JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Heh Heh, evidentally you've invented a NEW "DESCRIPTION" for "HARD CORE"-

Usually associated with the degree of hardship/danger/challenge your off-roading experiences are-

GOOD LUCK-

JIMBO
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I almost never lock my doors.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
This is a poll only for those who made a conscious choice not to get the proximity entry on their JL--because a real Jeeper wouldn't get that feature--but do have keyless entry via their key fob. (This isn't for those who didn't get the option for other reasons, such as cost, etc.)

====================================
UPDATE:
Just to clarify... I may not have made it clear above.
I'm not saying that people who get the proximity entry feature are not real Jeepers. Quite the opposite, actually. I WANT the proximity entry feature.
This poll is for those people who think that feature is not for real Jeepers.
How you get in and out of your Rig or how you lock it up has nothing to do with you being a real Jeep Freak !

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Where do you live (just wondering is all..)
I live in Chapel Hill, NC. But I also usually don't keep anything in my Jeep. I have a soft top and it is usually down, so what's the point of locking it. If I do have things in the Jeep then I do feel like it is generally not going to get stolen where I live.

I also keep it in a garage at home and a parking deck at work.

If I have to leave my laptop in the Jeep I put it in the rear storage and lock it with the fob, but that is the only time I lock it.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I've had my JL (with manual locks) for about a month now and have yet to lock anything. However, I am installing the Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure when the sun comes up this morning.

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
I live in Chapel Hill, NC.
I was being facetious, but on a serious note appreciate the response (smile).
I come from a small town but now live in LA and lived in central London for 10 years - I wouldn't dream of not locking doors (smile).

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I was being facetious, but on a serious note appreciate the response (smile).
I come from a small town but now live in LA and lived in central London for 10 years - I wouldn't dream of not locking doors (smile).
I understand living in a big city. I lived in Atlanta parking. Soft top YJ on the street. That’s when i learned not to lock the doors so it would t get damaged when it was rummaged through.

But in general i think people are too cautious locking their doors and too often keep valuables in their car for no reason. I’ve just conditioned myself not to.

Sponsored

keviper

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Winter Edition
I understand living in a big city. I lived in Atlanta parking. Soft top YJ on the street. That’s when i learned not to lock the doors so it would t get damaged when it was rummaged through.

But in general i think people are too cautious locking their doors and too often keep valuables in their car for no reason. I’ve just conditioned myself not to.
Agree 100%. My soft top Jeeps are never (or very rarely) ever locked. Don't want someone cutting my soft top so they can find nothing inside my Jeep.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
Wish mine had proximity, would spec it if I had ordered.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Extremely biased poll by the wording of it. I intentionally did not get the proximity entry (paying $51k for my Jeep, an extra $400 is nothing) and don't want it. So I don't do anything "begrudgingly". I wear my key dangling from a D ring in my pants, I don't even have to look to press the button, I know exactly where the remote rides and just press it through the pants pocket. Takes like .5 seconds to do and it's 1 less thing to break.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I love this JLUR. I must admit I am not really into all the "extra electronics" but having for a month or so I am getting familiar with most of it. Turning off the start stop is second nature now and even getting used to the whole FOB thing. Really dig the 8.5 system with the various selections for off road and so on. I do wonder what will happen when or if electronic glitches begin to happen, hopefully not. Proximity is the only thing I didn't get on it but I could see how that would be handy.

None of the higher tech stuff will stop it from doing anything our 13 or 15 JKs can do and some of the axle, suspension, and transmission improvements make it even better than they are. Seats are better for off road, the shift throws are better. After some lift and some taller rubber, it will be better than what either JKs are capable of. "Hardcore" I would leave that description for Ultra 4 and other style buggies. Cant drive them to work everyday, or drive halfway across the country under there own power to Run Alpine Loop, Blackbear, and then drive 4 hrs West to run Hell's Revenge. My 2 cents anyway