First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I need to buy a new first aid kit just remembered that lol

I have like (0) recovery gear haha

You know, I’m actually surprised I didn’t see anyone running a Rubisack / Trailbag at our trail run. I run one personally.
I picked up a Tow line, a Snatch line, some shackles and a couple bottle jacks(and a couple different blocks of wood for a base). I also got a HI-Lift but haven't figured out where i want to mount it. Installing the winch this weekend. I also picked up a tow hitch that has a 10" diagonal drop. used for low profile trailers. I will mount it upside down so that it will protect my spare tire mount and tailgate if I exceed departure angles, That's definitely gonna happen in Moab on Finns and Things. Oh! Did I tell you how much I love Bottle Jacks?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up a Tow line, a Snatch line, some shackles and a couple bottle jacks(and a couple different blocks of wood for a base). I also got a HI-Lift but haven't figured out where i want to mount it. Installing the winch this weekend. I also picked up a tow hitch that has a 10" diagonal drop. used for low profile trailers. I will mount it upside down so that it will protect my spare tire mount and tailgate if I exceed departure angles, That's definitely gonna happen in Moab on Finns and Things. Oh! Did I tell you how much I love Bottle Jacks?
Keep going you’re saving me money. Like a friend with a boat LOL

Sponsored

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
Okay guys, so I decided to buy and install the Rugged Ridge Arcus front bumper. I researched the seemingly endless options out there, and created a short list. My criteria was this:

*Under $600
*Stubby
*Not too heavy
*Looks good without a winch

I might end up installing a winch eventually, but I'd like to hold off for a while. I intend to fab a cover for the winch void and fairlead opening. The tow hooks are extremely beefy. I'll post pics when I'm done installing..

IMG_20200116_195938.jpg

IMG_20200116_201249.jpg
I can't wait to see that installed!

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...I have like (0) recovery gear haha.
All I have is a tow strap, snatch strap, shackles and some generic maxtrax.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
A gift from the wife......:).....

71736F78-7C30-4339-A17F-A8665026E920.jpeg
D14DEB61-BB1B-4F98-BFFD-19D72286CA4E.jpeg
That's pretty cool and I don't even know what they are! Where do they go?

Sponsored

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Well, I was just gonna get 'started' on installing the new RR Arcus front bumper, but ended up sticking to it until I had it pretty much done. I still need to reinstall that little tin OEM skid (..think I might do something different to replace that), and hook up the fog lights wiring harness, but I want to wait until I figure out what I'm gonna do regarding the big void where a winch would (will?) go. I have a rough plan for it, and I'm waiting on a piece of black ABS Plastic sheeting to show up on Monday. I also ordered a USA flag plate to cover the fairlead opening.

Cool matching tow hooks, yes?!..:)

IMG_20200118_074527.jpg

IMG_20200118_074713.jpg

IMG_20200118_074600.jpg

Roughly 50-60 percent of the time was spent removing and dismantling the OEM bumper. The fog lights wiring harness gets recycled, and it's buried in the bowels of the old bumper. After dismantling it and harvesting the harness, I reassembled it and prepped it for storage

Last edited:

OrlandoJL

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Well, I was just gonna get 'started' on installing the new RR Arcus front bumper, but ended up sticking to it until I had it pretty much done. I still need to reinstall that little tin OEM skid (..think I might do something different to replace that), and hook up the fog lights wiring harness, but I want to wait until I figure out what I'm gonna do regarding the big void where a winch would (will?) go. I have a rough plan for it, and I'm waiting on a piece of black ABS Plastic sheeting to show up on Monday. I also ordered a USA flag plate to cover the fairlead opening.

Cool matching tow hooks, yes?!..:)

IMG_20200118_074527.jpg

IMG_20200118_074713.jpg

IMG_20200118_074600.jpg

Roughly 50-60 percent of the time was spent removing and dismantling the OEM bumper. The fog lights wiring harness gets recycled, and it's buried in the bowels of the old bumper. After dismantling it and harvesting the harness, I reassembled it and prepped it for storage
looks good Ran!
Sponsored