First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
As an owner of both, it comes down to personal preference, with the exception of one instance. In the rocks. And I mean obstacles rated 8 or higher on most off road sites. Wrangler will start to do better at that point. Up to that point, one will get you there just as easily as the other.

Jeep has a more established community, but bronco owners are doing a good job of creating one for their rigs. I actually enjoy wheeling with the local bronco club over the local jeep clubs, I just fit in better with that particular group of people. And they let me bring my jeep on their trail rides... the jeep clubs would hate me bringing the bronco.

In the end, I agree with people who say you should keep it for a month to see which you like better. Sell the one you decide you don't want, for a profit. And don't be concerned about recalls... it's to be expected on a new vehicle, that's what warranties are for.
Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yep, and Ford wanted to make sure the world knew who was building the Willys, so they kept trying to put a Ford logo on it. The government keep saying no, until Ford was able to hide it well enough... stamped in the bolt heads lol
Well, HF wasn't known for his modesty. LOL

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Willys Overland and Ford Motor Company actually went to federal court over the rights of ownership of the MB/GPW. The judge obviously ruled in favor of Willys. That WIllys Overland ownership would be short lived though as Kaiser bought them out less than 10 years after WWII ended.

Ford however, did go on to produce CJs in South America. Not only is it amazing how many companies have actually owned the Jeep Corporation, it’s amazing how many more were produced under license by different companies all over the world.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I placed a reservation for a new Badlands Sasquatch Bronco 2 days after they announced 3 years ago. later when I placed the order I included all the options, lux, tow, hardtop, V6, the works. Ford tried several times to get me to compromise on options to speed up my delivery but I held out for the whole package.

I got tried of waiting and ended up replacing my ‘08 JKUL Rubicon last December with a ’21 Rubicon Extreme Rubicon. I really like this Jeep.

Now I just got a letter from Ford and my Bronco will be delivered to the dealership by the end of the month.

it’s probably not practical that I own both…… tough decision.

over the course of my life I’ve owned CJ5, CJ7, JKUL, JLUL, a ’76 Bronco, and a ‘66 Bronco and I’ve loved them all…..
Shoulda kept the 76 Bronco, prolly worth more than the new one!
And it's the REAL sasquatch!
G'luck w/ your decision, could be a money maker if you play your cards right :)

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ford would have killed the Jeep at the end of the war if it had owned it.

The reason Willys/Kaiser/AMC kept producing it is because they had little else to sell.
yup. One trick pony.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I placed a reservation for a new Badlands Sasquatch Bronco 2 days after they announced 3 years ago. later when I placed the order I included all the options, lux, tow, hardtop, V6, the works. Ford tried several times to get me to compromise on options to speed up my delivery but I held out for the whole package.

I got tried of waiting and ended up replacing my ‘08 JKUL Rubicon last December with a ’21 Rubicon Extreme Rubicon. I really like this Jeep.

Now I just got a letter from Ford and my Bronco will be delivered to the dealership by the end of the month.

over the course of my life I’ve owned CJ5, CJ7, JKUL, JLUL, a ’76 Bronco, and a ‘66 Bronco and I’ve loved them all…..
I like the Bronco, looks and options and would likely add one to my stable if I did not already have more vehicles than people to drive them.

This begs the question of what is your objective? Are you an off-roader? Rocks, mud, overland, Sonic Drive-In?

Here is the deal: Jeep and especially the Rubicon performance envelope is WAY WAY outside the average Jeeper. IOW there is far more capability in the Jeep OEM platform than there is the ability of the average driver to drive it.

Remember WHY do they call it a Rubicon? Because it sounded cool to name after a trail? NO, it's because the build objective was to drive the Rubicon Trail in 100% OEM stock with a Jeep, hence that it became the Rubicon.

Is the Bronco a Jeep? No, and no, big, too bulky, to wide to long, lacks the 'nimbleness' of a Jeep, it's good, but its not a Jeep. GRANTED for the average guy it's more than enough.

Ask yourself what do I want to do with it? EITHER choice will be a good one if it satisfies your objective of more than a daily driver on some stretch of asphalt.

In my case, Jeep to me has been just a 3rd wheel, yet it the one that takes me to work every day in Dallas, NYC, Boston, Miami, Houston, Seattle and more traffic. WHY? Nothing like being on the Loop around Wash DC I 95, dropping it in low, hard right, and UP the side of the canyons in various cities, tired of sitting there. Nothing better in traffic than a SWB Jeep!

GO for it I think you will make the right choice.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I really can't see how it is a hard decision. A company made a promise and then broke it multiple times, why would you continue to keep doing business with them? And the product they are delivering is infested with issues. The Wrangler is far from perfect, but the experience has to have been much more reliable for you this far I'm sure. Stop giving shitty people your money.
I agree mostly with this... but I would do some research on flipping the Bronco to see if it's worth your time.

OP
OP

Omotose

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Extreme Recon
Lobbs is right, I guess it was only two years ago. Feels like 3. I’m sticking with the Jeep, but if Ford sticks to their commitment my price should be no more than 59k.. That should give some margin to work with… I guess we’ll see how this plays out.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Lobbs is right, I guess it was only two years ago. Feels like 3. I’m sticking with the Jeep, but if Ford sticks to their commitment my price should be no more than 59k.. That should give some margin to work with… I guess we’ll see how this plays out.
Good luck w/that price, if they indeed honor it that would make for an easy decision vs. what most Bronco deals have been, hope they come through for you.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer

Just went thru this on C8 Z06 Vs Jeep Rubicon. Driving 'vetts since 64 and Jeeps since 65 had many down the road and wife said take your pick and it most likely my last car, so I went Jeep.. I am a Ford (TRUCK) guy, for sure. My wife looked at the Bronco and she liked it a LOT, but not more than her Gladiator. Give it some thought and if you are at the age that there are more rigs in your buying life, take the one you like now and get the next one a _______ fill in the blank

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
So update…… Brought the Bronco home tonight and I’m keeping the Jeep. Traded the wife’s Cherokee for the Bronco….
Not tryin to be nosy, but since this is one of the biggest beefs with Ford these days...did they stick to the 59K price? If not, I'm not asking how much, just wanna know if they have any ethics at all.

Gripster

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2D
So update…… Brought the Bronco home tonight and I’m keeping the Jeep. Traded the wife’s Cherokee for the Bronco….
Cool. I was reading along and getting excited to hear which way you went. Post back on your Bronco feedback. I think they look awesome and happy Ford brought it back.
Sponsored