First time Jeep owner

ThatsKrispy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 Door
Congrats! Nice looking Jeep. We bought our Rubicon even though we paid for a lot of capability we will never use. Sort of the same when we bought our 350 Z that would do 150 and stop on a dime and handle turns at ridiculous speeds.
Just sold my Z for a Rubi.
Sponsored

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
Must get a pretty good lease deal working at Chrysler. The Jeep is a good choice, it'll serve you well.
Picked up my new Jeep today! First Jeep Iā€™ve ever owned. Always wondered what the big deal was about Jeeps, never really got it before. Finally had the chance to lease one through work so I figured Iā€™d give it a shot.

Man what a fun vehicle to drive! They look cool outside, look cool inside, fun to drive, etc. Itā€™s like driving a little tank with the short stubby windshield and dashboard and long straight hood. I like the boxy look.

Definitely a big change from the Challenger R/T I was previously leasing. I was getting onto the highway on one of those on-ramps that curve around and forgot I was no longer in a muscle car with performance suspension haha! Had to slow down a bit! But it rides and handles well for an off road vehicle.

I ended up getting the 2.0L turbo engine. Has much more power than I was expecting. Never felt slow either from a dead stop or a roll on the freeway. Plenty of power. Supposedly it gets 21/22mpg, so weā€™ll see where I end up falling. I drive mostly freeway, so it should be on the higher end of the spectrum.

I wasnā€™t sure what trim level to get at first either. Sport, Sport S, Sahara, or Rubicon. Obviously I loved the Rubicon, but after really looking hard at what I was going to use the Jeep for, it seemed like Iā€™d be paying for a lot of extra off road stuff that Iā€™d likely never use. I just wasnā€™t sold on the Saharaā€™s looks for some reason (wheels, running boards, not sure what it was). The Sport was too bare bones for me, so I opted for the Sport S. Exactly what I was wanting.

I didnā€™t get many options either, but the S package seems to have a lot of stuff standard anyway. I got the hardtop, headliner, and technology group, thatā€™s it. Surprisingly the stereo sounds better than the one in the Challenger I had.

I canā€™t wait for summer, going to take the top and doors off for sure. Itā€™s a bit too cold for that in Michigan right now though haha!

Really looking forward to driving the Jeep more and getting to know it better. I think Iā€™m going to really enjoy it!

IMG_9069.JPG

IMG_9068.JPG

IMG_9065.JPG

IMG_9072.JPG

IMG_9078.JPG

IMG_9086.JPG

IMG_9082.JPG

IMG_9089.JPG
Picked up my new Jeep today! First Jeep Iā€™ve ever owned. Always wondered what the big deal was about Jeeps, never really got it before. Finally had the chance to lease one through work so I figured Iā€™d give it a shot.

Man what a fun vehicle to drive! They look cool outside, look cool inside, fun to drive, etc. Itā€™s like driving a little tank with the short stubby windshield and dashboard and long straight hood. I like the boxy look.

Definitely a big change from the Challenger R/T I was previously leasing. I was getting onto the highway on one of those on-ramps that curve around and forgot I was no longer in a muscle car with performance suspension haha! Had to slow down a bit! But it rides and handles well for an off road vehicle.

I ended up getting the 2.0L turbo engine. Has much more power than I was expecting. Never felt slow either from a dead stop or a roll on the freeway. Plenty of power. Supposedly it gets 21/22mpg, so weā€™ll see where I end up falling. I drive mostly freeway, so it should be on the higher end of the spectrum.

I wasnā€™t sure what trim level to get at first either. Sport, Sport S, Sahara, or Rubicon. Obviously I loved the Rubicon, but after really looking hard at what I was going to use the Jeep for, it seemed like Iā€™d be paying for a lot of extra off road stuff that Iā€™d likely never use. I just wasnā€™t sold on the Saharaā€™s looks for some reason (wheels, running boards, not sure what it was). The Sport was too bare bones for me, so I opted for the Sport S. Exactly what I was wanting.

I didnā€™t get many options either, but the S package seems to have a lot of stuff standard anyway. I got the hardtop, headliner, and technology group, thatā€™s it. Surprisingly the stereo sounds better than the one in the Challenger I had.

