• Total voters

jeepskate

First Name
L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Speed 6
This is a poll only for those who made a conscious choice not to get the proximity entry on their JL--because a real Jeeper wouldn't get that feature--but do have keyless entry via their key fob. (This isn't for those who didn't get the option for other reasons, such as cost, etc.)

====================================
UPDATE:
Just to clarify... I may not have made it clear above.
I'm not saying that people who get the proximity entry feature are not real Jeepers. Quite the opposite, actually. I WANT the proximity entry feature.
This poll is for those people who think that feature is not for real Jeepers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I (will) happily press the remote, or happily use the proximity feature. Unless its a normal day and the top is off, then I dont lock at all, if the doors are on (like a real jeeper ).
So glad jeep finally has these features, I have been patiently waiting for them. Well now I'm impatient, I just want my jeep.
I AM A REAL JEEPER. This is my 6th one. I just like not being stuck in the key ages. Nothing wrong with convenience and technology.
People keep complaining bc "oh no, wheres that old metal key" and then turn around and want the new techno "off road pages". So which is it? Old or new. Geez.
Not a real jeeper bc I like fob and proximity feature. Bet you dont even jeep wave.
Glad this poll isn't for me. Im just not bahhumbug enough. Im in the happy lovin life real jeeper club I guess.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Do we really need this?

Get what you want. Who cares what some stranger on the internet thinks.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Stranger, appropriate, but we are all connected by our love of jeeps... if he really is a real jeeper...haha.

And you are correct, this is one of the threads that are unecessary.... many of those have been popping up lately. Glad I found this forum tho. I usually was just an in person jeep talker.

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
I concur, the "real Jeeper" thing is a bit of a put-off to those of us new to the crowd. I have purchased the first Jeep in my life, and I have clearly violated some unspoken rule by selecting options that involve electronics.

Should I cancel my order and see if I can't get a Rubicon somehow with manual windows and locks, halogen headlights (because those new-fangled LEDs man I tell you) and no A/C? Or should I take a Sport model, rip it apart and replace the axles (like a "real Jeeper" would) and put some 40" tires and a 4" lift on it so my daily driver / bushwhacker can really stomp those puddles? Or do "real Jeepers" only ever drive off-road, and it's verboten to ever let those tires touch pavement?

I know these threads are all in good fun (same as my comments above) but they really do come across a bit snippy. Some people like proximity locks, some people like LED headlights, and some people like power windows and A/C.

I guess that's why they're called..... "options"

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I stick my keys in my pocket. I leave my house, touch a button and the house door locks. I touch my door handle and get in my cars and push a button and the car starts. I forget I have keys until I wash my pants. It's awful. :sun:

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Why does the title have zero in common with the poll?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Put the key in the door, as the door in my JL will be without electronics.

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I'm so hardcore I dropped the hyphen option.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Depends on how much Knob Creek I've ingested.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Its great when i get a notification of action on a thread and then i scroll thru it and read my own posts which i dont even recall posting.... thx coors light. I blame you.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Its great when i get a notification of action on a thread and then i scroll thru it and read my own posts which i dont even recall posting.... thx coors light. I blame you.
There have been times I have actually gone back and deleted, "WHAT the heck was I thinkin" or not!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
This is a sore subject for me.

In my opinion, having to dig the key out of your pocket (or purse if you're a lady) to unlock the doors makes the push button start a moot point and worthless combination of features. Either give us the same "keyless enter-n-go" system that all the other FCA vehicles get, or don't give us anything at all. And for the love of God, please update your window stickers to change "keyless enter-n-go" to "keyless entry" so that other shoppers won't be confused like I was. Are you listening Jeep?

If I'm going to have to get my keys in my hand to get into the vehicle, I may as well go ahead and use them to start the Jeep also.
Sponsored