CharliePope35

CharliePope35

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S, 2018 Ford Mustang
I'm running a 2.5" of lift on 35's (Sport), i actually got a tad over 3" of lift with the kit (most kits advertised height are based on Rubicon and Sport will end up with more lift). I have enough articulation that I'm considering limit straps. A couple of times I have flexed my front axle enough to almost have a coil drop out. That being said, when I go to 37's I will upgrade my lift with 3.5" lift coil springs to get the same amount of flex with larger tires. I wouldn't go over 35's with stock Sport axles and driveshafts though, luckily I already have a plan for that as well.
Good advice, thanks boss
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks much. I have someone who would hook me up with Rubi take off axels, so that isn’t a huge concern. I’d be more focused and the regearing since I have 0 experience in that.
If you have the automatic, it handles the bigger tires better than the manual transmission. It’ll search for eighth gear, probably hardly ever see it, but imho I’d try it to see how it does, certainly don’t have to re gear right away. Not gonna hurt anything driving without 8 th gear except maybe your gas card, lol.....:)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the automatic, it handles the bigger tires better than the manual transmission. It’ll search for eighth gear, probably hardly ever see it, but imho I’d try it to see how it does, certainly don’t have to re gear right away. Not gonna hurt anything driving without 8 th gear except maybe your gas card, lol.....:)
40" tires might put any of us into the single digit fuel economy range. lol
Sponsored