Is Bronco worth the wait?

TGB

First Name
TGB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You know what, it was a bronco sport. I looked up the "full size" bronco.....looks like they're ripping off Jeep a little with the body lines to me.....just my 2 cent
How it this NOT a Wrangler Unlimited??

web_bronco2021_EN_header_720x840.jpg
Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
How it this NOT a Wrangler Unlimited??
Sounds like you should probably reserve further judgement until you actually see one in person. You previously thought they looked like garbage because you mistook it for the Bronco Sport and now its identical to a Wrangler in your view. It doesn't have the same dimensions or the same look other than also having a removable door and top. Sure there are certain similarities b but you could do this with any car manufacturer and say "how is an Audi S4 and a BMW M3 not the same!?!?!". Go look up side by side images and you'll see plenty of differences. Usually best to with hold judgement or a valid opinion on something until you find out more information.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is Bronco worth the wait? 731903

Jeep Wrangler JL Is Bronco worth the wait? 2021 Bronco 4-door vs Jeep Wrangler JLUR Rubicon 4-Door 2

2021 Bronco 4-door vs Jeep Wrangler JLUR Rubicon 4-Door 3.jpg

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Not all JL Wranglers had steering problems but a lot sure did. I'd take a top that has defects over steering issues. While there aren't a lot on the road currently, there are Bronco's out there with zero problems other than a top that will eventually be replaced. Maybe Jeep should have fixed the wandering steering on the JL before releasing them? It's all perspective I guess.
I don’t see how your post replies to my quoted post, unless you are simply looking for an argument.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t see how your response has anything to do with my quoted post, unless you are simply looking for an argument.
Someone posted about JL's steering problem. You responded and said yours was trouble free as away to counter someone bringing up the steering issue which there's many threads on this forum about. This is a thread about the Bronco and you've mentioned their problems thus far.
Hence why I said I'd rather have the Bronco top problem then a JL steering problem and that Jeep could have delayed their release instead of rolling out so many JL's with this steering problem that actually created a service bulletin for it with parts replaced under warranty to correct it.
Not looking for an argument at all but people seem do seem to be pretty defensive on this forum about their Jeeps and pretty offensive when it comes to the Bronco. I try to stay impartial and have rational viewpoints on both vehicles.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
“Is it worth the wait”? Not to this guy. Had my Two-door Bronco VIN since April, and my build delayed 5x since the latest debacle. I have lost faith that Ford can deliver, and I’m signing the papers on a 2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Islander edition this morning.

…The GM at that dealer hated the gloss white roof; figured it would never sell. Ford guys wanted gloss white roofs from the get-go, a nod to the EB. Ford can’t even figure out how to make a hard top in any color!

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
“Is it worth the wait”? Not to this guy. Had my Two-door Bronco VIN since April, and my build delayed 5x since the latest debacle. I have lost faith that Ford can deliver, and I’m signing the papers on a 2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Islander edition this morning.

…The GM at that dealer hated the gloss white roof; figured it would never sell. Ford guys wanted gloss white roofs from the get-go, a nod to the EB. Ford can’t even figure out how to make a hard top in any color!
In my opinion (for the most part) Jeep understands it’s customers with the wrangler vs the bronco…like your example with the roof top color.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
There's videos of the Bronco being plenty capable so not sure where you are headed with this. I get it, you are a Jeep fanboy surrounded by other Jeep fanboys on this forum. It's fine. I love Jeeps as well and have had many through my life but don't close my eyes to other brands because of the name. Nor am I going to judge the entire Bronco on 1 part in an off roading video (when it did just as well as the 4Runner in the rest of the video) or judge the entire vehicle on problems with the hardtop/delivery issues.
I've gone off road with TRD 4Runners and JellyBeans (FJ Cruisers). They had no problems on moderate trails and even tackled some good obstacles without much drama. Looking over the Bronco pictures and specs, I can see that it should be in the same ballpark. And the available upgrades should do well.

Sure, they muffed the launch pretty bad. But once they get their production issues mostly sorted out they should be a pretty decent 4x4 for a lot of people. And I expect to see them all over the trails here in Colorado.

But there have been fanboys in every camp for as long as there have been competing brands. They come at every topic with hyperbole and out of context anecdotes they like. That part won't change unfortunately. But it's not limited to just 4x4s. You find it across any car brand with a rivalry. Best thing to do with people like that is ignore them.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Someone posted about JL's steering problem. You responded and said yours was trouble free as away to counter someone bringing up the steering issue which there's many threads on this forum about. This is a thread about the Bronco and you've mentioned their problems thus far.
Hence why I said I'd rather have the Bronco top problem then a JL steering problem and that Jeep could have delayed their release instead of rolling out so many JL's with this steering problem that actually created a service bulletin for it with parts replaced under warranty to correct it.
Not looking for an argument at all but people seem do seem to be pretty defensive on this forum about their Jeeps and pretty offensive when it comes to the Bronco. I try to stay impartial and have rational viewpoints on both vehicles.
No, you are attributing reasons to my response that simply weren’t there.

Since you bring up fairness: the way Ford launched Bronco was not just flawed but quite unfair, too.

Ford spent TWO years painting this picture-perfect image of Bronco, flooding the web with professionally taken videos, shots, fake reviews, while NO ONE was allowed to touch one, drive one, let alone say anything bad about it.

