Sponsored

JK Rubi vs JL Rubi cost

What do you think about the JL redesign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I compared the prices on these vehicles too try too compare apples too apples. I totally loaded a JK Rubi and a JL Rubi. I deleted the things on the JL that you could not get on JK(Proximity keyless entry, Trail Rail, active safety group) but if it was part of a package with something that you could get on JK I included it(Cold weather package came with heated steering wheel that you cannot get on JK). I did not include the upgraded wheels for a couple reasons. 1. Most people change them anyway(at least all the Jeepers I wheel with) 2. That is a personal preference on the look. 3. They don't add anything mechanically (not beadlocks). I built them both on Jeep.com on the build and price. The JK came out too $54,680 and the JL was $55,030.It was alot closer than I thought it would be and the JL has ALOT of upgraded items and had alot more available equipment. I love the JL and I also love the JK. Jeep did a fantastic job redesigning the Wrangler. Better than I expected but I didn't think they was going too ruin it like alot people talked about(IFS, non-removable doors, etc etc)
Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Honestly, with the way I have mine optioned the Recon is an even better comparison, while the are both “pricey” the difference is essentially null, and that is with the JL being better equipped as items on there aren’t available on the JK.