Sponsored

TaintedSaint

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 392
No offense taken at all brother! This is my go to forum as well and have always enjoyed/valued the information and open exchanges found here. I'm 100% a Jeep enthusiast.

The point I made in the video was that it was great we have the new Bronco in the marketplace as it makes our Jeeps better via competition. Case in point, for years we were told by Jeep that a Hemi would not fit in a Wrangler, it wouldn't pass a head on collision test, etc.. Well, the Bronco becomes a reality and boom, we get the 392.

I'm not switching to the Bronco and I'm thrilled it's here to bring true competition and therefore improvement to the Wrangler. As Jeep enthusiasts, we can all look forward to that riight? That was ultimately the point of my video for those who did not actually view it.

-Steven
As a 392 owner and a person with a permanent smile on my face because of it I 2nd those thoughts lol. I very much appreciate the competition and the fruit born of it. Having just taken part in a 392 V Bronco Raptor race I can report 392 is still king lol. I very much enjoy the comparison and I'm pretty sure this forum is big enough to include some obviously still Jeep related content and info. If you don't like it just keep scrollin...
Sponsored

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
As a 392 owner and a person with a permanent smile on my face because of it I 2nd those thoughts lol. I very much appreciate the competition and the fruit born of it. Having just taken part in a 392 V Bronco Raptor race I can report 392 is still king lol. I very much enjoy the comparison and I'm pretty sure this forum is big enough to include some obviously still Jeep related content and info. If you don't like it just keep scrollin...
Well said brother! I appreciate your perspective on this. Competition will be good for the breed.

I think the 392 may well go down as one of the more desirable Jeep Wranglers as we march towards electric hybrids and full on Jeep EV's. Be well✌🏻

-Steven

Last edited:

4x4snowmachinejeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 4xe White
Occupation
Travel Industry
The fenders are a bad design and nothing the design team can do will change that base design ! sorry Ford Design Team Fail

except Raptor fenders- they meet my approval

Last edited:

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Any feedback for the rest of us?
My honest feedback: IFS vs. SFA will always be a debate, and I do agree that SFA is better in the rocks, but sheer capability of IFS in the rocks these days, plus how Ford chose to integrate technology into their solution, makes the Bronco a legit competitor to the Wrangler, and it will only be tougher competition once supply chain issues ease up and the aftermarket develops more for Broncos.

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I love my jeep. But. . . and it's just an opinion, but would not even consider switching camps. . .

I saw a hunter green 2 door with the 35's and the top off. He has all chrome badging and had old school chrome rims. I got to say I kinda dug it. It looked pretty good with the top off. none of that sagging wrinkled look going on obviously. the rims really looked good on it long with the chrome badges with that color.

we were in topsail, NC. holy cow there were a ton of them down there. A lot of 2 doors. they are deff way nicer. And I swore I saw one with an aftermarket top cause it was slanted in the rear and it was deff a tighter fit. Looked much better.

I saw a 1st edition today with its top off so I checked out the interior. cheap. I still think it looks cheap. I mean the jeep is no macclaren inside but still.

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
I’ve owned both as well. I love my Bronco but I do miss the Jeep. Fortunately my wife wants another Jeep down the road, but I plan to wait for the 3.0L TT hurricane to become available.

I did like the 2.0L Turbo in my Jeep, but it sounds like an old tractor. Ford’s 2.7L is much more refined and makes gobs of torque.

At some point write up a full comparison.

Sponsored

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara, 2005 Land Cruiser, 2008 4Runner Limited V6
I rented one on Nantucket Memorial Day weekend with my wife. It was an outer banks Sasquatch. We had fun driving, but made me miss my Jeep. I had a 2015 JKU then a 2021 JT Willy’s. I traded in the Willy’s for a Mazda cx30 and cx50. After that rental, it’s been dead set in my mind to get back in a Jeep, so I finally got a jlu this past weekend.

would I have gotten the bronco over the Jeep? No, the fit and finish isn’t there. Too much cheap plastic. In the future I would absolutely trade in my wife’s Mazda for one so we could have both a bronco and wrangler in the stable, but I love my Jeeps too much to pick a bronco first.

