Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Got plenty of 2-door options already 🤪

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the new Bronco good enough to make me want to switch? IMG_5020.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the new Bronco good enough to make me want to switch? IMG_5020.JPG

:LOL::LOL:
Must say, doesn't suck to be you! Nice group you've got there, and kinda drooling over that garage lift too! And a beautiful part of the country too, WINNING!

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Where did you post the secret decoder ring for your post?
Well-the jokes on me because I don’t get it. Edit-maybe I got it, L-head was a 134 cid. , 60 hp flathead used thru the CJ3A called “Go Devil”. F-head was a 134 cid., 72 hp intake in head, exhaust in block used in CJ3B and CJ5 thru 71 called “ Hurricane” . Hope I guessed right.

Last edited:

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
With all the reviews and editorials...biased and so-called unbiased... (thanks to all those that do all these reads and videos too) - my answer has remained the same. If I had to do it all over again would I opt for the Wrangler or the Bronco?

Wrangler.

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Honestly the most hype I've seen these days for the Bronco is on this forum. I see a few day to day but the aftermarket is still so young for them that they really don't stand out in stock form. I feel like Ford really missed the "latest and greatest" wave which is unfortunate. Hopefully it catches back on when the consumer can entertain their instant gratification purchases. Not having inventory and a poor track record of getting units out to reservation holders is the classic definition of shooting yourself in the foot. Take it a step further, gas prices are not driving potential buyers to purchase a purpose built off road vehicle if they don't need it.

Worst roll out ever. Almost as if the universe is saying NO! Some wounds self inflicted, most the rest just terrible terrible timing that could not have been forseen.

Sponsored

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
Do their door hinges bubble and melt?
On the Bronco, they don't bother painting the door hinges or door jamb for that matter. So, nothing to bubble except a little over spray. Looks very unfinished when the doors are off.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Well I test drive one and my honest opinion I'll keep my Rubicon not a fan of the Bronco. But if you decide to switch. remember don't wave at us Cool Jeepers.

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
On the Bronco, they don't bother painting the door hinges or door jamb for that matter. So, nothing to bubble except a little over spray. Looks very unfinished when the doors are off.
Here's my bronco with painted hinges and door jams....
Jeep Wrangler JL Is the new Bronco good enough to make me want to switch? 20220620_141255

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
Here's my bronco with painted hinges and door jams....
I had heard they started painting them after enough complaints. Not sure when they made the change. I guess if mine ever gets built, it'll have painted door jambs. Not holding my breath though.

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I had heard they started painting them after enough complaints. Not sure when they made the change. I guess if mine ever gets built, it'll have painted door jambs. Not holding my breath though.
I know we lucked out getting ours built when we did. But we also switched to soft top when Ford had those issues, and we got the high package, not lux (adaptive cruise and lane keep assist are more affected by the chip shortage apparently), and we opted out of the towing package. All things that we were told could delay production, so we swapped them out, and sure enough, ours was built and shipped January of this year.

Sponsored

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Well-the jokes on me because I don’t get it. Edit-maybe I got it, L-head was a 134 cid. , 60 hp flathead used thru the CJ3A called “Go Devil”. F-head was a 134 cid., 72 hp intake in head, exhaust in block used in CJ3B and CJ5 thru 71 called “ Hurricane” . Hope I guessed right.
That's what I needed! Not all of us are engine literati.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
In the couple dozen GM's I've owned over the years, I have yet to have an issue with paint but thanks for the heads up. My 2022 GM just got PPF and ceramic coated. Chances are good it will never even see a rain drop so the paint should stay in decent shape. Do you have a link related to your concern?
No link Pal, just real world experience with my 2021 Tahoe. Their complete lack of customer care floored me as I have had a Tahoe and Yukon previously that were AWESOME and never had paint or really any other issue besides wear and tear. Luckily with the chip shortage I was able to ditch it an another dealership and made about $1200. A coworker had the same paint frustration with his brand new Sierra, was told by his salesman that they have been dealing with several paint complaints....

Anyways, my wife's JLU has been flawless and the hinges too, it just rolled 33k.

Omarius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
I'll echo what other owners/drivers of the new Bronco have already said - they flat out drive better than the Jeep, period. It's undeniable based simply on suspension design, and that's not a bad thing or a bash in any way, it's just simple math. In my opinion, they are different tools for different jobs, and I'm very happy to have both options at my disposal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the new Bronco good enough to make me want to switch? 20220620_141255
I think the Bronco sport flat out drives better than the big bronco. We should all be buying those turds.

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Painted or not, the Bronco with the doors off looks like they were not meant to be off - almost as if they got kiped in Detroit.

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
No link Pal, just real world experience with my 2021 Tahoe. Their complete lack of customer care floored me as I have had a Tahoe and Yukon previously that were AWESOME and never had paint or really any other issue besides wear and tear. Luckily with the chip shortage I was able to ditch it an another dealership and made about $1200. A coworker had the same paint frustration with his brand new Sierra, was told by his salesman that they have been dealing with several paint complaints....

Anyways, my wife's JLU has been flawless and the hinges too, it just rolled 33k.
Sorry, I read your post as though this is a larger problem. Sounds more like a single issue though. Of the few different GM forums I follow regularly, paint isn't typically a subject. It is too bad they treated you poorly however, doesn't sound any better than many stories read here. I'm happy I was able to get mine fixed. I do worry how it will look in another couple years.
Sponsored