Beadlocks

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
With the recon package on the new rubi, there shouldn't be any issues right?

Newbie and waiting on my order to be built.
Sponsored

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link

Assuming you are asking if there might be any issues with the wheels coming in the new Xtreme Recon package. Note that they are listed as "Beadlock Capable" wheels. I expect that they will be delivered with tires mounted in the non-beadlock configuration, so there shouldn't be any issues.

If you decide to switch to the true beadlock configuration you will need to add bead thickness to your tire buying desicion. If the bead is too thick it causes the outer clamping ring to cone and lead to broken bolts.

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Assuming you are asking if there might be any issues with the wheels coming in the new Xtreme Recon package. Note that they are listed as "Beadlock Capable" wheels. I expect that they will be delivered with tires mounted in the non-beadlock configuration, so there shouldn't be any issues.

If you decide to switch to the true beadlock configuration you will need to add bead thickness to your tire buying desicion. If the bead is too thick it causes the outer clamping ring to cone and lead to broken bolts.
Okay. I was assuming the package was actual beadlock configuration.

Are you saying that the tires that come on the recon pkg are not good to have the beadlock configuration setup?

Just making sure I understand correctly.

Thanks!

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Okay. I was assuming the package was actual beadlock configuration.

Are you saying that the tires that come on the recon pkg are not good to have the beadlock configuration setup?

Just making sure I understand correctly.

Thanks!
At this point I don't think anybody knows for sure. My guess is these will be similar to the Mopar beadlocks, you can search for more info on them on this site. My guess is that they will arrive at the dealer in a non-beadlock configuration and the outer ring and bolts to convert them to true beadlocks will be tossed in the back. The tires will work fine in true beadlock configuration, but you'll need a tire machine to flip the the outer bead over the wheel so the ring can be installed.

The beadlock ring is only compatible with a certain range of bead thickness. This varies between tires and tends to be thicker on the more aggressive off-road tires and thinner on street tires with thinner sidewalls.

The big question in my mind is what the wheel width and offset/backspacing will be...

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
What is the lowest safe pressure to air down to running stock non-beadlock rims?
I have gone down to 20psi without problem running rock on 32" tires.
Can I go lower, say 15psi, or am I already on the edge at 20psi?
So I used to always stay at 15-18 psi. During my time at Moab, I tried 10-12 psi for some of the trails and had no problems.

BTW I finally came on a good deal on a set of KMC Tank Beadlocks. Will be mounting them sometime next week. :rock:
Sponsored