Not open for further replies.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
The list is long... but we are making it longer.

We have added sway bar disconnect while in 2WD - factory-like activation. Simply press the Sway bar button and it'll disconnect, Press it again to reconnect. It'll reconnect automatically if you exceed 30MPH and disconnect again if you stop.

We added the ability to turn off the seat belt chime.

We added a few more features for the real die-hard like deleting the EPS if you're converting to hydraulic power steering pump.

In case anyone is interested, we put together a quick comparison of the Tazer JL vs FlashCal:

page01.jpg
Sponsored

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
Wow looks like i'll be ordering one of these! Are you going to use this as a master thread for when firmware updates are released? Will you ever offer engine tuning for increased HP and TQ?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer just keeps getting better and better! Thanks, Joe!

Hey, what would the dealer see if you didn't unmarry it and left the plugs in the bypass?

Or, what would they see if you unmarried it, but left the plugs in the bypass?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@DanW

I think the person who leaves the Tazer and SWG in place and brings their JL to a dealership for service of any kind is making a very major and foolish mistake. They will undoubtedly, regret doing same.

To me. it is pure laziness and ignorance to leave the Tazer and SWG in place...

Indeed, if you do not pull the plastic panel in front of the SWG, that the SWG can be a real pain in the ass to access...but pulling the plastic panel ,(very easyto do) leaves very easy /free access to the SWM.

Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

I think the person who leaves the Tazer and SWG in place and brings their JL to a dealership for service of any kind is making a very major and foolish mistake. They will undoubtedly, regret doing same.

Indeed, if you do not pull the plastic panel in front of the SWG, that the SWG can be a real pain in the ass to access...but pulling the plastic panel ,(very easyto do) leaves very easy /free access to the SWM.
Wow! I didn't know I was so stupid, of course that is why I am ignorant.....

Before I bought the Tazer I asked my mod friendly dealer about it and they were excited to see one as they use them on their Jeep builds for customers all of the time on JK's.

After installing it, I brought it to them and they played with it for a while and told me they really liked it.

I asked if I would have any problems with leaving it hooked up for service and they said they wouldn't and if it was a problem, they would un-marry it for me before Jeep saw anything.

I don't know, but not sure it can get better than that.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! I didn't know I was so stupid, of course that is why I am ignorant.....

Before I bought the Tazer I asked my mod friendly dealer about it and they were excited to see one as they use them on their Jeep builds for customers all of the time on JK's.

After installing it, I brought it to them and they played with it for a while and told me they really liked it.

I asked if I would have any problems with leaving it hooked up for service and they said they wouldn't and if it was a problem, they would un-marry it for me before Jeep saw anything.

I don't know, but not sure it can get better than that.
Well, you do fit the bill, lets say... I believe most in the know would tell you that you are lucky that the dealer did not focus negatively on the programmer. Time will tell whether the dealership service department will keep doing this.

It's kinda like playing with matches....

p.s. @PaPasJP ... I think if you could do it all over again, with knowing what you know, that you would not go to the dealership with the Tazer and SWG in place..

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Well, you do fit the bill, lets say....
Looks like “Let’s Say FatBoy01” created himself a new account after being banned...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

Ok, well, it may not make sense to you, and thus the flippant remark, but you are forgiven because some ignorance is due to not having the experience that I had in getting those plugs out of their holes. If you did, you'd be asking, "Do I really have to do that again?" You are forgiven, though, because again, you didn't know.

What I'm wondering is what the dealer's computer will see if those plugs are not in their spots. With over 10,000 Tazers sold, I suspect someone has taken theirs to a dealership and forgotten to undo the bypass and left them in. Joe has had no reports of any negative reaction from dealerships in terms of warranty. I'm asking to see if anyone has done that. I've got a VERY good relationship with my Jeep dealer, and they use Flashcals on their dealer-installed lifts, so I'm actually doubtful they'd have any issue with it. I just want to test the climate out there before I do that. Until then, I'll replug the plugs. You are welcome to come over and try getting them out, if you'd like. Mine were unusually difficult to remove.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW

I have installed the Tazer JL. I opted to pull the plastic panel and gain easy access that way. Mine unplugged easily, but if not, I would have had easy access to work on it if need be.

I'm finding it difficult to understand why anyone would take the chance of going to the dealership with the Tazer JL / SWG in place/installed... In doing so, you would in essence, be asking the dealership, expecting that the dealership to ignore, not document the Tazer JL being there.... not telling FCA in some way, shape or form. I would not want to put the dealership in this position. Doing so may backfire on me so to speak....

Last edited:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

Speaking of ignorance, since you brought it up, the Jeep dealer can tell, even after being unmarried, that you've programmed the system. Now you know.

Also, a dealer who uses an aftermarket programmer will have a hard legal time denying warranty service for someone doing the same thing, when they don't deny it for the customers to whom they provided one.

So, my question still stands. Your opinion has been noted. (And discarded.)

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Looks like “Let’s Say FatBoy01” created himself a new account after being banned...
You sir, deserve a prize. Lol. Good catch!

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
Dealer tool (witech) will not work without the security gateway plugged in.

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I wouldn’t be so worried about forgetting to unmarry the Tazer JL - the likeliness of the dealer looking into that level of detail to see if a setting was changed - and what setting it was - and then looking up the vehicle history to see if it was dealer-authorized or not is very unlikely. Unless you went in with a bad attidute or pissed off the service tech...
But leaving the SGW Bypass in place is certainly a red flag as the dealer scan tool won’t work, and they’d be sure to try to figure out why. Then you’d have some explaining to do.

konrad

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Quick question, with the JL Tazer, would there be a way to program the backup camera to turn on automatically when I turn on my turn signal?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.