JLU HEATED SEATS MODULE?!?!

nathan909

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You can turn on the heated seat via Jscan. The issues is the canbus connected and where everything goes. I wish I was able to look at totaled JLU with the cold weather package and see everything exactly
I tried turning on headed seats with Jscan, I didn't see the radio option on my 2021 w 8.4"
Sponsored

OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
Good to know. Any further update on whether the seats will work without the heated steering wheel?
99.9% sure that you need the steering wheel also. All three items (Driver seat, pass seat and steering wheel) all connect together under the dash. Without one of the three connected I'm assuming there will be errors or a light will show up. This whole thing is really frustrating lol, im about to add aftermarket heaters! I just wish I could toggle them on and off using the factory switches!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
99.9% sure that you need the steering wheel also. All three items (Driver seat, pass seat and steering wheel) all connect together under the dash. Without one of the three connected I'm assuming there will be errors or a light will show up. This whole thing is really frustrating lol, im about to add aftermarket heaters! I just wish I could toggle them on and off using the factory switches!
Have you tried enabling in Jscan and scanning for errors? I think it might trip a code, but probably not illuminate any lights on the dash.

I've messed around with other features I don't have, and while the ECU does know that something isn't right it doesn't trigger a CEL or anything annoying. Right now I have a code for "radio unexpected configuration" (or something of that nature) after adding proximity locks. Everything works fine, no dash lights, but there's still a stored code.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Have you tried enabling in Jscan and scanning for errors? I think it might trip a code, but probably not illuminate any lights on the dash.

I've messed around with other features I don't have, and while the ECU does know that something isn't right it doesn't trigger a CEL or anything annoying. Right now I have a code for "radio unexpected configuration" (or something of that nature) after adding proximity locks. Everything works fine, no dash lights, but there's still a stored code.
Absolutely correct. There are many many errors that will not trigger any dash light, let alone the MIL/CEL.

Especially in today’s world, with vehicles having dozens of modules in them (some even have close to a hundred), I would venture to say that a vast majority of vehicle errors will never be indicated in the instrument cluster whatsoever.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
What I'm most curious about is will the circuit be complete, and the seats work? Or will it not work at all? And if it's the latter- can we maybe jumper out the wheel connection somehow?
What does the under-dash module hook up to? Is it a Plug in wiring harness that's easy to get to, or is it a whole other set of wiring harnesses to get it to work? We know the cost if you go Mopar, but the other thing I'm starting to wonder is what would the cost be if could we snag the parts from a wrecked JLU?
Just thinking out loud.
My buddy just got a 4xe with the heated seats/ wheel and it's awesome.

Sponsored

OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I'm most curious about is will the circuit be complete, and the seats work? Or will it not work at all? And if it's the latter- can we maybe jumper out the wheel connection somehow?
What does the under-dash module hook up to? Is it a Plug in wiring harness that's easy to get to, or is it a whole other set of wiring harnesses to get it to work? We know the cost if you go Mopar, but the other thing I'm starting to wonder is what would the cost be if could we snag the parts from a wrecked JLU?
Just thinking out loud.
My buddy just got a 4xe with the heated seats/ wheel and it's awesome.
well the seats and the wheel all meet at the module below the dash(behind the knee panel). Most of us all have the wiring harness for the heated seat and the wiring to the fuse box. The steaming wheel is a different story lol. The heated wheel needs a new harness and that also means you need to replace the turn signal controls. The cost so far is just crazy lol. Better to try and find a totaled one and pull the parts 😂🤣😂🤣

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
well the seats and the wheel all meet at the module below the dash(behind the knee panel). Most of us all have the wiring harness for the heated seat and the wiring to the fuse box. The steaming wheel is a different story lol. The heated wheel needs a new harness and that also means you need to replace the turn signal controls. The cost so far is just crazy lol. Better to try and find a totaled one and pull the parts 😂🤣😂🤣
good to know. Time to reread this thread, do some digging, and maybe place a call to a few parts yards. It's way too cold here in NY.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
good to know. Time to reread this thread, do some digging, and maybe place a call to a few parts yards. It's way to cold here in NY.
I’m right there with you LOL, PA isn’t much better weather wise haha! I’m going to tear into my Jeep this spring/summer

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I think the best way is just to get aftermarket heaters for the members who really want heated seats. The leather upholstery comes off really easily once you remove the seats from the jeep so it should be a pretty easy and fun little project.

