Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
so if you got the willys with the 456 axel 35s and the 272 ? T case what would you crawl ratio be?
I am not saying 456s and 272 is better than then 4:1 tcase or the same. I am saying it is enough for most people.
Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I would go with a Willys XR for $52,230 over a base Rubicon for $53,540 all day.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The mil spec hummer can air down and air back up while sitting inside the cab. Which sounds like a sissy feature until you realize when people are shooting at you stopping to adjust tire pressure is a career limiting move.
Airing up or down has never been critical enough to do it in a fire fight. Their tires are run flats as bullets have a way of poking holes in tires too. The things also way 10k+ lbs so adding weight and complexity aren't much of a penalty there.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Just curious as to what it might be 456 with. 410. Pretty dang low. 410 and 410 pretty dang low. Curious as to where 456 and. 272 fits

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
If you are already on the mud and didn't disconnect before, you are doing it wrong.
When you are done at the end of the trail is what I am talking about. Nothing like an end of the day ride home covered with mud from your disconnect touching your steering wheel touch screen window controls and walking in the bar for the end of trail beer leaving tracks all over. I do jest though🤣

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I would go with a Willys XR for $52,230 over a base Rubicon for $53,540 all day.
But Rubicon with XR package is "only" $55,285. I'll spend the extra $3k for power windows and locks alone when you're talking a $50k+ 4 door vehicle. That also gets you the upgraded 8.4" with subwoofer, much better than the base radio in the Willy's. With prices as high as they are, saving a weekends worth of OT pay to not have lockers, sway disco, better crawl ratio, on top of those convience features just seems dumb to me.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
When you are done at the end of the trail is what I am talking about. Nothing like an end of the day ride home covered with mud from your disconnect touching your steering wheel touch screen window controls and walking in the bar for the end of trail beer leaving tracks all over. I do jest though🤣
fair enough. I do come back home pretty dirty after wheeling trips lol. Quick discos are also full of grease. It is definitely pretty fancy to disconnect without having to get out of the jeep.

marktgorman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
One more difference that has been left out. Rubi 3.6 XR is 6100 lbs GVWR. I don't remember what the Willys XR's is but it is under 6000. If you own your own business, the Rubi can actually come out cheaper once you figure in the 179 deduction.
I did not realize the Rubicon weighed that much. Would you mind sharing where you found this? I need to get this to my accountant.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
I did not realize the Rubicon weighed that much. Would you mind sharing where you found this? I need to get this to my accountant.
GVWR and curb weight are two different things.....