Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
In its latest video, TFL says Bronco is great but not worth the wait and the hassle with Ford dealers. Lease a Wrangler 4Xe or get a used FJ Cruiser instead.

Ford’s production issues are a big deal and seem to be getting worse. I am glad to see TFL say it as it is, albeit in a respectful manner. Too many youtubers seem scared to call out Ford and trigger its wrath.

Personally, I don’t think getting an FJ Cruiser is realistic for most Bronco reservation holders. The type of buyer Ford has targeted is not interested in a discontinued Toyota. And I doubt a Wrangler 4Xe is realistic, either; Ford has spent too much energy defining Bronco as the anti-Jeep for those buyers to switch over at this point. Perhaps a Land Rover Defender would be more realistic.

Nevertheless, it is a good watch.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
I have a bronco coming in, I reserved it the night it came out 13 months ago. 3 weeks ago I ordered a 392 wrangler and decided to flip the bronco. Ford really screwed this launch up. They had all the hype. Now on their forum I constantly see people chucking the deuce and getting a wrangler or something else.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I don't know what the big deal is. I could see from the moment they announced it there would be a substantial wait. I know someone who made a deposit day one. Quick research way back then revealed waiting and paying too much for a first year model was going to be a poor choice. My plan has always been to get the Wrangler, keep it for a few years and let the hype settle out on the Bronco. That rush to be first almost never works out well. The guy that put his Bronco deposit down also did the same on an early Gladiator, had to be first, paid way too much. Some people are just like that.

Sure has turned into a drama fest... NO WAY I would ever have considered an FJ, those are horrible cramped machines with only marginal off road prowess.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
One thing that struck me watching that video is that Bronco has done to Wrangler something no other automaker was able to do before: show its age.

One of the uniqueness of Wrangler over the years is that it always did its own thing, unconcerned by the prevailing fads and trends at any given time.

That Bronco now makes Wrangler’s electronics seem dated would have been considered a compliment years ago. The fact that it might be a point of differentiation for a number of shoppers today, speaks to how mainstream Wrangler has become.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I canceled my order before all this mess happened. Thankfully I didn't have a shady dealership. But I saw the hardtop being an issue a mile away, especially since there is no bracing to help to support the roof which acts as a secure point for attaching the roof.

LostSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future JLUR
Kind of bummer. I decided not to be a first year Bronco owner, but figured maybe 2nd or 3rd. Long time ford supporter, I should say. But I am now glad that I went a wee bit overboard on my JLUR order as it will certainly be in my ownership for probably at least 3 years now, instead of a max of 2 years..
For Ford it has to be frustrating, as the company that builds the hardtops has been building the Mustang convertible top for years..

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
One thing that struck me watching that video is that Bronco has done to Wrangler something no other automaker was able to do before: show its age.

One of the uniqueness of Wrangler over the years is that it always did its own thing, unconcerned by the prevailing fads and trends at any given time.

That Bronco now makes Wrangler’s electronics seem dated would have been considered a compliment years ago. The fact that it might be a point of differentiation for a number of shoppers today, speaks to how mainstream Wrangler has become.
I had a badlands sasquatch ordered but canceled after checking one out last week here in Southern Oregon. Extremely cheap interior compared to my 2019 JLUR. While all that tech might seem cool, it's just more electronic crap to fail. Especially if it's poor quality like my F150 and edge. Keep the electronic garbage for the pavement pounder commuter car. Sure I think Jeep is watching the bronco, and competition is great but they have nothing to worry about. Just look at the record jeep sales since the bronco was announced.

Sponsored

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
The 10 speed transmission is a nightmare. Thats why I am getting rid of my Raptor. My wife's expedition is having some issues with the transmission as well.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I have a bronco coming in, I reserved it the night it came out 13 months ago. 3 weeks ago I ordered a 392 wrangler and decided to flip the bronco. Ford really screwed this launch up. They had all the hype. Now on their forum I constantly see people chucking the deuce and getting a wrangler or something else.
Wise move. I’m on B6G as well. I’ve got a 392 XR on the way, ordered mid July. Think I’m gonna enjoy it a whole lot more than the Bronco too:rock:

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I've never owned a Ford vehicle, almost purchased a F-150 to tow my travel trailer, but went with the Ram. I might consider a new Bronco, but until I can go to a Ford dealer and check them out on the lot for sale and I can get a deal on one, I will pass on the Bronco. I have plans to order a new 2022 Willys, I see no reason to look for a Bronco in my future.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
The 10 speed transmission is a nightmare. Thats why I am getting rid of my Raptor. My wife's expedition is having some issues with the transmission as well.
I was considering a raptor at one point before Bronco or 392, what makes the 10spd so bad?

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
Lots of rough shifts. Mine got so bad it would make these metallic clanging sounds.. knew it wouldn't last too long. Search the F150 and Raptor forums.... its filled with transmission issues.

Edit.. it was co developed with GM.
Sponsored