JL after market support missing

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Which JLU has the “entire system with interacting components” designed for a JL ?
BTW, Not going for looks. I want 35” tires to clear on trails like the Rubicon where 35” tires are required for the Jeepers Jamboree.
To be honest, 35's don't even clear on a Rubicon unless it is lifted or the fenders have been modified. And I don't mean on the street, I mean on a trail like the Rubicon where the Jeep is going to be heavily articulated. 35's will still rub and there have been accounts of them ripping the inner fenders out.

Putting JLU suspension or Rubicon suspension on a non-Rubicon is going to get you that little bit of lift you are asking for without running coil spacers which sacrifice up travel. JL's are typically about an inch taller than JLU's with the same springs. You are not going to gain any noticeable wheel travel though.

Moving up to a 2" lift like our Stage 1 or 2 (And I realize, these kits are not released yet, but they will be soon. They are more complete versions of our Starter System and I have talked about them a few times on here.) will give you the components required to make use of the additional wheel travel our shock package gives you. 35's fit well on these kits for a 2-door and they are more than capable of conquering some of the more demanding trails like the Rubicon. We'll have our 2 door and 4 door out there for the Jeep Jamboree USA event this year.
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
JCR and Ace both have boatside style sliders for 2 doors.
I have only seen these in steel. Nemesis has been promising their aluminum Billy Rockers for over a year now, but I don't see any JL or JLU products from them yet.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Thanks, just came from their site. They say their 01 coil is 1” on a JLU but 2”’s on a JL? I guess I’ll inquire.

Update: synergy just replied to my inquiry. 3/4" spacer is as close to 1" as they offer. No 1" to 1-1/2" coil kit with matching shocks.
Why not just order the springs you want from Eibach or some other spring maker?

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
I've got this thread on watch. I have similar goals and stuck on standby myself.

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Chris, your shooting around my post but haven’t hit paper yet, go for the bulls eye this time. I have a JLR and looking for 1-1.5" lift coils with shocks to match. I’ll ask again, What JLUR springs do you believe lifts my JLR 1-1.5”.
We don't. We offer 2" springs for the 4-door and 2" springs for the 2-door. That is the minimum lift height we targeted for our coil springs. It just so happens that the 2-door springs will give 1" of lift if put on a 4-door. We don't recommend doing that for the reasons I already wrote above.

Take-off springs from a 4-door is my recommendation for what you are trying to do.

Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm not really understanding why 1.5" is the limit of how tall you guys want to go? Going to 2" is not a substantial increase in height, but it better fits available tire sizes and allows for so much more wheel travel. Maybe it will make more sense once the rest of our 2" kits are released? The Starter System is, unfortunately, all we have out right now. It is designed as a budget kit to get into a coil spring lift and is intended to be upgraded to Stage 1 or 2 over time.

Our Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits which include all the geometry correction for 2" lifts are able to use Fox shock lengths designed for 3.5-4" lifts. Think about that for a minute. You are going to be able to get that much usable wheel travel out of a 2" lift. Maybe it's because there are so many options on the market now, but we've never been a company who is willing to put out products that don't perform to our standards. If it is not going to be a substantial increase in performance, we're not interested. There's a reason we're also not making coil spacer kits.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Well I am one of them, and moving to 35" is what I am looking to do too but am watching this to see what sort of lift would work (AND still be able to fit in 7' max height parking garages!; not worried about CB antenna - it will flex). Meanwhile on side guards/sliders, I installed the Deegan 38 kit last week which has a profile like the Mopar plastic steps but much more solid & has rock lights. Not off road with those yet. On the rear bumper, which I ripped the plastic stock one nearly off during off-roading, I put a JCR Vanguard (also last week) and Shield tire carrier (install pending) to go with the Smittybilt Stryker front bumper with skid plate (in stubby mode). The Stryker weight was great, the Deegan 38 and JCR are not quite as light. Armor for the muffler is something I need, seeing as I have dented it already.

Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Chris, In my post #13, I reported that you informed me you had no product. You came on (post #17) and said," JLU springs and shocks will fit your JL and give you the lift you are looking for."
So twice I have asked if you had an option on what JLUR springs would work. They are not all the same. You never answered and danced around with a reply. I let it go the second time. Now you are back and as a salesman? FYI, I have owned many 4x4's over 45 years and modified them all. You are not going to sell me on something I don't need or want. Let it go !
I apologize if you feel that way. My response was not directed just to you. There are quite a few people commenting in this thread and I felt the information appropriate.

