Jeep Cares (HAHAHAHA) Really Jeep.....

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Just so everyone is aware if you buy a Jeep and there is a problem ...And the jeep dealership tells you that they know what the problem is but can't fix-it because the factory parts are garbage ...if you go and purchase better parts and have the Jeep Dealership install them to fix there problem ...yes there problem they built it and put that fake warranty on it (which again is garbage parts. ) They will tell you that you modified the Jeep and they will deny to fix the problem or even buy the faulty Jeep back. Just a heads up to anyone looking at a Jeep now . don't get me wrong I love my Wrangler and the Jeep name , but if you build something thats defective shouldn't you either replace the part or fix it but no they choose to go for the least path of resistance and take the easy way out lets just blame it on some BS and keep it moving . Jeep Cares only if it's convenient for them not the customer that put them there.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Did the problem start after you did the 3.5" teraflex lift? What all have you installed and had done? Maybe a comprehensive list of all your mods and corrective actions would help others diagnose your problems.

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2020 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon That I have installed the 3.5 teraflex lift kit with the Tera Flex 3.3 adjustable shocks , the Tera Flex adjustable control arm (IR) kit ,steer smart pro front adjustable track bar , rear metal cloak adjustable track bar , Steer Smart Drag Link Bar ,Teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer(the expensive one) and with 37*13.50*20 tires/rims . I am having the wondering wheel problem where the jeep is wondering from one side to the other it doesn't want to go strait all the time mostly at 30 and up and on curvy roads, bumps don't effect it too much . Just to clarify the roads do not have the ruts in them to grab the tires that is totally unavoidable. ANY HELP PLEASE the dealership is totally lost they have replaced the steering box 3 times to the newest on that ends in AE and I they replaced the tie rod assembly (it's stock ) It also has about 2 inches of what I call dead space in the wheel so you over correct a lot .

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's done it since I bought it but was manageable . I was told that I would replace all the parts that the dealership would replace to fix it anyways so I bought bigger and better parts .

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who installed your teraflex lift? The dealership is not going to be a good source for the resolution. There are far too many variables involved. What is needed is a very experienced jeep lift expert. You may have a faulty part or a faulty install of a single component. The overwhelming number of variables is just too much for a jeep dealer to deal with.

Sponsored

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Allsouth Auto Sports they have built thousands of jeeps over the years . I do understand what you are saying totally, but the Jeep mechanic that builds all of there jeeps that you can buy with the same type lift .Told me that the Mopar Lift that comes from them is built by Teraflex and sold to Mopar most lifts are all about the same I don't think that I'm re-inventing the wheel and Jeep wants to act like I'm adding a 3 inch lift kit to a smart car and saying now fix it , these things are the most modified vehicle on the planet.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would give the guys at Fortec a call. They are preferred dealers for Teraflex.

OP
OP

20JL Rubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will look into them thanks

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Sounds like a DIY nightmare.
I agree, I understand his point, but when you make those modifications the vehicle is not longer within in the specifications of a stock vehicle. There are more jeeps with no issues with stock parts then modified jeeps...

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18ā€™ Toyota 4Runner
When I had my Jeep the steering sucked so bad I filled it with aftermarket parts to make it better. Everything helped some but it still was never perfect. I asked the dealer if they could put the new Steering Box and Program to see if that helped my dead spot they said NO because I did modifications to the steering components. COmplete bull shit. That and the fact my instrument cluster died at just 16k miles was the last straw. I traded that pos in and will never own a jeep again. It sucks because the platform is really good. I loved it just not as much as the problems.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
If thereā€™s a problem with a factory stock Wrangler and it needs to be addressed, why didnā€™t you let the dealer fix the issue to begin with?

Why did you take it upon yourself to fix the issue with aftermarket parts consisting of a complex setup and then go back to the dealership when things arenā€™t working correctly, bash the brand, the dealership and the support group within the Jeep organization that is designed to help you because you arenā€™t getting the support/help/answers that you want?

And to do it on a public forum that is full of enthusiasts of the brand as well as the model?

I truly feel bad for what youā€™re going thru and it sounds like it really, really sucks. But maybe you need to be honest with yourself and return your Wrangler back to factory stock? Sell your modifications, recuperate some of the money youā€™ve spent and either sell your Wrangler, get something else or drive it bone stock.

So many people would love to drive a bone stock Rubi as theyā€™re quite capable from the factory. Best wishes to you.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18ā€™ Toyota 4Runner
If thereā€™s a problem with a factory stock Wrangler and it needs to be addressed, why didnā€™t you let the dealer fix the issue to begin with?

Why did you take it upon yourself to fix the issue with aftermarket parts consisting of a complex setup and then go back to the dealership when things arenā€™t working correctly, bash the brand, the dealership and the support group within the Jeep organization that is designed to help you because you arenā€™t getting the support/help/answers that you want?
IN my case and the case of others a lot of the fixes were not out at the time a lot of us upgraded. For example I put a track bar soupport bracket because at the time there was no Trackbar weld recall etc. The steering box was the same. Also the new track bar and steering dampener just came out last fall. So its hard to say why didn't you wait for dealer to fix because at times there is no fix yet.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
IN my case and the case of others a lot of the fixes were not out at the time a lot of us upgraded...
That makes ALOT of sense. Iā€™m assuming those modifications were done because you had the mopar lift installed?

I learned the very hard way time ago that if I have even the slightest bit of uncertainty that if I do x mod, it may result in an undesirable y handling characteristic and that replacing a, b and c components may help but will not remedy the problem... I donā€™t do it.

That being said, I feel reassured to know that Jeep is releasing their JPP20 that now will have the 2ā€ mopar lift installed at a nearby facility. Jeep seems to have improved their kit and recent forum members whoā€™ve installed it on their wranglers report no significant issues.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I follow threads to get notifications of new posts relative to the subject not to read a post from the grammar police. lol
:CWL: :champagne::beer::beer: Cheers brother!

In the world of the internets Iā€™ve become accustomed to bad grammar that it doesnā€™t even bother me anymore.

Iā€™ve come to recognize that not everyone had the exemplary public elementary school education as me. Our teachers BEAT and shamed grammar into us. Those with peanut allergies suffered the most LMAO.

No disrespect to those who suffer from peanut allergies. That shit is serious!
Sponsored