First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
@Motoristx did you have any issues before updating and if not did you make any additional changes with the new update.

There are known issues with the Mac software as some have reported issues and thats why stopped using a Tazer as I only have Apple products and it was a hassle to update on a Windows PC that I didn’t own.

I would reach out to Zauto and get their input, they have a solid product but struggle with the Mac stuff I’m thinking.

Also if your JL will start and run maybe try to do several reboots with the Tazer and let the CPU power down to ensure it’s
no issues, no additional changes.
I’ve talked to support about the Mac updates, and I’ve gotten some good directions from them and have been happy with it so far.
I let it restart a few times. I tried cold start and a few things. Nothing worked.

im thinking it might not be related to the tazer, and just be a coincidence that it happened while I was unmarrying it for an update. I’m reading it’s happened before due to wiring harness issues, and when I got mine, all my fuses were loose.

I’m going to let the dealership try and figure out what happened, and fix it. I’ll update when I find out what happened or when it is fixed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Firmware 11.2.7 + 11.2.8 1623289342248
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Motoristx sorry to hear it was not a simple solution, seems these vehicles today all have potential issues with all the electronics and being computer driven just adds to making a simple fix harder, Im sure we would all like to hear what it takes to resolve so standing by.

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
@WranglerMan I got a call saying my jeep was done, however I'm working nights and I was already here so I haven't picked it up yet, or talked to the techs.

The service advisor said that it was a computer issue, and that it had to be reset. I'm only assuming this means they had to flash it. Now, as this happened while I was Unmarrying the Tazer, I'm starting to think the Tazer may have had something to do with it. I have UnMarried the Tazer countless times before with no issues. This happens everytime it goes to the dealership, and it goes there a lot! They gave me a lifetime powertrain warranty, so every oil change and other little warranty job the Tazer gets Unmarried.

I'll get in contact with Z Auto and see if anything makes sense.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Zauto has sold likely thousands of these units without issue but electronics do fail even on small percentages, maybe something was written back incorrectly that caused the ECM to crash but as you said they likely flashed the system back to stock so now best bet is if going to continue to use the Tazer is to make a backup of the original setup and save it on a drive.

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have just updated to the latest firmware and now I get “camera system unavailable “. Not sure what to do?

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have just updated to the latest firmware and now I get “camera system unavailable “. Not sure what to do?
With a Tazer its paramount to do several reboots/cycles for changes to take full effect, if nothing else unmarry it and do a full reboot cycle and see if what you have lost returns.

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With a Tazer its paramount to do several reboots/cycles for changes to take full effect, if nothing else unmarry it and do a full reboot cycle and see if what you have lost returns.
That is what I just did. Hopefully it works. Thanks

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I unmarried, full reboot, two cycles, married, made setting changes, full reboot and nothing saved and camera still doesn’t work.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I unmarried, full reboot, two cycles, married, made setting changes, full reboot and nothing saved and camera still doesn’t work.
Try to unmarry the Tazer then do several reboots and leave it unmarried and see if you get the camera back, if you unmarry and remove and do several restarts this will eliminate the Tazer as the suspect and was all working correctly on the earlier software version

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try to unmarry the Tazer then do several reboots and leave it unmarried and see if you get the camera back, if you unmarry and remove and do several restarts this will eliminate the Tazer as the suspect and was all working correctly on the earlier software version
Thanks, yes all was working previous.

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Do more that two cycles after reboot. Walk away from the Jeep after each recycle and take the key fob with you. Wait at least 3 minutes before you start the next recycle.

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do more that two cycles after reboot. Walk away from the Jeep after each recycle and take the key fob with you. Wait at least 3 minutes before you start the next recycle.
I have it unmarried and removed, should I remarry and do more cycles? Should I wait until the cycles are done to make any changes?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Wait ….and as stated after doing some reboots and cycles get out if the Jeep and walk away with FOB in hand and allow the ECU to power down, then don’t marry the Tazer back but start the Jeep and see if your normal functions have returned.

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait ….and as stated after doing some reboots and cycles get out if the Jeep and walk away with FOB in hand and allow the ECU to power down, then don’t marry the Tazer back but start the Jeep and see if your normal functions have returned.
Well, I drove the Jeep a couple times with the tazer out and went out this morning and I still get no backup camera just a blue screen. I guess it needs to go in.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Well, I drove the Jeep a couple times with the tazer out and went out this morning and I still get no backup camera just a blue screen. I guess it needs to go in.
Unlikely to have anything to do with Tazer. Certainly, don’t mention it…
Sponsored