Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Does anyone have any idea what the anticipated delivery date of the first 2022 orders would be? I'm not looking for anything exact, just wondering if I order a 2022 in June when I would expect it to come in.
Based on the threads in the current orders subforum, it's a total mixed bag. Some say 3 weeks, others have waited months. I haven't noticed any specific option, color, etc that seems to cause delays, either.

Personally, I'm expecting I'd have mine by the end of August. I have a beach trip planned for the last week of July - would be cool if I had it by then, but not counting on it by any means.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Based on the threads in the current orders subforum, it's a total mixed bag. Some say 3 weeks, others have waited months. I haven't noticed any specific option, color, etc that seems to cause delays, either.

Personally, I'm expecting I'd have mine by the end of August. I have a beach trip planned for the last week of July - would be cool if I had it by then, but not counting on it by any means.
I assume you ordered a 2021? You will probably get one of the last 2021s off the line. OP asked specifically about a 2022 order. 2022 order banks have not opened yet. Hopefully any day now?

Congrats on your build. Post pics when you get it!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I assume you ordered a 2021? You will probably get one of the last 2021s off the line. OP asked specifically about a 2022 order. 2022 order banks have not opened yet. Hopefully any day now?

Congrats on your build. Post pics when you get it!
Sorry, no - I've been waiting to place my order till I can see the 2022 order sheets. I'm assuming if the order banks open in the end of June/early July, I'd actually wind up with one of the first 2022 models.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Sorry, no - I've been waiting to place my order till I can see the 2022 order sheets. I'm assuming if the order banks open in the end of June/early July, I'd actually wind up with one of the first 2022 models.
Got it.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I'm in no rush, though - I'll place my order, and then whenever it comes, it comes. I was originally intending to wait until January, but I'm moving it up so I can sell my current truck while the used values are up - I can get $5.3K for it right now, which is pretty nuts for an '07 with 203K+ miles on it, lol.

Sponsored

Granada

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
I think that's a hard question to ask because we can't go by historic trends. The pandemic and chip shortages have created a logistics nightmare for car companies.

In the past delivery would depend a lot on constraints and even where the dealer that ordered is located. Built vehicles can sit waiting weeks or months waiting to be transported. Shippers will wait to fill every space on trucks and trains before departing. The more remote your location the longer it can possibly take.

To try ansewering your question? Normally 1-2 months after placing a order if there are no constraints. Sometimes even faster, much faster. I ordered a 2019 JLR back in March of 2019 and it was delivered in about 11 days. That is 11 days from the date I placed my order at my dealership to taking actual delivery of it. I don't see that timeline happening anytime soon considering the shortages a lot of the industry is seeing.
Thanks. I'm guessing I'm in the same position as a lot of folks. We finally made the decision to get a new wrangler just to find the lots picked over with little to choose from and then we settled on a billet silver just to see them stop taking orders on those. We aren't in any particular rush, so while we might not want to wait, we certainly can. Just trying to figure out if waiting means August/October/December...

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Typically the earliest new model years hit the lots from past experience and talking to others here is end of August or early September. I high doubt anyone will receive a MY22 Wrangler in July, but I would certainly be happy if that were the case.

I am personally expecting to place my order any day now and pick it up from the dealership in September of this year.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Typically the earliest new model years hit the lots from past experience and talking to others here is end of August or early September. I high doubt anyone will receive a MY22 Wrangler in July, but I would certainly be happy if that were the case.

I am personally expecting to place my order any day now and pick it up from the dealership in September of this year.
Picking up in September would probably honestly be the best for me, financially speaking. The part that I'm trying to balance is the value of my existing truck. Ideally, the timing would work out where I could get a good deal on the Jeep while *ALSO* still taking advantage of the higher prices for used vehicles. The goal is to sell my truck for ~$5K and then use that for my initial mods (lift, nerf bars, and bumpers). But I need to have *a* vehicle, so I can't just sell the truck now and wait it out.

Most likely, I'll sell my truck as soon as the Jeep ships to the dealer. My dad has a 3rd vehicle that I could borrow for a couple of weeks in a pinch.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Picking up in September would probably honestly be the best for me, financially speaking. The part that I'm trying to balance is the value of my existing truck. Ideally, the timing would work out where I could get a good deal on the Jeep while *ALSO* still taking advantage of the higher prices for used vehicles. The goal is to sell my truck for ~$5K and then use that for my initial mods (lift, nerf bars, and bumpers). But I need to have *a* vehicle, so I can't just sell the truck now and wait it out.

Most likely, I'll sell my truck as soon as the Jeep ships to the dealer. My dad has a 3rd vehicle that I could borrow for a couple of weeks in a pinch.
Yeah that makes sense. Definitely hold onto it until the vehicle ships of us your father can for sure provide you the third vehicle with no strings attached. The wife and I are getting by just fine with one car for now. We’re making it work.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
So, I just talked to the dealer I'm working with, and they called their factory rep to get confirmation about the rumor that 2022 Wranglers will be available to order next week. The information they got is that the 2021 Wrangler buildout date is 04 December and the 2022 launch date is 06 December.

Sponsored

jcrewboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler Sport 2dr
So, I just talked to the dealer I'm working with, and they called their factory rep to get confirmation about the rumor that 2022 Wranglers will be available to order next week. The information they got is that the 2021 Wrangler buildout date is 04 December and the 2022 launch date is 06 December.
You mean June - right not December

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
This is the info flying around the forums right now. I am going to assume it's wrong until it's verifiable from multiple sources.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
No, I mean December. He sent me a screenshot of a spreadsheet of the various models and their buildout/2022 release dates.

Some models will be much earlier but the Wrangler isn’t until December.

I hope his info is wrong, too, and I’ll be waiting a few days anyway, but this has been an extraordinarily bizarre 18 months so I am not surprised if it is much later than usual. Remember that 2020 was largely planned pre-pandemic.

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
We may have to have a cage fight or something cause I'm really hoping they ditch the current blue options and add something a little less.....loud.

#CAGEFIGHT!!!! :)
It’s interesting how people perceive color so differently. Jeep colors seem to bring out strong feelings and I can see why - they tend to be out there a bit. That said, I would never have categorized Hydro as loud but you do and that’s fine. All I know is I’m getting nothing but compliments on the color of my Jeep. Maybe it’s because it’s so rare in my neck of the woods. All I can say for sure is that I really like it.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Wrangler Orders 919ED62A-CDF5-4B4F-8ADD-90BEB256EF81

Last edited:

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

It’s interesting how people perceive color so differently. Jeep colors seem to bring out strong feelings and I can see why - they tend to be out there a bit. That said, I would never have categorized Hydro as loud but you do and that’s fine. All I know is I’m getting nothing but compliments on the color of my Jeep. Maybe it’s because it’s so rare in my neck of the woods. All I an say for sure is that I really like it.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Wrangler Orders 919ED62A-CDF5-4B4F-8ADD-90BEB256EF81
You gotta roll with what makes you happy, man. There are people on here who were STOKED to get Gecko. You couldn't pay me to drive a Gecko colored vehicle, lol. Sincerely I hope you enjoy the hell out of your choice.
Sponsored