I canā€™t wait for summer, going to take the top and doors off for sure. Itā€™s a bit too cold for that in Michigan right now though haha!

Really looking forward to driving the Jeep more and getting to know it better. I think Iā€™m going to really enjoy it!

IMG_9069.JPG

IMG_9068.JPG

IMG_9065.JPG

IMG_9072.JPG

IMG_9078.JPG

IMG_9086.JPG

IMG_9082.JPG

IMG_9089.JPG
My first Wrangler also....I always wanted one.I love getting in to it every day,can't stop looking at it.....Enjoy it...You're probably not going to want to turn it in though!
83, post: 1001485, member: 41295"]Picked up my new Jeep today! First Jeep Iā€™ve ever owned. Always wondered what the big deal was about Jeeps, never really got it before. Finally had the chance to lease one through work so I figured Iā€™d give it a shot.

IMG_9069.JPG

IMG_9068.JPG

IMG_9065.JPG

IMG_9072.JPG

IMG_9078.JPG

IMG_9086.JPG

IMG_9082.JPG

IMG_9089.JPG
[/QUOTE]

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations! Enjoy the new ride!

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I hear everyone say the JL is the best, they fixed everything that was wrong with the old Jeeps, etc. What were the major griped with the older models? This is my first one so I have no reference point when people talk about that.
My experience, after three Wranglers, is that with the combination of the V-6 and 5-speed tranny, it was underpowered and not great on freeways. I just got a 2019 Rubicon with the I4 eTorque Turbo and it is much improved. I can stay with traffic in windy, hilly conditions, unlike the JK.

That's just my take on the biggest thing to me, there are other great improvements. But Jeeps are cool, a breed apart from everything else. :fist bump::flag:

Sponsored

OP
OP
cdahl383

cdahl383

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2019 Ram 1500, 2015 Challenger Scat Pack, 1972 Chevy Nova
My experience, after three Wranglers, is that with the combination of the V-6 and 5-speed tranny, it was underpowered and not great on freeways. I just got a 2019 Rubicon with the I4 eTorque Turbo and it is much improved. I can stay with traffic in windy, hilly conditions, unlike the JK.

That's just my take on the biggest thing to me, there are other great improvements. But Jeeps are cool, a breed apart from everything else. :fist bump::flag:
Yep I was a little worried about having a 4 cylinder in a big heavy boxy vehicle like the Wrangler, but this engine has been great so far. Gets up and goes when you want to, plenty of power, never feels underpowered. And this thing has been getting awesome mileage so far, canā€™t believe it. Didnā€™t get one for mileage, but Iā€™ll gladly take it! Really loving it so far!
6C3921FC-AF14-44A9-ACF2-A3122060ED85.jpeg

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats and welcome Cj, Iā€™m on my 2nd Wrangler. I went with Jeep because Iā€™m a fan of manual transmissions and theyā€™re a dying breed. But I write this post to tell you the best part of Wranglers which you mentioned. Wait until that first 70-72 degree day that you remove that top. Wow what an experience. Itā€™s like being on a never ending roller coaster ride. Youā€™ll be disappointed when you get to your destination or home because the rideā€™s over. You think you love your Jeep now? Wait.
I bought the Top Lift Pro (To remove the roof) and the guy said ā€œhey Iā€™ve got a nice door cartā€ I told him Iā€™ll probably never remove my doors. Funny because he said ā€œoh you will, Iā€™ve heard that before!ā€ Come spring of year 2 I pull the doors. Wow again!
Just make sure when you pull the doors you have either tube doors with a mirror or just an aftermarket mirror set up. I didnā€™t plan ahead my first door removal and drove without mirrors. It was not fun and even stressful whipping my head around like a fool. Not to mention Illegal in most placeā€™s.
Happy Jeeping.

