First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I`m not sure what this owner has used but at the Jeep invasion there was a company that sold door hinge covers in different colors. Be careful if you decide to get the hinge steps instead of the covers, they are not all made the same
Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I have hinge steps now (Atlas). I like them. Everyone stops to ask me what they are. lol.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I have hinge steps now (Atlas). I like them. Everyone stops to ask me what they are. lol.
I will check them out, from what I have seen some companies include conical seat spacers to be used since the original bolts are a conical seat

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I like your black hinges. Did you do that to combat corrosion issues or just for looks?
Thanks! I did it mostly to combat the rocks that smash the hinges and chip off the paint. Slapped these on after I had some chip peeled off on the front edge of the hinges. Also for looks as I’m going for the red with black accents.

These will do nothing to prevent the corrosion issue since that is a totally internal phenomenon which starts under the hinges because of the unpainted steel hinge making contact with the unpainted aluminum door without any gaskets to separate them.
Sponsored