I have a decision to make.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I'd keep the 2 Dr... my only hesitation is the rarity of the V8... but you know your finances.

In my own situation, when I bought mine, all I could afford was a JLU Sport... I probably could have afforded the Sport S to get the power windows and locks, but that would have been another $4k and pushed me over $40k...

I've worked in the design industry where everything is about looks, so I've driven several loaded cars... It happened by accident, but I really like the simplicity of mine. Even if I could afford a $60K Wrangler, I'd probably order it the same way again. The base is plenty quick, and I can drive over stuff, and the top and doors come off... what else do I really need?

If YOU want the V8, get the V8, but if you don't care, enjoy what you have.
Sponsored

SWISTAK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Wrangler, 2006 Wrangler (deceased), 2023 Wran
I have 2023 2 door Rubicon which I truly enjoy. And now am faced with the prospect of trading it on the 2023 XR 392 Reign Rubicon which is waiting for me at the dealer. 30k to boot with trade. 2 door is paid for. I really do not want to take funds from the market as they are -30% in the last year. Loan would be 33k at 5.49% for 72 months, which is not an issue. FOMO has me thinking to buy the 392. Practicality and financial common sense does not allow both in the garage. So I ponder. The 2 door is just plain fun to drive. But the 392 calls my name as it maybe the last of a breed. What says the collective???
20221020_135015.jpg
At one time I had three, right now sitting at two, but in the coming months it will be down to one.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Keep the 2dr. The 392 is a different kind of fun but is certainly bigger/more clumsy in Summer mode, top off, etc.

Now if the 392 came in a 2dr….

OP
OP

Grayone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TRX, 392 Rubicon (sold), 2 door Rubicon
A 2 door 392 would make this a no brainer. 2 doors do have an appeal that a 4 door can't match...no matter the motor or the practicality.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Grayone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frankly, the money is a secondary concern. It boils down to the 2 door vs a 4 door with a great motor. At 74, I fully realize money can't buy happiness, but also realize I have a finite time to do dumb shit stuff...like buying a 392 jeep...or ride around in a fun as hell 2 door!

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
My dad used to tell me, “Park what you want in the garage.” As a result, I’ve owned, I think 36 motorcycles… not sure as the number keeps changing. 😂

Anyway, if the 392 is pulling on your heart, get it. I’d love to have a big nasty V8 but Id rather have a 2 dr so Im keeping my 21 Rubi. Plus, I really enjoy the turbo.

It feels really good to finally have a vehicle that I have zero interest in getting rid of. If the 392 will do that for you I say get it.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
Sounds like you're looking for people to make you feel better about spending money. As others have said, you only go around once. Do what makes you happy. I'm a bit of a 'buy my way to happiness' kind of guy. It doesn't seem to work. But, I'm learning at 66 years old. Best of luck with your addiction/affliction. I've begun to realize that doing things is more rewarding than buying things.

BTW, my brother (long time jeeper) and I were just discussing getting a 2 door JL in light of me having a 4 door. A 2 door JL would make so much more sense on the rock crawling trail.
I've begun to realize that doing things is more rewarding than buying things. What that guy said spot on! The things you own, end up owning you... On your death bed you'll recall the memories of time shared with loved ones, if you are thinking about your V8 wrangler at that time, you did life wrong...But if I was really rich yeah I'd have 2 392's!

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
There is no way I would trade my 2-door Ruby for any 4-door JL...Just my 2 cents. When the time comes to replace my Ruby 2-door, it will either be with another 2-door Jeep or a 2-door Bronco...
I have to admit Ford offering a 2-door Bronco Outer Banks factory equipped with a 2.7 turbo V6, 4.70 gears, 35" tires, Sasquatch package, Luxury package including B&O audio, cloth seats, roof rack plus a few additional options for $57K MSRP is enticing!
*Just priced out one with a friend but he was told order banks temporally closed but expected to reopen by spring.

Jeep better step up their game with the 2-door by the time I get the itch for a new one!

Looks as though you also have a TRX , they are a hoot to drive and you can easily add another 150-200HP to that beast! Box stock, my 22' TRX pulled a 12.83 quarter!
IMHO you now have the best of both worlds...Of course I may be a bit biased;)

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Frankly, the money is a secondary concern. It boils down to the 2 door vs a 4 door with a great motor. At 74, I fully realize money can't buy happiness, but also realize I have a finite time to do dumb shit stuff...like buying a 392 jeep...or ride around in a fun as hell 2 door!
If you're 74... buy the damn thing!!! If you don't spend the money, your kids will!

My parents are 71 & 72... I'd rather see that silly grin on my dad's face than have an extra $50k of inheritance (which I don't get until they're gone, and I want them here for a very long time)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Grayone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No kids, unless you count my 2 German Shepherds! Again, money is not the deciding factor, it is the 2 door vs 4 door, FOMO if 392 is discontinued, and the knowledge the 2 door would be a daily, while 392 would be more of a garage queen.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
74! Get on with it! (as long as it doesn't rock the boat too hard at home) We're all looking for that next brass ring.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Keep the 2 door. I just don't get the 392 in a Jeep thing. It's a Jeep, not a muscle car.

This coming from someone that dropped a 502 crate motor into their 67 Chevy Camaro. Damn, was that a fun car.
Sponsored