Firmware 11.2.7 + 11.2.8

Chaosmtb

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ 00 XJ 19 jlur
so i had my uconnect 8.4 update itself while my tazer was married, it seems like a bad idea, i didnt notice if that mute button shortcut stopped working with that or the beta version of the 11.2.6, just now i got another notice to update my uconnect, i made sure to unmarry and reboot was having a hard time to get the dash to completly sleep... after a long while it finnally shut down. I unplugged of course making sure to reconnect the wires under the dash. Now updating the uconnect and giving the tazer the latest 11.2.7 and hope it works like it should. one issue my uconnect always gives me is the ORPages almost never displays GPS info, my buddy just got a mohave and his does. but his middle usb does not hold airplay even w a new cable.. these jeeps need more robust software and hardware... but ill update here how it all pans out after the updates are made. ill drive around tomorrow am without the tazer to be sure all is well then hook up by lunch time.
Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone able to load the hot keys? I can’t get it to come up?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Nevermind, forgot it had to be running to do these.

Side note, I went back to 11.2.5 and the double mute for the video works. Going to run with this one for a bit until they update it again.

edit: also did the hot keys with the camera and all that works well. Not a bad option if you want the camera function. You’ll lose the garage and TurnCam but I didn’t use neither so this works out better for me.

Just wanted to pass that along in case someone else is in a similar boat.

Last edited:

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
The shortcut for Lightshow hasn’t been working for me. You know the set+ and Highbeam. Lots of other features have been working, but I haven’t had a chance to try out everything.

Since I use the lightshow for emergency response, and the shortcut isn’t working for me. I’m going to have to revert back to the previous update, until it works for me.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
The shortcut for Lightshow hasn’t been working for me. You know the set+ and Highbeam. Lots of other features have been working, but I haven’t had a chance to try out everything.

Since I use the lightshow for emergency response, and the shortcut isn’t working for me. I’m going to have to revert back to the previous update, until it works for me.
I would. It seems they are still working out the bugs. If you don’t use any of the new features, might not be a bad idea to just revert back to the 11.2.5 version. It’s been working well for me so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I would have named this version 11.2.6 beta 8. But I suppose that many people don't install beta versions, like me, because they don't want to be a volunteer tester with a vehicle at such a price and with such risky electronic parameters. So it is indeed easier to remove the word "beta" in the version, the proof we discover several bugs now.

This is only my opinion and it doesn't take anything away from the quality of the Tazer.

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Does it fix the rear camera double mute/hot key issue? The double mute wouldn’t work with the 11.2.7, just curious if that was fixed yet.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does it fix the rear camera double mute/hot key issue? The double mute wouldn’t work with the 11.2.7, just curious if that was fixed yet.
Yes.

Sponsored

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Very nice! Traction off is working 100% now (remembering traction off setting) and the double mute press. Started updating with an old windoze 8 laptop - rather not unmarry for the MacOS updates

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Just updated mine, and lots of weird stuff happening! First my shifter started blinking, Sahara showed up on the dash when I have a Rubicon, and lots of service this and that started popping up.

I use an Apple, so I unmarried it first, and did a full reboot. That’s when I noticed the shifter blinking. I noticed the rest after the install. It seemed like everything popped up at once. Blind spot monitoring, airbags… everything. I’m guessing I got a corrupted file or something. Will try again.

uodate: revert back to the last one, didn’t work. Still showing Sahara on the dash in my Rubicon, will not move. It may be unrelated… but I’m needing a tow for sure

Last edited:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Motoristx did you have any issues before updating and if not did you make any additional changes with the new update.

There are known issues with the Mac software as some have reported issues and thats why stopped using a Tazer as I only have Apple products and it was a hassle to update on a Windows PC that I didn’t own.

I would reach out to Zauto and get their input, they have a solid product but struggle with the Mac stuff I’m thinking.

Also if your JL will start and run maybe try to do several reboots with the Tazer and let the CPU power down to ensure it’s a complete restart.
Sponsored