Then when the vehicle is finally available to the public and everyone is hungry to find out exactly what it really is all about, are we supposed to just sit down and take all the kool-aid Ford has been spewing...?

Hell no!

TGB

First Name
TGB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sounds like you should probably reserve further judgement until you actually see one in person. You previously thought they looked like garbage because you mistook it for the Bronco Sport and now its identical to a Wrangler in your view. It doesn't have the same dimensions or the same look other than also having a removable door and top. Sure there are certain similarities b but you could do this with any car manufacturer and say "how is an Audi S4 and a BMW M3 not the same!?!?!". Go look up side by side images and you'll see plenty of differences. Usually best to with hold judgement or a valid opinion on something until you find out more information.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is Bronco worth the wait? 2021 Bronco 4-door vs Jeep Wrangler JLUR Rubicon 4-Door 3

Jeep Wrangler JL Is Bronco worth the wait? 2021 Bronco 4-door vs Jeep Wrangler JLUR Rubicon 4-Door 3

" It doesn't have the same dimensions or the same look other than also having a removable door and top"

You forgot the spare tire on the back door

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Ford spent TWO years painting this picture-perfect image of Bronco, flooding the web with professionally taken videos, shots, fake reviews, while NO ONE was allowed to touch one, drive one, let alone say anything bad about it.

Then when the vehicle is finally available to the public and everyone is hungry to find out exactly what it really is all about, are we supposed to just sit down and take all the kool-aid Ford has been spewing...?

Hell no!
Why put so much weight into how Ford marketed the vehicle?
I've seen you post the same thing over and over again in multiple threads. Not that serious honestly. I tend not to put too much emphasis on what a CEO or a marketing team says about their own vehicle. At the end of the day, Ford still created a pretty damn good product that is for the most part being universally praised by anyone who's actually seen AND driven one.

You forgot the spare tire on the back door
Hate to break it to you but there are other vehicles over the years that have had the spare tire mounted in the rear. They really don't look all that similar and this should be applauded to create competition that should continue to push Jeep to improve/change their Wrangler (as they did almost immediately by adding a 35" tire package).

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Why put so much weight into how Ford marketed the vehicle?
I've seen you post the same thing over and over again in multiple threads. Not that serious honestly. I tend not to put too much emphasis on what a CEO or a marketing team says about their own vehicle. At the end of the day, Ford still created a pretty damn good product that is for the most part being universally praised by anyone who's actually seen AND driven one.
Because it is a big deal!!!

As a fanboy you probably don’t see the impact all of that marketing has had on the market, the anticipation it has created, the expectations it raised, the gouging and all the games dealers are playing, and yes, the pushback it created in some camps.

So far Bronco is one of the most extensive, expensive marketing campaigns ever launched. But, as it sits, without a product ready to fulfill all those big promises, Bronco remains the biggest empty promise in a generation.

PS - all of that market anticipation has to go somewhere; ironically, since Ford can’t deliver, Jeep has been selling Wranglers in record numbers.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Is the Bronco worth the wait? Thread or video should be renamed... Is the the Bronco worth waiting for? All the delays, one after another, is like "Crying Wolf". I don't know what to believe?

Had a TJ, JK, JLR and loved all of them. Did I intentionally wait and consider a 2-door Bronco after selling my '19JLR? YES, I like trying new and different vehicles. I finally got to see and drive the new Bronco. I think it is nice and will sell well if Ford ever gets their shit together. Why am I not buying a Bronco today? A few reasons. Not being able to get one is the most obvious. Other reasons. Personally I do not care for the interior. I think they could have done much better with design and materials. I could live with the design though if the quality improves. News about more delays and defective tops is discouraging. Lastly, I want to wait for the initial QC issues to be worked out. I want to see reliable production from them.

Ford needs to show some serious improvements with QC and production. I am worried Ford's botched Bronco intro will trickle down to unavailable warranty parts. I mean how can they support them if they can't even build them? That possibility is a concern for me. I would need to see a HUGE improvement in Ford's roll out, production, QC before ordering one. Sucks because I really would not mind trying one.

In the mean time I will order a 2022 Wrangler whenever the order banks open. Yeah, I might need to wait a little longer than before with the parts shortages but at least I know the product has a few years of production behind it. Hopefully Jeep improves the Wrangler with each model year. Same with the Bronco.

Last edited:

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
As a fanboy you probably don’t see the impact all of that marketing has had on the market,
How am I fanboy if I drive a Wrangler? Must have missed the part where I said I'm a current Jeep Owner of a JL Rubicon and have also owned a TJ and JK. I focus on the Jeeps I drive, not marketing, anticipation or any of that jazz. That's all white noise and I only care about the end product. Even with its faults, for the fifth time, the Bronco has been universally praised thus far. The Bronco is a good machine and I'm a fan of it while not acting like the Wrangler or the Bronco are without their faults. Definite fan boys on this forum who dismiss problems with the Jeep that occurred at rollout and also turn away from why people are into the Bronco even if they aren't into it. As many fan boys on the Bronco forum who act like its the greatest thing since sliced bread. The rational viewpoints get lost in the shuffle of fan boy-ism's.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

From behind i have to look real hard to tell the difference. And the original Bronco did not have a centered spare and a vertical tailgate release in the right side.

It is clear they benchmarked the Wrangler as much or more than the original Bronco.

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
I'm in favor of waiting until the hype dies down, and ford has had time to work out the kinks. Say model year 3.
Sponsored