my 7th wrangler. We were back on the road. The entire process took about 2.5 hours. I would recommend them to others. The communication through the process was great. Always received responses within 24 hours. The onsite went smoothly and no surprises with exception of the bank switch. The rate did not surprise me since another person on here already told me that is what they were coming back with and his credit was similar to mine. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me. Happy to answer.
thumbnail_image_6487327.jpg
image_50449153.JPG
great Looking car!!! What PSI do you keep your big XR tires? I got the same package per my pics above....regarding the financing % I agree with you that sucks...I picked up mine May 20th at Gupton they gave me 2.14% for 60 months with FORTERA CREDIT UNION...can't beat that!!!

Baldo72

First Name
Luca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon, Alfa Romeo Giulia, 1972 JEEP CJ5
My order is getting closer! Any recommendations out there for financing? I was thinking about going with USAA but haven't done too much research yet. I may go through Chrysler initially for the $1000 incentive and switch after 3 payments. Thoughts?

1654098573369.png
Try FORTERA CREDIT UNION based in SACRAMENTO CA worth to try....i just picked up mine May 20th and they gave me 2.14% on 60 months

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yeah they were good with the pick up date (6/24).

Financing all sorted out with my bank, but Koons still requires an credit application which I thought was odd. Reasoning was "any outside lien checks are subject to credit applications as it is dealership policy". Just questioning why an additional credit check is needed if I'm already approved through my bank.
Odd. It does seem like they make things a little hard to get that discount they offer. Like for example I gave them my Tread Lightly membership number. But they want the entire membership letter. I had the original initial letter of approval with my ID number but I don't have the 2nd big letter that I think was sent through email. Which unfortunately I don't have anymore because I deleted by mistake when I cleared my inbox out because I was running out of memory.

Well see what happens when I get there. I also logged in FCA and gave them my control number that they said they needed but I didn't hear back to know if that was good enough.🤷‍♂️

ghstlogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
Odd. It does seem like they make things a little hard to get that discount they offer. Like for example I gave them my Tread Lightly membership number. But they want the entire membership letter. I had the original initial letter of approval with my ID number but I don't have the 2nd big letter that I think was sent through email. Which unfortunately I don't have anymore because I deleted by mistake when I cleared my inbox out because I was running out of memory.

Well see what happens when I get there. I also logged in FCA and gave them my control number that they said they needed but I didn't hear back to know if that was good enough.🤷‍♂️
Yeah, but I understand that they need to cover all their bases in terms of documentation. They pushed back on my affiliate rewards since my employee badge didn't match my sister company but got that resolved with a paystub.

Still really confused why they're requesting an additional credit application if I'm already approved through my bank for financing and will be providing down payment with a certified check/cash. So I assume I should be good to go?

From my email:

Jeep Wrangler JL Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders 1654988573392

Jeep Wrangler JL Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders 1654988682618

Jeep Wrangler JL Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders 1654988755374

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but I understand that they need to cover all their bases in terms of documentation. They pushed back on my affiliate rewards since my employee badge didn't match my sister company but got that resolved with a paystub.

Still really confused why they're requesting an additional credit application if I'm already approved through my bank for financing and will be providing down payment with a certified check/cash. So I assume I should be good to go?

From my email:

It is odd that they need that if yoyt already approved for a loan. I really don't see the reasoning. Should be interesting. 🤷‍♂️

zsg1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys (totaled) 2022 Rubi (6sp 2dr)
Well I was supposed to fly from Logan to Vienna today but all flights have been cancelled so one more week of waiting.

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL

No means no. For some fucked up reason they want to run everyone's credit. Theyt dont have to and you can tell them DL should suffice to check your identity. On TRX forums theres a whole thread about running your credit and selling you extended warranty.

Sponsored

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Is Koons picking up from airport Dulles/ Regan or refunding ride share?
Dancummins pics up so is Granger for example

ghstlogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
No means no. For some fucked up reason they want to run everyone's credit. Theyt dont have to and you can tell them DL should suffice to check your identity. On TRX forums theres a whole thread about running your credit and selling you extended warranty.
Yeah seems completely bogus to me. Glad I’m not the only one. I fly out to DC next week for pick up and don’t plan on doing any additional credit applications.

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Yeah seems completely bogus to me. Glad I’m not the only one. I fly out to DC next week for pick up and don’t plan on doing any additional credit applications.
Do they pick up from airport or refund raid share?

ghstlogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
Do they pick up from airport or refund raid share?
I’m not sure, I’ll be renting a car for the day since the wife is coming with and we get in the night before. We’re also flying into Baltimore. I imagine they would though if it’s one of the DC airports.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I picked up my vehicle a few weeks ago. My experience was great with Koons. Great customer service, everyone was extremely helpful BUT, bring a calculator or someone with knowledge in the finance dept as that's where dealerships make their money. Making money is part of the game and that's fine but again there is a difference when a dealership makes money vs taking you to the cleaners!
Sponsored