JLUR not getting compliments

Status
Not open for further replies.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Maybe add some stickers or decals...doesn't stand out much.

Sponsored

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Soft top
Glad to hear that! I ordered a soft top, it’s being built and often wonder if I’ll regret that decision. I’m glad to hear how much people love their new soft tops :LOL:

Came from a truck and was very concerned about the soft top...highway road noise, temperature, etc. it has been great. From cold (25 degrees) mountain mornings to the 10 hour highway drive to get there and back...no regrets. Love the soft top.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I have only been in the high 40s and temp was not an issue at all, nice and cozy

noise at low speeds you hear big trucks and planes fly over, it’s not bad, just different, at high speed it all blends together and sounds like a Jeep, no different than my old hats top with liners.. And no matter what turning on radio fixes all noise

Not having to store the hard top, and being able to put the top back up in the time it takes my kids to buckle up is awesome

No regrets at al, really just so happy with it

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I might be alone in saying this, but the JL hard top doesn't do much for noise reduction in terms of wind noise and loud trucks/cars driving by. Sometimes I still find myself checking to make sure the windows are closed when I'm driving. I never had that sensation when driving my JK.

As far as I'm concerned the stats check out. IIRC the JL hard top is considerably lighter than the JK hard top.

Sponsored

xtimesofgrace

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I swear in my JKU sahara white I had somebody say nice Jeep once a day.. I have had my sting gray JLU rubicon for a month, it’s lifted with 35s and have not had one person comment on it.. anyone else experience this? I think my rig is awesome, wondering if it’s too cool and people don’t talk to me because they think I am a douchebag for having a cool rig lol

0EB3EB0A-B863-4B2D-9982-8D9886CDC161.jpeg
I dont know... that thing is pretty bad ass to me. I'm always jealous of a Rubicon lol

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I dont know... that thing is pretty bad ass to me. I'm always jealous of a Rubicon lol
just went in my first trail in the new rig today, the rubicon on 35s, with fox shocks and fox steering stabilizer is a beast offroad, it handles washboarding like butter, went straight they deep sand with out the shifty wiggle I would get in my sahara.. it was all easy today, but tomorrow get to do an intermediate run that has a solid few hundred feet of boulder rubble midday .. that is very challenging.. excited to see how it handles it, and get to full articulation

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I like your Jeep :rock: :jk: :flag:
I like it too OP. When I said before I don't criticize other people's rigs, by no means does it preclude praising them.

But you should know WHY I like it: because it's your vision and presumptively it makes YOU happy.

Another story. I'm at Home Depot today. An awesome modded JL is parked closer to the store than me. I pass it and the owner's inside. I think about praising him but don't. My rig is too far away for the driver to see I'm telling the truth that I'm a Wrangler owner/lover too, and my praise could be misinterpreted as something sinister by him--so I mind my own business.

There can be 10,000 reasons why people could like really your rig but choose to say nothing in this crazy, litigious, crime ridden, paranoid, and gun carrying world.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.