Firmware 11.2.7 + 11.2.8

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel, 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
@Motoristx did you have any issues before updating and if not did you make any additional changes with the new update.

There are known issues with the Mac software as some have reported issues and thats why stopped using a Tazer as I only have Apple products and it was a hassle to update on a Windows PC that I didn’t own.

I would reach out to Zauto and get their input, they have a solid product but struggle with the Mac stuff I’m thinking.

Also if your JL will start and run maybe try to do several reboots with the Tazer and let the CPU power down to ensure it’s
no issues, no additional changes.
I’ve talked to support about the Mac updates, and I’ve gotten some good directions from them and have been happy with it so far.
I let it restart a few times. I tried cold start and a few things. Nothing worked.

im thinking it might not be related to the tazer, and just be a coincidence that it happened while I was unmarrying it for an update. I’m reading it’s happened before due to wiring harness issues, and when I got mine, all my fuses were loose.

I’m going to let the dealership try and figure out what happened, and fix it. I’ll update when I find out what happened or when it is fixed.

1623289342248.jpeg

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Motoristx sorry to hear it was not a simple solution, seems these vehicles today all have potential issues with all the electronics and being computer driven just adds to making a simple fix harder, Im sure we would all like to hear what it takes to resolve so standing by.

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel, 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
@WranglerMan I got a call saying my jeep was done, however I'm working nights and I was already here so I haven't picked it up yet, or talked to the techs.

The service advisor said that it was a computer issue, and that it had to be reset. I'm only assuming this means they had to flash it. Now, as this happened while I was Unmarrying the Tazer, I'm starting to think the Tazer may have had something to do with it. I have UnMarried the Tazer countless times before with no issues. This happens everytime it goes to the dealership, and it goes there a lot! They gave me a lifetime powertrain warranty, so every oil change and other little warranty job the Tazer gets Unmarried.

I'll get in contact with Z Auto and see if anything makes sense.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Zauto has sold likely thousands of these units without issue but electronics do fail even on small percentages, maybe something was written back incorrectly that caused the ECM to crash but as you said they likely flashed the system back to stock so now best bet is if going to continue to use the Tazer is to make a backup of the original setup and save it on a drive.

Advertisement

TopLift Pros

Advertisement