First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I picked this beauty up this afternoon, and I'm already down the Jeep rabbit hole! Any tips or advice for a newbie to Jeep life?

Jeep Wrangler JL First time Jeep owner... Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 9.19.01 PM
Congrats!! I’m waiting on delivery of my jlur. Just enjoy it!

if you’re looking at mods, starting off with protection mods is a solid choice. The rubi is super capable from the factory! Love that color, I almost went with sage green

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Congratulations. That is a beautiful Jeep. It doesn't need anything, but if you are so inclined, there are 100's of accessories available.

Hava-Jeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Huntington Beach, CA / Lake Havasu City, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon,
Occupation
Retired
Beautiful rig! Welcome to the “rabbit hole!” As for where to start, it depends on what you plan to do as far as overlanding, crawling, or just going out to seek new adventures. Recovery gear was at the top of my list to start out. Whatever you choose, you’re in store for a ton of fun! Enjoy!

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I picked this beauty up this afternoon, and I'm already down the Jeep rabbit hole! Any tips or advice for a newbie to Jeep life?

Jeep Wrangler JL First time Jeep owner... Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 9.19.01 PM
Jason..wow..that shade of green is one that would be at the top of my list of choices for my next Wrangler. Use it in good health.

Here are my thoughts about how to approach Wrangler ownership.

Customizing a Wrangler is a process. Have fun with the process of doing in, not simply afterwards enjoying things that have been acquired and installed.

Write down what your priorities for making it your own are. Sleep on that list. Establish a budget and try to to stick to it remembering that "Rome wasn't built in a day," and that this "building of Rome" is supposed to be fun.

Use this forum as a source to research products and ask questions.

Build your rig the way you want to and respect other people's builds even if their choices might not be yours.

I remember when I took ownership of mine and am vicariously feeling the happiness you must feel right now, recalling what I felt.

Also, never lose sight of things that are important in life. The rig, when it comes down to it, is a replaceable box of steel. The health, welfare and happiness of you and your loved ones comes first.

Make safe happy memories with them in your dream machine.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Great start Jason, only advice I can give is you found a superb place to expand your Jeep experience. Enjoy the journey, it's going to be great in that fine machine!

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Can't beat that color, waiting on mine in the same.
Winch...If you can't wait to go out with others, you'll make it home if you get your self stuck. Yeah I know this is the cardinal rule.... But come on who hasn't going out a lone once or twice when they first get their rig and don't know anyone who goes out.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Congrats on a beautiful new Jeep and welcome to the Jeep family!

As for that 'rabbit hole'...You will find it much like the one from "Alice in Wonderland", however in our case we fall into a magical land of endless options, upgrades and 'must-haves'...In my case I am nearing $20K (my original budget was well under under $5K) and that is with me doing all labor!

Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Congratulations! Remember to wave at other jeeps!

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Nice looking Jeep!

My $0.015 worth regarding mods:

When it comes to mods, especially suspension, go with the good stuff.
There is so much stuff that comes from overseas that is junk. Yes, its cheap and may look decent, but it won't hold up and will take away from the Jeep experience.

If you are going to modify your Jeep, consider made in USA components like Rock Krawler, Artec, American Adventure Labs, Next Venture Motorsports (NVM), etc. Yes, you are going to pay more, but those parts are well worth the extra $.

If you are going to wheel your Jeep, consider protecting the underside with belly skids, and diff skids. Artec has some great belly skids and NVM has some super strong diff skids.

Consider Dirty Life Wheels (DLW) if you are going to 35's or 37's. Some DLW rims can be used as regular rims or bead lock rims. You can click on the link to my build to get some ideas.

If you are going with a winch, go with a made in USA winch. Yes, the overseas ones may work and may have a great warrantee. However, a warrantee is not worth anything when a winch breaks on the trail. When you need a winch, it cannot fail.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations! And welcome to the forum.

First two mods:
  1. 22-inch wheels and a set of rubber-band tires
  2. Angry grille
Not!

:LOL:

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Welcome to the Jeep family. Just remember what JEEP stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket". I agree, wave at other Jeep and Gladiator owners. Before mods determine what you want to do with your Jeep. Rock crawl, drive easy to moderate trails, overland or camp. That will help you focus your mods.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Welcome aboard!!!!
Sponsored