DigitalDiem

First Name
Capn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
sitting in my rubicon with the heated seats on reading this thread.

seriously though, if you can figure this out, a lot of people would be stoked. I didnt want all the bells and whistles but i'm glad i have them now. but I totally would have added heated seats after.

I would even go as far as buying the Trigger Six Shooter and using the 5 or 6 input to power your seats. then just have the heat level button select temp. you can remotely turn them on or off or come on when you remote start your vehicle.

I could be mistaken but my heated seats will not come on until the outside temp is below a certain point for remote start. ORRRRRRRRR, thats another thing that doesnt work on my JL, lol.
It has to be below 40f to work remotely.

Sponsored

Smurf

First Name
Smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4xe (exp delivery end of Jan 2022)
Reading through and wondering if anyone has thoughts on my predicament.

I finally took delivery on my brand new 2022 4xe Sahara and have been searching for the seat warmer button-- The dude at the concierge car place I ordered through assured me it would have "everything I need and probably a ton of stuff you don't" yet somehow didn't mention the "cold weather package," even though I live in Tahoe-- a place he, himself, vacations to enjoy the exceedingly wintery conditions.

Needless to say, I'm livid on discovering this massive oversight! (And, I know, I should have known... but this is also why I went through a conceirge place, since I was overwhelmed by all the schtuff in new cars.)

At a minimum, I need the seated heats and probably need the remote start. Remote start looks like an easy to do dealer install. The seats, however-- I've been on the phone with my two nearest dealers this morning, and they both are needing to "research whether it's possible."

HELP? I absolutely adore my new 4xe, but get choked up every time I plunk my butt on the freezing seat and touch the ice cold steering wheel (which, I'm fine to do without if I can at least get the heated seats and remote start sorted.)

OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reading through and wondering if anyone has thoughts on my predicament.

I finally took delivery on my brand new 2022 4xe Sahara and have been searching for the seat warmer button-- The dude at the concierge car place I ordered through assured me it would have "everything I need and probably a ton of stuff you don't" yet somehow didn't mention the "cold weather package," even though I live in Tahoe-- a place he, himself, vacations to enjoy the exceedingly wintery conditions.

Needless to say, I'm livid on discovering this massive oversight! (And, I know, I should have known... but this is also why I went through a conceirge place, since I was overwhelmed by all the schtuff in new cars.)

At a minimum, I need the seated heats and probably need the remote start. Remote start looks like an easy to do dealer install. The seats, however-- I've been on the phone with my two nearest dealers this morning, and they both are needing to "research whether it's possible."

HELP? I absolutely adore my new 4xe, but get choked up every time I plunk my butt on the freezing seat and touch the ice cold steering wheel (which, I'm fine to do without if I can at least get the heated seats and remote start sorted.)
So I ended up caving and installing aftermarket heated seats in my wife’s Jeep. Honestly the cost was well worth it (really cheap actually). If you’re near the tristate area I can help you install them (hog rings are a pain in the butt lol)

edit- I just realized how farAway you are from me 😬😬

Smurf

First Name
Smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
edit- I just realized how farAway you are from me 😬😬
Ha! Yes. Really couldn't be farther. Thanks, though.

People are pretty legitamately suggesting I sell this one and just order a new one and expect the uptick in "used car" value to cover the costs. But that seems such a ridiculous thing to do. I wouldn't have imagined this one would be so tough!

OP
OP
scottedontknow

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha! Yes. Really couldn't be farther. Thanks, though.

People are pretty legitamately suggesting I sell this one and just order a new one and expect the uptick in "used car" value to cover the costs. But that seems such a ridiculous thing to do. I wouldn't have imagined this one would be so tough!
No joke it will cost you $120 and like 3-5 hours of your day. Soooo worth it!!! I thought about trading mine in also but they retired Mojito sooooo that’s a no go for me haha!!

Smurf

First Name
Smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they retired Mojito sooooo that’s a no go for me haha!!
Mine's Tuscadero, and I heard that had officially been discoed in October when I rushed to get my order in-- probably part of why this got overlooked. I am not sure if you can still order Tuscadero (still seeing it on option), but, yeah, I've grown attached to this one!

What's involved in installing it (do I need to slice open my seats and whatnot?) and where does the controller go? I am very crafty, but not at all mechanical.
Sponsored