I was referring to changing your springs to oem 4-door springs if that wasn't clear. There are around 46 different spring part numbers from Jeep for the JL. You are sure to be able to find something that will give you the lift you want. Sorry if I can't be of more help... There is a lot of information out there on this topic. This is what I feel is your best option if you don't want to go up to 2" or use coil spacers. It's just my opinion though.

I guess I incorrectly assumed a lot of you would be interested in why we decided to go the direction we did with our kits, why we started at 2" of lift instead of something lower, and what benefits we achieved by doing so.

Feel free to modify as you see fit, it is your Jeep.

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Been on a similar quest. Really just want a 1” non spacer lift for my 35’s on my JLR. Initially installed a Teraflex 1.5” spacer kit, which was okay.

In another thread RK mentioned that their lifts for the 2 doors were based off sport suspension. Based on that information I installed their 2.5” stock mod lift, expecting about 1-1.5” of lift over the stock JLR height. Ended up getting 2.5” in the front and almost 3” in the rear with the RK lift. Way too much for 35s, Jeep looks like a roller skate, I have no intentions of adding 37’s and it doesn’t ride particularly well.

So, today I decided screw it, I’m just going to put the stock Rubi suspension back on. add a .5” spacer to compensate for my winch, and let the market play itself out.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Been on a similar quest. Really just want a 1” non spacer lift for my 35’s on my JLR. Initially installed a Teraflex 1.5” spacer kit, which was okay.

In another thread RK mentioned that their lifts for the 2 doors were based off sport suspension. Based on that information I installed their 2.5” stock mod lift, expecting about 1-1.5” of lift over the stock JLR height. Ended up getting 2.5” in the front and almost 3” in the rear with the RK lift. Way too much for 35s, Jeep looks like a roller skate, I have no intentions of adding 37’s and it doesn’t ride particularly well.

So, today I decided screw it, I’m just going to put the stock Rubi suspension back on. add a .5” spacer to compensate for my winch, and let the market play itself out.
I didn’t want to say anything when you posted your 2.5” lift pics, but yeah, too much for 35’s. I guess us 2 door drivers will be stuck with stock, or spacers. Doesn’t look like the aftermarket will take care of us. Unless it is light bars and angry grills.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
At this point man, I feel like you are arguing, just to argue. I really don’t see anybody releasing a coil kit to only provide 1 or 1.5 inches, it’s not enough for an investment to design, manufacture, etc. You have four options laid out in this whole thread.
1. Do nothing
2. 1-1.5 inch spacer lift, Teraflex makes one. This is what I have right now, until I decide my next step.
3. Try OEM JLU springs and see what you get. Seems risky to me.
4. 2 inch lift, true 2 inch like from Dynatrac or eventually Synergy. By the time you add weight with accessories, people, water, gas, spring settling, skid plates, steel bumpers, etc. you might be around 1.75 inches of lift. Probably as close as you are gonna get, considering you want replacement springs. Some guys going with the true 2 inch lift are even adding .5 inch spacer in front to level weight from bumper, winch, etc.

All you can do, consider the pros and cons, and choose one. None of these sound like they are perfect for you, but 1 or 2 sure seem close. .25 inches won’t keep you out of the garage? This is all I think Chris (@AllJumpStyle ) was trying to say.

I myself, added the 1.5 inch spacer lift real quick for Moab back in March/April, and now considering my longer term plan, which is most likely going to be the Dynatrac 2 inch lift. Didn’t know Synergy was going to release one as well. As we all know, the 2.5 inch lifts out there are designed for 4 door, and thus we get more than 2.5. And I don’t want that either.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...t-2-lift-also-fixed-my-steering-issues.16480/

Last edited:

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I didn’t want to say anything when you posted your 2.5” lift pics, but yeah, too much for 35’s. I guess us 2 door drivers will be stuck with stock, or spacers. Doesn’t look like the aftermarket will take care of us. Unless it is light bars and angry grills.
I’m sure if I had a hard top and a heavier rear bumper it would have brought the height down a bit. For sport owners 2.5” is probably perfect for 35’s.

It’s understandable from a manufacturer/business perspective to focus primarily on the gladiator/JLU market, considering the take rate for JLs are 80% 4drs.
Sponsored