High Tide vs Willys XR

SStangler

First Name
Shana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU
Can anyone tell me the differences between a High Tide and Willys XR? On the Willys the black hard top will be +$1895. Is there any difference other than that, assuming all other packages are the same? Suspension, rock rails, anything?
Sponsored

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
HT you are paying for color matched hard top, so if you want black or soft top go Willys. HT is standard 3.6 with e-torque. That has a usual price of 4250. With Willy’s you can get the 2.0t for the price of 2k. You can build a cheaper Willy’s depending on what options you want.

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
I compared the two, but the color matched hardtop won. Black is just too hot.

OP
OP

SStangler

First Name
Shana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU
HT you are paying for color matched hard top, so if you want black or soft top go Willys. HT is standard 3.6 with e-torque. That has a usual price of 4250. With Willy’s you can get the 2.0t for the price of 2k. You can build a cheaper Willy’s depending on what options you want.
Thank you. I was looking at the 3.6 eTorque anyway so didn't consider this. The High Tides seem to be more heavily discounted in my area so just trying to understand that.

Sponsored

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
Thank you. I was looking at the 3.6 eTorque anyway so didn't consider this. The High Tides seem to be more heavily discounted in my area so just trying to understand that.
Oddly, I wanted a high tide and the dealership wanted a 10k markup on the high tide. So, I went for the Willy's Sport at MSRP.

Technically, the High Tide offers more for the money. I would personally get the High Tide, but I prefer the 2.0T over the 3.5 E Torque.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
All 2022 High Tide models also came standard with the SunRider tops and the LED headlights and LED fog lights and tail lights. Also they had the rock rails and gorilla glass. Probably the same on the 2023’s…

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
All 2022 High Tide models also came standard with the SunRider tops and the LED headlights and LED fog lights and tail lights. Also they had the rock rails and gorilla glass. Probably the same on the 2023’s…

When you get the Sunrider for Hardtop, do you also get the Freedom panels?

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

When you get the Sunrider for Hardtop, do you also get the Freedom panels?
Most likely it ships with the freedom panels installed and the Sunrider in a box (similar to the dual-top and/or half-doors). However, I would swap - the freedom panels pack much more compact than the Sunrider.

If you go Willys, you should absolutely 100% budget in to buy a Sunrider anyways. Hands-down my favorite mod on my Jeep.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Yes, when I had the Hardtop, the Sunrider was the well worth it.

I would shop around for the Sunrider though, it would probably be able to get it cheaper, than buying it as an option.