Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Blew the sidewall out over the weekend in the Ouachita National Forest. Can’t blame the tire, it’s all sharp rock through that area and this is my first Jeep flat I’ve had up there. I was rolling single digit pressures that allowed me to greatly pick up the pace over previous years. Unfortunately faster speeds are probably what lead to the tear in the sidewall.

Good news is the jack/spacer that come with the Xtreme Recon worked great for 37s.

Bad news, I can’t find a 37x12.5r17 Yokohama G003 MT to replace my trashed tire, I can’t even get an ETA from my local @Discount Tire (it should be noted that they’re great to work with, this is just supply chain BS). Apparently they’re on national backorder. If anyone happens to come across one I’d be stoked to get another one coming so I’m not stuck wheeling without a spare.

Jeep Wrangler JL First trail casualty 9844C327-0442-4F45-AD35-CC3893346C65

Jeep Wrangler JL First trail casualty 1F1D0BF8-E3CE-4AC9-85A4-1B90A76F0D92
Sponsored

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Ouch. Hope you find a replacement soon. They sell sidewall patches designed for offroading hat would get your out of the trail. But yeah I still wouldnt drive without a spare.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Well that sucks.

Good luck with finding that replacement.

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Contact @JeepCares
We cut a sidewall on one of our tires and they paid to replace it. Granted ours was a factory one at the time, not sure if they pay for 37"s

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Blew the sidewall out over the weekend in the Ouachita National Forest. Can’t blame the tire, it’s all sharp rock through that area and this is my first Jeep flat I’ve had up there. I was rolling single digit pressures that allowed me to greatly pick up the pace over previous years. Unfortunately faster speeds are probably what lead to the tear in the sidewall.

Good news is the jack/spacer that come with the Xtreme Recon worked great for 37s.

Bad news, I can’t find a 37x12.5r17 Yokohama G003 MT to replace my trashed tire, I can’t even get an ETA from my local @Discount Tire (it should be noted that they’re great to work with, this is just supply chain BS). Apparently they’re on national backorder. If anyone happens to come across one I’d be stoked to get another one coming so I’m not stuck wheeling without a spare.

Hit a bone yard, used tire store, pick up anything in a 37, don’t be picky, it just a means to an end. I’m currently packing a fixed sidewall for a spare. I ran the shit out of it after I fixed it, just to be sure. I was able to plug mine because of the location in the side biter……..

C1BE89EE-B4E0-4B1F-8687-11ADDA78A0EC.jpeg

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
What about the tire on the back of the rig, can you swap that one in and rotate out the one that has the puncture?

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Call Yokohama customer service at
1-800-722-9888
to see if they can help.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Jeep Wrangler JL First trail casualty C1BE89EE-B4E0-4B1F-8687-11ADDA78A0EC

Jeep Wrangler JL First trail casualty C1BE89EE-B4E0-4B1F-8687-11ADDA78A0EC
Sidewall patch it and carry it as a trail-only spare until you get a replacement.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
single-digit pressures and what looks like Mopar Beadlocks; just curious if you had your tires mounted conventionally or as bead locked,...?

Blew the sidewall out over the weekend in the Ouachita National Forest. Can’t blame the tire, it’s all sharp rock through that area and this is my first Jeep flat I’ve had up there. I was rolling single digit pressures that allowed me to greatly pick up the pace over previous years.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I recently came so close to walling my brand new STT pro a couple weeks ago. Thank god for super glue and tough sidewalls.

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

single-digit pressures and what looks like Mopar Beadlocks; just curious if you had your tires mounted conventionally or as bead locked,...?
They are mounted as true beadlocks. The tire kept the bead at 0 PSI while I drove to flat ground.
Sponsored