First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Oh this is going to be fun. Youā€™re actually getting pissed off typing this out. My mistake for slightly misunderstanding your previous essay.

You clearly think you are the next Elon, so letā€™s run some scenarios. Iā€™m a small business owner, operating almost entirely on e-commerce. If a customer wants a product that I have, they first pay me for it and then I ship it to them. Itā€™s a pretty clear concept, most companies do it. Furthermore, like every company Iā€™ve ever experienced, if an item I have is on backorder, customers still pay me for it. It kind of helps to know if I should restock that item. If I just accepted a bunch of backorders without payment, what happens when Iā€™m ready to ship and said customer changes their mind? I spent money on a product and I donā€™t have a buyer...thatā€™s called bad business, that puts you out of business.

Former massive e-commerce company I worked for too clearly thought taking payment for a Backordered item was the right play too. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re so passionate about this, but youā€™re wrong.
Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
No, this is not obvious. Especially when you go on to say it should be up to the second updates.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
You get sub-minute updates on _people_ that have GPS trackers on them. This is completely different than getting sub-minute updates on every apple or orange at Whole Foods individually tracked.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I hear what youā€™re saying.

Anytime an absolutely critical part of a vehicle is needed, I recommend ordering thru the dealership parts dept and 9/10 times if itā€™s in stock, they can have it by the next business day.

There is nothing wrong with wanting communication and visibility to your online order during the process from purchase to delivery. Usually big companies are good about providing this information to their customers.

FWIW, I approached this thread with the assumption that @Cleoncini was targeting those whoā€™ve ordered non critical Jeep parts (badge stickers for example) and canā€™t understand why the store wonā€™t send out to FedEx/UPS and why they wonā€™t deliver sooner?

As a consumer, I would prefer that people get their critical vehicle parts faster than those whoā€™ve ordered non critical parts. But thatā€™s just me and my opinion.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Lol, when was the last time you saw someone complaining about not being able to get a part they really NEEDED on this forum, it's all bitching about having to wait for a bumper, roof rack, rock sliders, floor mats, lift kits, etc. Yea, real essentials.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cleoncini

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Lol, when was the last time you saw someone complaining about not being able to get a part they really NEEDED on this forum, it's all bitching about having to wait for a bumper, roof rack, rock sliders, floor mats, lift kits, etc. Yea, real essentials.
Bingo.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Itā€™s not at all surprising to see your username yet again arguing, trolling and posting stupid shit. You live a sad, pathetic life to waste so much time trolling a vehicle board you donā€™t even own. I pity you.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Wow. Equating supply-chain disruptions and not bleeding-edge tracking technology to abuse and mass destruction and death.

Priceless.

and also very sad.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
point to this doll and tell us exactly where california touched you...
Commiefornia screwed my air quality here in NY because they refuse to cut out dead trees in a forest in a drought. Commiefornia is the reason why there is a haze here and has gotten relatively chillier because the sun isnā€™t shining bright enough.

OP
OP
Cleoncini

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Itā€™s not at all surprising to see your username yet again arguing, trolling and posting stupid shit. You live a sad, pathetic life to waste so much time trolling a vehicle board you donā€™t even own. I pity you.
Definitely the same person that argues politics on Facebook. I checked some of his comment history. Simply unable to actually have a conversation. Attacks and belittles everyone.

Sponsored

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Commiefornia screwed my air quality here in NY because they refuse to cut out dead trees in a forest in a drought. Commiefornia is the reason why there is a haze here and has gotten relatively chillier because the sun isnā€™t shining bright enough.
Of the approximately 33 million acres of forest in California, federal agencies (including the USDA Forest Service and USDI Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service) own and manage 19 million acres (57%). State and local agencies including CalFire, local open space, park and water districts and land trusts own another 3%. 40% of California's forestland is owned by families, Native American tribes, or companies.
our 3% is raked, cry to the feds.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
*Points at back right pocket* The wallet your honor. So happy I left when I did 4 years ago. It's one of the most beautiful states and I love to visit, but I will not be moving back haha.
Actually...comes across more like sour grapes...

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Your 3% does not include a silent majority who will speak up on Nov 3rd.

Sincerely,
A minority living in this country who stands with the truth, not a bunch of protesting thugs or tree huggers.
By: a proud Indian American Sikh.
@Thinman was referring to the amount of land that California is responsible for and has to maintain (3%). The rest of the land is ā€œfederal landā€ so it has to be maintained by the federal government.
Sponsored