Sponsored

How deep is too deep to water ford with factory air intake?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey Punkn
2 things...
1) I notice you've got the RR snorkel.... How are finding that? Any issues with buckling/leaks around the hose clamps? I have seen high-intakes get snapped off the low-intake mount.. Review/thoughts? I love the concept just concerned about execution!
2) How have you got your ARB compressor mounted??? (That looks like the single) I'm looking at the twin-air in the under seat config, but if I can keep it out the cab, that's gotta be better...

Cheers
I have the RR intake also. It buckled within 2 week of owning it. I got the 3d Printed pieces and put them in, much better solution. I also reached out to RR and they said they're coming up with a newer design apparently, better material. They also said not to have the clamp screws on top of the tube.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rugged-ridge-jl-jt-snorkel-kit-installed.40431/page-9

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020, 2.2L diesel
I have my JL Sahara lifted 3.5".

But I am curious - some of the forest roads I was on yesterday had puddles like I've never seen in my life - the water was up almost to about the bottom of the Jeep.

Every weekend I'm encountering situation like this with rivers overflowing onto forest roads etc.

Then add to that that sometimes I'll go through water that's deep at a decent clip and it's like a tsunami...

I've been looking at the Rugged Ridge Amfib - mounting just up on the cowl, not the snorkel...

But - what sort of water would you routinely need to drive throughto make you think about changing your air intake?

Look at this image. Inside the red is the air intake.

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 08.45.18.jpg

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I call BS. I do not see a crank case breather hose high enough for you to have driven out of that:). (Cause that is the only mode you need to drive through that. -completely joking for those who dont know)

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020, 2.2L diesel
What intake is that? The airbox intake is up much higher than that.
This is called "Cold air intake". You get air into that plastic shroud. I apologize for not looking good enough into this before posting. I removed the piece of the airbox with the upper intake shroud before posting and was looking only at the lower shroud. Ys sorry for that , It looks like there are 2 air intakes on the airbox. the upper one and this lower one " the cold air intake. It mean that if you spend any amount of time in water deeper then the Cold air intake you will get a lot of water into your airbox and probably from there into the engine. So after looking at this I would at least block the cold air intake before watercrossing, better though to have a full working Snorkel system.
Sponsored