Sponsored

Keyless Enter-N-Go - Passive Entry

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
From reading this thread it seems like the issues people are having are with delay in unlocking their vehicles. Maybe I have missed it but does anyone have issues with delay in locking.

I have had no issue with unlocking. However, it takes between 5-10 seconds to lock using the button on the handle. I have had passive/proximity entry on my last 3 vehicles and had never had to wait longer than a second. Once you close the door it can be locked. Even if other doors are open it takes the command and then locks as soon as the other doors close. .
make sure you to press the button without having your dingers rapped around the handle.I noticed this causes the delay in my case.
Sponsored

Kenny121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
make sure you to press the button without having your dingers rapped around the handle.I noticed this causes the delay in my case.
I’m sorry....what shouldn’t I wrap around the handle?

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It would have never occurred to me to wrap my dinger around the handle.

But hey, whatever you're into is cool. I ain't judgin'.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
OK So you know on a key fob you hit the unlock button once and only the drivers door opens. But if i have someone with me i can push the button again and then all the doors will open.. I was told you can program the JL on the uconnect screen to do this but how do you just sometimes open all the doors when you have someone one with you and not when your alone.? Do you just touch the door handle once for just drivers door and twice for all the doors ? Or can you only either just do it one way all he time ?

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
OK So you know on a key fob you hit the unlock button once and only the drivers door opens. But if i have someone with me i can push the button again and then all the doors will open.. I was told you can program the JL on the uconnect screen to do this but how do you just sometimes open all the doors when you have someone one with you and not when your alone.? Do you just touch the door handle once for just drivers door and twice for all the doors ? Or can you only either just do it one way all he time ?
You only have two options:
  1. Open driver's door only.
  2. Open all doors.
I have mine set on option 2.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
  2. Open all doors.
  2. Open all doors.
Okay that's still better than nothing. But it would have been nice if you could have touched the handle twice by lifting your hand up and touching it the second time and then open all the doors. If your wife by herself and it's night time and maybe somebody standing on the other side of the vehicle you don't want them to be standing there and unlock the door for safety reasons. That's why they had that feature on a remote will you can hit it once or twice but like I said it's still better than nothing

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Okay that's still better than nothing. But it would have been nice if you could have touched the handle twice by lifting your hand up and touching it the second time and then open all the doors. If your wife by herself and it's night time and maybe somebody standing on the other side of the vehicle you don't want them to be standing there and unlock the door for safety reasons. That's why they had that feature on a remote will you can hit it once or twice but like I said it's still better than nothing
Works “the same” with the keyless entry, when I touch the driver’s door handle, it only unlocks the driver’s door; if I touch the passenger’s door handle, it unlocks all four of em (which I do when I do have my wife with me, or need to put my daughter in her car seat).

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So if i am standing next to the drivers door thats within 3 feet can someone on the passenger side touch the door handle an it openll about 3 feet away from the key fob in my pocket ?

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
So if i am standing next to the drivers door thats within 3 feet can someone on the passenger side touch the door handle an it openll about 3 feet away from the key fob in my pocket ?
Never tried, I’d say I doubt it though... Hopefully not ? Cause that would be a “safety” issue in my book

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
No. Only the door that is closest to the FOB is active.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Can somebody help me? I'm sure it's user error. I have a Sport Unlimited with the S package and Tech package. My window sticker says the Keyless Enter N Go feature is standard equipment. However, when I walk up to my Jeep with the fob in my pocket and grab the handle, it will not unlock the Jeep. Also, I do not have a button on the handle to push to lock the Jeep either.

What's up with this??
Sponsored