2022 Wrangler Orders

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Also looking to order a 2022 2dr Rubicon at this point.

Was at dealership over the weekend and the sales manager indicated nearly impossible to order a 2021 at this point given the current chip issue very few are being allocated to each dealership in the area.
I think your dealer is blowing smoke to scare you into buying something off the lot and/or to pay premium. The order banks should be open until early June and production still has another 2 1/2 months for 2021. There has been no direct evidence chip shortages affecting Wrangler to this point in time. Many orders are still only taking about 1 month.
Sponsored

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Think this definitely varies depending on your location.

They're a lot and storage life is nearly empty and they're definitely not looking for you to pay premium as they're offering well below invoice all year.

I think your dealer is blowing smoke to scare you into buying something off the lot and/or to pay premium. The order banks should be open until early June and production still has another 2 1/2 months for 2021. There has been no direct evidence chip shortages affecting Wrangler to this point in time. Many orders are still only taking about 1 month.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Think this definitely varies depending on your location.

They're a lot and storage life is nearly empty and they're definitely not looking for you to pay premium as they're offering well below invoice all year.
The dealer may want to keep all the orders to themselves to stock the lot for the summer.

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Maybe the case with some dealerships but not this one as I've worked with them numerous times over the years and they're very straightforward and not into the game playing.

The dealer may want to keep all the orders to themselves to stock the lot for the summer.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
From what I found through the power of Google a week ago the wrangler wasn't affected by the chip shortage, it was the grand cherokee and something else, maybe the renegade? I ordered a 21 JLUR on 4/29 and it'll be shipping to the dealer sometime around 5/17 according to Jeep and the dealer.

Maybe the 392 uses other parts that are short right now, but it wasn't listed on the website I found.

Sponsored

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
yes it was an allocated order. Mine wasnā€™t the only one pushed back. I am guessing it is due to shortage. Itā€™s not the worse thing to happen. If itā€™s going to take forever to arrive it might as well be the next MY.
Just a possibilityā€¦.Perhaps this is an unscrupulous dealership(they do exist)not being honest about their allocations. Do you have a down payment into it? Is it refundable? It could also just be an honest mistake. You did say you were the only order pushed back. Off by one somehow. Iā€™d shop around a bit at this point, though. Wouldnā€™t hurt.

Last edited:

JAustin83

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler Rubicon 392
Occupation
Lead iOS Engineer and Engineering Manager
Just a possibilityā€¦.Perhaps this is an unscrupulous dealership(they do exist)not being honest about their allocations. Do you have a down payment into it? Is it refundable? It could also just be an honest mistake. You did say you were the only order pushed back. Off by one somehow. Iā€™d shop around a bit at this point, though. Wouldnā€™t hurt.
Mine wasnā€™t the only one pushed back and itā€™s not too Terrible there are dozens for sale around the country right now from orders that werenā€™t picked up but I am ok waiting as long as it isnā€™t too late in the year.

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Yes experiencing the same thing.

yes it was an allocated order. Mine wasnā€™t the only one pushed back. I am guessing it is due to shortage. Itā€™s not the worse thing to happen. If itā€™s going to take forever to arrive it might as well be the next MY.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Any new news on when the 2022 order banks open?

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
For me it's any possible upgrades and changes. And yes to be one step ahead on the year for resale I guess.

If there is anything I don't like I can always look for a really low mileage 2021.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I went ahead and ordered 21 on 5/15. Could have waited 3 weeks. I Was afraid of the rumored price hike. If it's a few bucks here and there for the different options, cool. If it's a $2,000 jump on the base MSRP that's different. If I thought they were going to make big changes, maybe worth it. Would love the 12" infotainment in some of the other Chrysler products but that's it and it won't be in 2022. Prob. a model refresh in 2023.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am hoping the 2022s have a new wheel design. The current Rubicon wheels have been around for a while. I actually like the current design but it would be nice to see a new wheel to freshen up the Wrangler.
Sponsored