sobeit69

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
The New countrywide FCA Rep told my Illinois dealer that they don’t have enough paint. My skyone was the last one produced when ordered 3/26....( ya right )
I can only order a Mojito with a black hard top.
Well we only want a Sky One.

I was told the colored top and sky one was restricted on dealer order site. I have no other options. Jeep seems to think I will have to take this one when they fix it because there are none nationwide like my specialty ordered Rubicon.

So that means $1000’s of warranty work into a brand new Jeep. 6 miles on her. And guess what...something else will get broken or scratched and I guarantee there will be rattles all over this new Jeep.
Sponsored

ATX_Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wonder how something like that passed the "inspection" stage at the factory? There are alot of defects on your Jeep @sobeit69. I'm curious if something happened during transit?

Anyway, I'm sorry this happened. I know how frustrating it is. Hang in there.

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
Let's look at this honestly.

Anyone that knows anything about Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep products knows that they can be, and are far too often, shittily made.

I knew full well when ordering mine that it had a very good chance of having problems. When mine arrived at the dealership I actually EXPECTED mine to have problems. That's how much faith I had in the company.

I know you are frustrated and I don't blame you, but even the shitty FCA people didn't tell you to go sell your other jeeps that you liked. I would never have gotten rid of something I loved without first knowing that what I was getting was something that I loved.

Take a deep breath and look at the big picture here. At least you didn't get STUCK with the Jeep they ordered for you. Just lick your wounds and maybe they'll make the mojito color again, or they might even make another color you like better.

OP
OP
sobeit69

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Let's look at this honestly.

Anyone that knows anything about Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep products knows that they can be, and are far too often, shittily made.

I knew full well when ordering mine that it had a very good chance of having problems. When mine arrived at the dealership I actually EXPECTED mine to have problems. That's how much faith I had in the company.

I know you are frustrated and I don't blame you, but even the shitty FCA people didn't tell you to go sell your other jeeps that you liked. I would never have gotten rid of something I loved without first knowing that what I was getting was something that I loved.

Take a deep breath and look at the big picture here. At least you didn't get STUCK with the Jeep they ordered for you. Just lick your wounds and maybe they'll make the mojito color again, or they might even make another color you like better.
i hear ya. i just can't get over the $56k price tag with such a crappy produced and un-inspected product. Basically FCA wants me to buy it and they will fix all the broken parts and damage.
i was trying to be proactive and responsible by selling my other rides. but that total bit me in the ass!

I am still currently waiting for FCA to call me with a resolution ! they promised to call me! haha

Sponsored

Toddtrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Ocean Blue
I have had my Jeep in the shop multiple times for weeks and they are unable to recreate a very dangerous condition in my jeep. Since they can’t create it they say the can fix it yet they have engine code. I have a level 3 case with Jeep cares and they are also no help. It is pathetic

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Not to jump on the other side here, but the OP's problem with Jeep calling him back may be due to the fact that he never did purchase or register the vehicle. Not to defend Jeep, I'm in an ongoing steering box issue with them now.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
For real entertainment, swing by a Tesla store and check out the body panel gaps on a $130K P90D.
I was shocked to see how bad body panel gaps were on a Tesla. I watched a guy slap washer after washer between panels and screws trying to fix gaps.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I was shocked to see how bad body panel gaps were on a Tesla. I watched a guy slap washer after washer between panels and screws trying to fix gaps.
Yep - my Wrangler has more gap uniformity than my Tesla. That said I’ve not heard of paint bubble on my mostly aluminum Tesla. I would take panel gaps over corroded paint.

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Most of us came around to that. They took my Jeep for nearly five weeks, spread out, in 2018-2019 and didn’t reimburse any cost for loss of use. Then they put me on the spot for a response and my monthly loan payment amount in less than 24 hours, calling me while my wife was in a major surgery (removal of an organ, a life function), she was still on the operating table and I said it would have to wait, I had a pressing matter. I let the Jeep Cares rep know I would have it in a day or two. She retracted their offer to reimburse me for the inconveniences they caused. @JeepCares DOES NOT CARE. Worst interaction I have ever had. Anywhere. Ever. Period.

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
They just hosed me on my ppf and ceramic coating. Had it all done after my car was repainted the first time and I need to have it repainted again. $2,300 to have everything protected again :(

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I used Jeep Cares a few times early on when I got my 2018 and to be honest they were zero help..

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired Marine/ Techician for Disney
Has anyone noticed something. JeepCares will reply to just about any thread or post. Except when someone posts a negative post about the lack of response, failed response, or sweep the problem under the rug by JeepCares. They seem to be more of a PR Depth, then actually assist someone with a real issue. They will just refer you to someone else hoping to avoid legal action.
Here is some advise JeepCares. Why not actually help people resolve the issues FCA created, and lawyers don't get involved. No one likes lawyers. People just want something fixed that FCA did wrong.

Yellowdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Totally agree. After the dealer svc department return trips for wobble, and the dealer insisting on only replacing the steering damper, which has already been replaced twice, I contacted Jeep Cares, and they only seem to be interested in me proving I own the Jeep. They haven't contacted the dealer at all. So, still no Jeep, waiting for another damper, even though I told the dealer that the damper will only hide what is causing the issue. I asked them to just start with the simple things, like check the balance and alignment, but they haven't even done that. Showed the dealer the video after they replaced the damper two weeks ago of the wobble, it is worse then with the old damper. @JeepCares
Sponsored