Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed AFE Power or other loop delete pipe and if so does it make any sound or power difference?
Sponsored

AeonFrost

First Name
Xylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Unlimited Granite Gray
Has anyone installed AFE Power or other loop delete pipe and if so does it make any sound or power difference?

Also interested, one more bump!

thank you for the question, I only bought the outlaw cat back exhaust, but a loop pipe delete would be wonderful. I haven't found anything personally yet but i am debating on having a friend of mine who is a pro fabricator to make me a custom one.

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I did, and noticed that it did sound slightly better, imo, but the change wasn't significant. Power-wise, noticed nothing one way or the other.

I have it in the garage somewhere if you're looking to pick one up.

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Is the Loop delete the only change you did to the exhaust system?
BTW, I like your dirty,sweaty,white JLR
Thanks!

I have Borla axle-back exhaust that I'll throw on or off depending on my mood. Difference with the loop delete is noticeable but slight in both instances.

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Denali Duramax, Chevy Camaro, Jeep CJ7, C7 Corvette, MB S63
I did the Magnaflow loop delete and their rock crawler series catback. Sounds really good for a V6. Didn’t notice a power difference, I did both at the same time but I really couldn’t hear it running before. My primary reason for the loop delete was to prevent damage while off reading.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
My primary reason for the loop delete was to prevent damage while off reading.
When you're off reading what is your Jeep doing? Just idling around the yard in a circle I hope :)

Powerwagon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1982 Jeep CJ5, 2017 Powerwagon
I'm waiting on the CAT delete to show up for off road ! Woops did I say that out loud ?

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The loop delete won't really net you any more power (at least any noticeable gains); the primary function of it is to keep the exhaust from being damaged while offroading, as 2slo mentioned, and to be able to run extended links without interference.

Not to mention getting rid of that factory design that's just.....well.. silly. :LOL:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
The loop delete won't really net you any more power (at least any noticeable gains); the primary function of it is to keep the exhaust from being damaged while offroading, as 2slo mentioned, and to be able to run extended links without interference.

Not to mention getting rid of that factory design that's just.....well.. silly. :LOL:
You do know why the loop was there in the first place... right?

Sponsored

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
You do know why the loop was there in the first place... right?
Because "in theory", perfectly equalized exhaust pulses give the best power. In reality, they dont. There are many engines that run oddfire type exhaust pulses with no detriment to power. All flat-4s, V4s, V5s, and many V6s, V8s, and V10s have unequal/oddfire exhaust pulses that totally throw the "equal pipe length" theory right out the window. I am willing to bet that the Magnaflow kit shows absolutely zero changes to the dyno curve.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Because "in theory", perfectly equalized exhaust pulses give the best power. In reality, they dont. There are many engines that run oddfire type exhaust pulses with no detriment to power.
So you're saying equal length headers do nothing. Neat.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I was thinking about the loop delete but not up to cutting the cat head pipe That can’t be cheap if I need to put back to stock to take it to dealer for something.