First trail casualty

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
We are close to 250,000 miles on the Jeeps that I wheel with that have Cooper STT PRO tires. We wheel all over the US in all types of terrain. Zero flats, zero balancing issues, zero weird wear. they might not be the quietest tire but we have had good luck with them. I took off my first set with 54,000 miles on them and was still able to sell them for $450. I think I could have easily gone past 60,000 miles on them.
Cooper STT Pros are phenomenal tires, I concur! I preferred them to Nitto Terra Grapplers (which weren't terrible also).
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I’ll be alright, I’ve got the factory 35s I could mount one up for emergencies. I’m just putting feelers out to see if anyone comes across one by chance.
I've got something up here in Colorado if you can figure out logistics.

Lee

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Blew the sidewall out over the weekend in the Ouachita National Forest. Can’t blame the tire, it’s all sharp rock through that area and this is my first Jeep flat I’ve had up there. I was rolling single digit pressures that allowed me to greatly pick up the pace over previous years. Unfortunately faster speeds are probably what lead to the tear in the sidewall.

Good news is the jack/spacer that come with the Xtreme Recon worked great for 37s.

Bad news, I can’t find a 37x12.5r17 Yokohama G003 MT to replace my trashed tire, I can’t even get an ETA from my local @Discount Tire (it should be noted that they’re great to work with, this is just supply chain BS). Apparently they’re on national backorder. If anyone happens to come across one I’d be stoked to get another one coming so I’m not stuck wheeling without a spare.

9844C327-0442-4F45-AD35-CC3893346C65.jpeg

1F1D0BF8-E3CE-4AC9-85A4-1B90A76F0D92.jpeg
Throw a couple of plugs in it and keep it as a spare

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Throw a couple of plugs in it and keep it as a spare
I was riding ATVs in the mountains of West Virginia years ago an my son got a flat. He ripped the sidewall. It took 12 tire plugs to get it to stop leaking. He rode it that way for the following 4 days.
Sponsored