Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Thought I would start a thread for Koons out of Virginia - I would assume there are many others out there since they were doing the 6.5% under invoice as well.
Here is my current stats:

2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - High Velocity
Xtreme XR package - almost all options with exception of leather

3/14/22 order date with Craig at Koons Jeep
4/22/22 D1 status with estimated ship date 4/27
4/28/22 Build sheet appeared
5/2/22 KZLD status
5/4/22 Window sticker
5/6/22 shipped with a dealer ETA between 5/9-5/16 from Jeep chat!!!!!
Sponsored

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
I just picked mine up from there on Saturday.

The only thing I will say is that the/my original plan of financing through their Chrysler Capital and get the $1000 deal (part of their 6% under invoice), and then refinancing later at a better rate might not work out so well when rates are rapidly climbing. Interest rates in a month or three might be WAY higher and you could get stuck with their high Chrysler Capital rate.

Don't assume that because you have good credit, that the Chrysler Capital rate would be reasonable. I have 850 credit (even according to Chrysler Capital) and they quoted me a 4.5% 60 month loan. My credit union rates are 2.49% 60 months.

Point being, make sure you have a blank loan check in hand from a Credit Union before you show up for the two hour pickup window. That way you can weight the risk of getting the $1000 off, financing originally at the high rate, and being able to refinance in one to three months at that low 2.49% rate. Or will you get screwed and the CU rate will be at 3.5% in a month or two making the $1000 off worthless? I chose the sure thing with the CU loan.

You'll have to consider that after the $899 doc fee and losing the $1000 discount, you'll be down at ~2.X% under invoice when you calculate with your eyes open.

But, other than that personal financing decision, all other things went extremely well with Koons.

zsg1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys (totaled) 2022 Rubi (6sp 2dr)
I just picked mine up from there on Saturday.

The only thing I will say is that the/my original plan of financing through their Chrysler Capital and get the $1000 deal (part of their 6% under invoice), and then refinancing later at a better rate might not work out so well when rates are rapidly climbing. Interest rates in a month or three might be WAY higher and you could get stuck with their high Chrysler Capital rate.

Don't assume that because you have good credit, that the Chrysler Capital rate would be reasonable. I have 850 credit (even according to Chrysler Capital) and they quoted me a 4.5% 60 month loan. My credit union rates are 2.49% 60 months.

Point being, make sure you have a blank loan check in hand from a Credit Union before you show up for the two hour pickup window. That way you can weight the risk of getting the $1000 off, financing originally at the high rate, and being able to refinance in one to three months at that low 2.49% rate. Or will you get screwed and the CU rate will be at 3.5% in a month or two making the $1000 off worthless? I chose the sure thing with the CU loan.

You'll have to consider that after the $899 doc fee and losing the $1000 discount, you'll be down at ~2.X% under invoice when you calculate with your eyes open.

But, other than that personal financing decision, all other things went extremely well with Koons.
Ill be in this boat in about 20 days if my estimate is accurate. By any chance did they offer lower rates on 36 or 48 months?

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ill be in this boat in about 20 days if my estimate is accurate. By any chance did they offer lower rates on 36 or 48 months?
Hah. It took me two days to peel that 4.5% 60 Month rate out of their mouths. They don't publish them because they want to evaluate you and figure out what they can screw you out of. I couldn't even get a final purchase price document out of them so I could get the exact check written by the Credit Union (Yeah, I had the original paperwork I signed, but usually you get an exact document near purchase time), so I had to show up with an open ended check from the CU instead.

Honestly, I'm not mad a Koons. It is the game the whole industry plays. They want you to be there in their office, with no ability to get financing through anyone else. This is the first time in 30 years I even brushed the idea of financing through the dealer and I ended up skipping that in the end.

I bet they would blow smoke up your butt if you tried to get their interest rate number before the car was on the lot.

zsg1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate it thanks! Ill be flying down and driving back so this helps me get my ducks in a row. Ill probably end up going with them and switching to the local credit union when I can.

Sponsored

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Hah. It took me two days to peel that 4.5% 60 Month rate out of their mouths. They don't publish them because they want to evaluate you and figure out what they can screw you out of. I couldn't even get a final purchase price document out of them so I could get the exact check written by the Credit Union (Yeah, I had the original paperwork I signed, but usually you get an exact document near purchase time), so I had to show up with an open ended check from the CU instead.

