Sponsored

Keyless Enter-N-Go - Passive Entry

johnnytaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ
Mine has been working better lately. First off, you don't pull the handle to unlock. It unlocks just by grasping/holding the handle (touch, not pull). If it doesn't work, take your hand off, wait 1 sec, then do it again. Don't pull the handle until it is unlocked. I'm thinking the act of pulling the handle too fast (before it unlocks) makes it worse.

Also, locking it with the handle button also seems better now. I'm trying to be careful to just press the button, not grab the handle and press the button.

Curious if anyone else's experience is better now.

For the record, I haven't tried updating uconnect nor do I know if it has been updated.
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Mine has been working better lately. First off, you don't pull the handle to unlock. It unlocks just by grasping/holding the handle (touch, not pull). If it doesn't work, take your hand off, wait 1 sec, then do it again. Don't pull the handle until it is unlocked. I'm thinking the act of pulling the handle too fast (before it unlocks) makes it worse.

Also, locking it with the handle button also seems better now. I'm trying to be careful to just press the button, not grab the handle and press the button.

Curious if anyone else's experience is better now.

For the record, I haven't tried updating uconnect nor do I know if it has been updated.
I think people have had better experiences with this feature on other vehicles which is why they are understandably upset at the way it is functioning. My girlfriends car has the feature and I notice exactly what you are stating. If I grab too quickly and pull before it unlocks I can yank on it over and over just like others have stated. If I wait to hear the unlock, boom I am in and it is much less frustrating.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
@johnnytaco and @$uicide$hift - I've tried that as well. In my video, I only pulled to clearly show how long it takes. There is no difference if I stand there grabbing and letting go without pulling, over and over, or if I pull. If you simply grab the handle continuously without letting go and wait for it to recognize the touch, you'll be there all day as it never will. I feel like I've tested practically every scenario. Probably spent hours running through different tests.The problem is the system simply DOES NOT recognize the hand touch...for about 5-6 seconds. Reaching up and grabbing the handle over and over looks stupid, to me, while standing in a parking lot. There's probably someone in their car watching me, laughing and filming me, getting ready to post it on YouTube! But I'm stubborn! I could easily reach in the pocket, pull out the FOB, push the button, and unlock it that way. But, I paid for the damn thing so I'm determined to get it to work...and hopeful that someday it starts working, miraculously I supppse, lol.

With that said, I noticed a change yesterday while out at dinner, but before I post it up, I want to verify later today if it's true. Stay tuned.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so I'm about to make things a little more muddy, lol.

Last night, while we were out to dinner, I noticed that the system actually performed perfectly on the one occasion I used it. The ONLY change in over 3 weeks of poor performance was that I cleaned her, finally, Sunday afternoon. That's right...a cleaning seemingly fixed it!...Wait, really? Yes!

To test it, I let her sit in the parking lot here at work for 3 hours after arriving this morning. I just walked out and checked...perfect! It unlocked IMMEDIATELY. No waiting!

Again, nothing has changed except a good 'ole cleaning. What gives? It wasn't like the vehicle was that dirty. No mud. It's just been raining here so much lately, that I hadn't had a chance to clean her until this weekend. This would coincide with my notion that it worked for the first 4-5 days after I bought it as it started the 3 week rain (record rain here in those three weeks) about that time. Seems odd. I mean, it wasn't wet the entire three weeks...and it still functioned poorly, even when dry, just dirty.

Anyone else having problems have a dirty vehicle? Those of you that have had theirs work perfectly all the time, was yours clean?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
Anyone else having problems have a dirty vehicle? Those of you that have had theirs work perfectly all the time, was yours clean?
Perhaps the door handles themselves were covered with whatever ... or your hands have been so friggin dirty for weeks and when you washed the JL your hands got cleaned.. :cwl:

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe changing @se7en name to pigpen? Clean your :asshat:! Lol

You know, I hope you're right. Sounds logical.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
se7en: maybe it wasn't actually the cleaning that corrected the problem...Did you complement your new JL on how nice she looked clean?

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah...I told her she was HAWT!!
:like:

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@se7en I posted this question earlier in this thread about the possibility that the handle is dirty or has a film on it. Either way I really won't be able to contribute with experience until mine is built and delivered.

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's just crazy for me to think this is the case, though. I mean, seriously...every time it rains and the vehicle gets dirty, it going to stop working properly? Makes no sense. It wasnt that dirty...seriously!

More testing to come, I guess. Although, it's not going to rain on her until next week, probably, so it'll be a little while. Curious as to others experience when they chime in.

Just checked it again. Makes three times in 7 hours. Perfect. SMH. Super glad it's working properly, though, for sure. Hope it stays this way.

Sponsored

teej

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR Rubicon
I donā€™t think itā€™s the dirty/clean thing. Having a similar experience. Worked great for like a week, then the same symptoms. No improvement after a car wash. Car wasnā€™t really even dirty before either.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is Jeeps way of telling all you filthy S.O.B.'s to wash your hands more! :giggle:

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Iā€™ve thought about that, too. Iā€™ve just not went digging for it, yet. May try and reboot it today to see if that changes anything.
Sounds like something is off with yours since it is not happening to all.

Try new battery, cycle prox on/off in Uconnect, totally resync key to vehicle???

Just other ideas, I'm sure you're frustrated.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m still confused why they implemented two sensors in the hood to make sure it was closed but they couldnā€™t implement 2-4 sensors in the handles to make sure it was indeed a hand trying to open the door :movember:

OP
OP

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Mine worked perfectly this morning on two separate occasions. And no, I didnā€™t clean mine. Maybe there was a silent update pushed? Iā€™m out of town for the next few days, so Iā€™ll be curious to see what happens when I return.

And, to clarify, when it works perfectly, it unlocks as you pull the handle. You should not need to touch to unlock and then pull.
Sponsored