Sponsored

Katzkin Heated and Cooled seats

Tbackus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Looking to upgrade cloth for leather, been in contact with local Katzkin installer but he won't do the cooled seats. Does anyone here have experience with the cooling on these seats? Don't know if i should just not get them or look for another installer.

BTW, live in west central Florida. Cooled seats would be a dream!
Sponsored

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure. Jeep only has the cold weather option that includes heated seats and steering wheel. Either way. .. sounds like an extensive mod to do cooled or ventilated seats.

OP
OP
Tbackus

Tbackus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure. Jeep only has the cold weather option that includes heated seats and steering wheel. Either way. .. sounds like an extensive mod to do cooled or ventilated seats.
Nah.. Katzkin offers it, but my local installer just won't do it, says they don't work.. Still would like to know if anyone has actually done it and the results. Not sure if my installer just doesn't want to do it, or if they really don't work. I can't imagine Katzkin would offer it if it was crappy.
Check at the bottom of the page: https://katzkin.com/product-options/

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
Nah.. Katzkin offers it, but my local installer just won't do it, says they don't work.. Still would like to know if anyone has actually done it and the results. Not sure if my installer just doesn't want to do it, or if they really don't work. I can't imagine Katzkin would offer it if it was crappy.
Check at the bottom of the page: https://katzkin.com/product-options/
Hey, this post is a couple years old but I'll still ask, did you ever find someone to install those cooled seats?

OP
OP
Tbackus

Tbackus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, this post is a couple years old but I'll still ask, did you ever find someone to install those cooled seats?
Nope. One wouldn't and the other wanted an outrageous amount, I think like an additional $500, to do it. So I didn't, And every day in the summer, I wish I would have.... I did get the leather, and don't regret that part at all.

Sponsored

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EHS
Nope. One wouldn't and the other wanted an outrageous amount, I think like an additional $500, to do it. So I didn't, And every day in the summer, I wish I would have.... I did get the leather, and don't regret that part at all.
Well $500 is better than what Corporate Katzkin quoted me, which was an additional $1000 for degreez. But also told me it could be done. The only way I could see it being an issue is if you got completely soaked when the roof was off. I take my JL offroad here in FL sometimes but you will not see me go in anything that goes above the bottom rails if I can help it (you get my meaning).

I will say that even with the 0% interest offer, I've got too much tied up trying to get lift+tires+rims right now.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
I have cooled seats in both my GMC Denalis and hardly use them. Makes it feel like the seat of your pants are wet. I won't pay for that option again. Now heated seats are wonderful!!!

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
EHS
I have cooled seats in both my GMC Denalis and hardly use them. Makes it feel like the seat of your pants are wet. I won't pay for that option again. Now heated seats are wonderful!!!
I understand that lol. my 2018 Challenger came with all the fancy upgrades including the heated/cooled seats. Just wish I could've transferred that motor & tranny to the Jeep lol.

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
Definitely search through the forum. Remember there being a few examples of Katzkin installs with cooled seats.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Just so to put your mind at ease, they don't cool them like air conditioning they ventilate them and so with leather or any other material it's not going to really cool.

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Air blown swamp a$$. Would be nice in less humidity but in FL TX or any other coastal area probably not great because its just a fan. Now if you could block off floor vents to rear and use that air now that would be interesting.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
FYI Katzkin added a new degreez system specific to the JL that lets you do ventilated seats now. I believe price to add it was $1500. I have my amps mounted under both front seats, so it wouldn’t have worked for me.
Sponsored