Honestly, I'm not mad a Koons. It is the game the whole industry plays. They want you to be there in their office, with no ability to get financing through anyone else. This is the first time in 30 years I even brushed the idea of financing through the dealer and I ended up skipping that in the end.

I bet they would blow smoke up your butt if you tried to get their interest rate number before the car was on the lot.
Not sure when you ordered, but i assume your sale price was the same when you signed and when you picked up? I know Jeep had raised prices but from what i am seeing Koons price protected, so just wondering.

Hoping to pick mine up very soon as well. Good advice on the financing!

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Thought I would start a thread for Koons out of Virginia - I would assume there are many others out there since they were doing the 6.5% under invoice as well.
Here is my current stats:

2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - High Velocity
Xtreme XR package - almost all options with exception of leather

3/14/22 order date with Craig at Koons Jeep
4/22/22 D1 status with estimated ship date 4/27
4/28/22 Build sheet appeared
5/2/22 KZLD status
5/4/22 Window sticker
5/6/22 shipped with a dealer ETA between 5/9-5/16 from Jeep chat!!!!!
FAST! My order date was 11/26 392-XR
Hoping to pick up in the next couple weeks!

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure when you ordered, but i assume your sale price was the same when you signed and when you picked up? I know Jeep had raised prices but from what i am seeing Koons price protected, so just wondering.

Hoping to pick mine up very soon as well. Good advice on the financing!
Ordered in December. Yes, exactly the same to the penny.

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Ordered in December. Yes, exactly the same to the penny.
Awesome, thanks for sharing, other than the financing everything else was good?
I have been in shipped status since May 4, hopefully see it soon!
Congrats on the car by the way love the color! thats what i got too! Hydro!

wdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC Sierra SLT 5.3, 2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T
I'll throw my hat in here...

2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys - Sarge Green

3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS
6-Speed Manual Transmission
Sarge Green Clear Coat
Low-Back Bucket Seats -T5 Black/Heritage Tan
MOPAR HD Rock Slider w/Step Assist
Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
Cold Weather Group
Convenience Group

3/31/22 - Ordered from Brian H at Koons
4/5/22 - VIN and D status
4/26/22 - D status
5/10/22 - D status

And that's that (sigh)... Good to hear that outside of the rate games, everything else was price protected as agreed. I plan on doing the 50% financing as agreed to get the 1k discount, but will be paying that off after the 3 month window. Not much interest rate risk and the 1k is well worth it.

Sponsored

Billet Wilson

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU RHR / 2021 Ruby 392
Ordered a Gobi 392 with front camera and tow package on 4/6 with Craig.
Received VIN on 4/8.
Currently sitting in D status.

OP
OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep and dealer both have told me the ETA for delivery was from 5/6-5/12 - Today is 5/11 and no sign of it. I suspect it is not going to be on time. They still have one more day but.....

Its a good thing Koon's is 5 hours away or I might have taken to frequent drive bys :)

zsg1313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep and dealer both have told me the ETA for delivery was from 5/6-5/12 - Today is 5/11 and no sign of it. I suspect it is not going to be on time. They still have one more day but.....

Its a good thing Koon's is 5 hours away or I might have taken to frequent drive bys :)
If it makes you feel any better I ordered on 2/08 and have a shipping estimate of the 19th/20th

I went into this expecting late June or even July so im pretty thrilled with the time frame.

OP
OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it makes you feel any better I ordered on 2/08 and have a shipping estimate of the 19th/20th

I went into this expecting late June or even July so im pretty thrilled with the time frame.
Yes. I know there are people that have waited much longer so I should be quiet. I can track a $3 dollar box of paper clips but we can’t get tracking of a 65k vehicle.

ALT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
6-Speed Manual Transmission

I plan on doing the 50% financing as agreed to get the 1k discount, but will be paying that off after the 3 month window.
Is there something in place would actually prevent the buyer from paying off the loan or refinancing it prior to the 3 months?

I have read here that there are build delays with manual transmission builds. Is that affecting you?
Sponsored