I will say though, the cabin of the bronco is much more inviting for my 6’4 235 pound frame. Still, my loyalty is with Jeep but to each their own!

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Objectively, I’d say Bronco has Jeep beat in several categories.
The ride quality and steering is better. 99% of us get nothing from the solid front axle but bad ride quality.
Mirrors on the body is a much better design for a removable door.
360 degree camera is awesome.
More cargo space.
Bigger infotainment screen
Better safety features
Hardtop for a Bronco is only a $700 option and comes with headliners. You can buy a $50k Jeep and still have a garbage bag for a top that you have to pay over $700 to get a “premium” top that Bronco’s come with for the base model.

Where Wrangler has it beat is more engine options (4xe, diesel)
Wrangler has a power top option.
Wrangler is lighter and narrower. This is a benefit for both trails and parking lots,

I personally think the Wrangler has a better interior and I think Uconnect is more visually appealing than Sync.

Unfortunately, I think Jeep’s good old days of printing money are over with the Bronco. You can get a lot more Bronco for a lot less money. The only reason Jeep is outselling the Bronco right now is because Ford can’t keep up with production. They shut down orders for new Broncos back in Feb so they can catch up with demand. Jeep meanwhile raises prices so often it’s now financially competitive with Land Rover.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I had the chance to go four wheeling with a new Bronco owner last Saturday. I noticed a new Bronco in the parking lot at work, and eventually he started parking next to my 392.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is the new Bronco good enough to make me want to switch? Bronco&392-1

It turns out that it belonged to a co-worker that worked just down the hall from me. I talked to him at lunch one day, and he knew I was the 392 owner. He asked if I knew any good trails to try out his Bronco on. This was his first real off-road vehicle, so I chose a reasonably easy trail, and invited him to go. Last Saturday we did the trail and had a good time. We both brought our wife's, and he brought 7- and 9-year-old daughters as well. I thought his Bronco was a Sassenach edition, but after actually looking at it, I saw that it was a Badlands edition. I don't know the difference. The Bronco did just fine that day, even with a new driver. The whole trail required 4-low, and sway bar disconnect, but no lockers. There were a couple of narrow steep off camber climbs that made his daughters scream, but nothing more difficult than that. There was a short rock crawling section, and I noted his front bumper came within an inch of scraping in one place. My 392 with the bumper end caps removed didn't even come close to scraping. I did get what appeared to be the only trail damage though, when my front tire drove over a big branch, that then broke and flipped up, hitting the hood cowling. What looked like a big scratch was really just a line of whitish tree sap, and after a car wash it is gone, so no real damage.

It looks like the new Broncos are going to be a welcome addition for people who prefer to own a Ford over a Jeep. I say live and let live, more competition will improve both brands.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The new Bronco is good enough if you just plan to cruise around Moab in town. I just spent a month in Moab wheeling. Saw thousands of Broncos in town. Did not see one on a trail rated higher than five. Saw them on the same trails that I saw Subarus on.

In Moab you can see Jeeps that you know dam well that they have been driven off road on tough trails for decades and are still going strong. At the end of the day Bronco will be like an S-10 blazer. Seven or eight years form now they will be a hooptie.

Zipzit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 4x4 Wannabee
I still have an order in for one and I was a fairly early reservation holder....
I ordered a Bronco Badlands Sasquatch in 11/20....
I’ll bite. I’m planning on getting a bronco later this year....
I had a reservation on the bronco, but they have a hell of a time building them....
I guess me too. The only reason I'm here is because I'm tired of waiting for my Bronco reservation. Instead I picked up a Jeep Unlimited High Tide with Extreme Recon 35" tires in the bright High Velocity color.

I've driven the Bronco. There are certainly some nice features there. (Lockers, stabar disconnect, big screen, cameras, nice electronic control features.)

And then there is the Wrangler. I really like the dashboard and cluster layout. Nice, real tachometer. Functional screen. I like having a real lever operated parking brake, right where I expect it to be. None of that push button stuff. I like having a normally aspirated 3.6L engine. I never trusted turbos for durability. Wife and I both love the bright color. Nothing like that offered on the Bronco.

Will I take the Bronco order? Dunno. Let's cross that bridge when we get to it.
Sponsored