OP
OP
cdahl383

cdahl383

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2019 Ram 1500, 2015 Challenger Scat Pack, 1972 Chevy Nova
Congrats and welcome Cj, Iā€™m on my 2nd Wrangler. I went with Jeep because Iā€™m a fan of manual transmissions and theyā€™re a dying breed. But I write this post to tell you the best part of Wranglers which you mentioned. Wait until that first 70-72 degree day that you remove that top. Wow what an experience. Itā€™s like being on a never ending roller coaster ride. Youā€™ll be disappointed when you get to your destination or home because the rideā€™s over. You think you love your Jeep now? Wait.
I bought the Top Lift Pro (To remove the roof) and the guy said ā€œhey Iā€™ve got a nice door cartā€ I told him Iā€™ll probably never remove my doors. Funny because he said ā€œoh you will, Iā€™ve heard that before!ā€ Come spring of year 2 I pull the doors. Wow again!
Just make sure when you pull the doors you have either tube doors with a mirror or just an aftermarket mirror set up. I didnā€™t plan ahead my first door removal and drove without mirrors. It was not fun and even stressful whipping my head around like a fool. Not to mention Illegal in most placeā€™s.
Happy Jeeping.
I know! I can hardly wait to take the top off and doors too! I'm sure that will be a blast!

I can see why there are so many on the road, they're a lot of fun to drive! They look cool too. I really like this new 2.0L turbo engine too. Plenty of power and awesome mpgs.

I'll have to remember that about the side mirrors/doors when I take the doors off this summer. I'll try to get something lined up ahead of time. Thanks for the advice!

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I know! I can hardly wait to take the top off and doors too! I'm sure that will be a blast!

I can see why there are so many on the road, they're a lot of fun to drive! They look cool too. I really like this new 2.0L turbo engine too. Plenty of power and awesome mpgs.

I'll have to remember that about the side mirrors/doors when I take the doors off this summer. I'll try to get something lined up ahead of time. Thanks for the advice!
Check out Quadratec, they have some great Jeep aftermarket stuff, mirrors included:
https://www.quadratec.com/

Have fun!

Sponsored

OP
OP
cdahl383

cdahl383

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still amazed by this Jeep, getting over 26mpg now! Never thought it would do this well!

Drove it in my first snow storm the other day. Driving in the snow is fun now haha! I put it in 4Hi for a while, plowed right through everything no problem. Not hard at all to shift it into 4Hi, not sure what all the complaints were about that, seemed easy enough to me. Such a fun vehicle to drive!

IMG_9280.JPG

oldmannewjeep

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Congratulations! I'm also a first-timer; got mine in late September. Having a blast with it! Got the Bestop SunRider for hardtops for Christmas and it is fabulous; much less hassle than the Freedom Tops. Enjoy!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Still amazed by this Jeep, getting over 26mpg now! Never thought it would do this well!

Drove it in my first snow storm the other day. Driving in the snow is fun now haha! I put it in 4Hi for a while, plowed right through everything no problem. Not hard at all to shift it into 4Hi, not sure what all the complaints were about that, seemed easy enough to me. Such a fun vehicle to drive!

IMG_9280.JPG
Hi cdahl383,
Congrats and welcome to the Jeep family! We love that you LOVE your new wrangler. Thank you for sharing-

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP
cdahl383

cdahl383

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations! I'm also a first-timer; got mine in late September. Having a blast with it! Got the Bestop SunRider for hardtops for Christmas and it is fabulous; much less hassle than the Freedom Tops. Enjoy!
I've heard of those before. I guess I'll see how it goes removing the freedom tops once it warms up. Looking forward to taking the top off this summer!

OP
OP
cdahl383

cdahl383

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to say, I've gotten SO many Jeep waves in the past few days I can't believe it haha! I'm now more cognizant when I'm driving to look for Jeeps going the other way. I'd say about 95% of Wranglers and Gladiators wave to me.

I'm also glad I got white. My Jeep was wiped out the other day, had dirt and mud and salt all over it from my work commute. I sprayed it off at the coin car wash near home, got it 90% clean just from doing that. It's still a bit dirty when you get up close, but it looks way better now. White cleans off really easily. Much better than my previous vehicle that was blue.

I have a pretty long work commute, but I actually look forward to driving to/from work now because the Jeep is so much fun! I used to always laugh when people would say it's a Jeep thing, etc. Like what's the big deal. But now I get it, they're fun!
Sponsored