First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I think part of the problem is that people are addicted to the "Amazon" style instant gratification, sure we can get this to you tomorrow we just got 3 trillion of them from China. What alot of people don't get is that alot of QUALITY Jeep aftermarket parts are made by mom and pop size shops, not some huge production facilities. If Joe the only welder or Bob the only powder coat guy calls out sick all the orders being worked just slipped. If Larry the CNC guy gets COVID, everything just slipped two weeks minimum. If you box company can't ship you boxes because they are in California and aren't deemed "essential" (like wineries) you are screwed. And most of these problems aren't things that can be pre-planned. And if the guy who usually answers the phones and emails is in the back helping package products because the the backlog is huge then people freak out, when in reality all they are trying to do is get their products out. It really is a no win situation for some of these small operations.
THANK YOU! Common sense exists hahaha. It's so hard to express this. Part of my business involves apparel and soft goods. A lot of companies have warehouses in the LA area, and its taking me 2-3 weeks just to get t-shirts in that I can then imprint on. That process pre-covid was 2-3 days. My state is normal, but others are not and I don't think everyone is aware of how locked down some areas are.
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Move to Arizona, man! I am also getting fed up with NY and NJ. They are going to be the next California at this rate. AZ is where I want to move to after taking care of a few family commitments within the next two or three years.

It can be pain for me to get back to India from Phoenix for business reasons two or three times a year but I will figure something out. I am almost done with NY due to the cold, the taxes and the politics.
Utah for me but I second Arizona as a great choice.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
THANK YOU! Common sense exists hahaha. It's so hard to express this. Part of my business involves apparel and soft goods. A lot of companies have warehouses in the LA area, and its taking me 2-3 weeks just to get t-shirts in that I can then imprint on. That process pre-covid was 2-3 days. My state is normal, but others are not and I don't think everyone is aware of how locked down some areas are.
Probably because all the homeless are blocking the entrance/exit to many of these companies. Their Dady Newsome and his boy toy Garcetti don’t wanna disturb these “victims.”

042095AC-2444-4F13-AB78-0B384C8FFB1F.jpeg

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Utah for me but I second Arizona as a great choice.
For me the biggest disgrace in these states is the media. They are focusing on "minority problems" and blaming everything on the "majority". They tend to ignore minorities like me who can see thru the fake news. When will the "minority victims" realize they are just being used for votes and media ratings? you know what is the biggest nightmare for the media right now? It isn't 45. It is minorities like me who sees thru all this and pushes back to them

(end of rant).

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Move to Arizona, man! I am also getting fed up with NY and NJ. They are going to be the next California at this rate. AZ is where I want to move to after taking care of a few family commitments within the next two or three years.

It can be pain for me to get back to India from Phoenix for business reasons two or three times a year but I will figure something out. I am almost done with NY due to the cold, the taxes and the politics.
Arizona is beautiful and is at the top of the list. I have southern Utah as a close second. A buddy of mine keeps trying to get me to come out to Montana, and another to Texas.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Arizona is beautiful and is at the top of the list. I have southern Utah as a close second. A buddy of mine keeps trying to get me to come out to Montana, and another to Texas.
I'd love to live on the same street as Sheriff Joe Arpaio (google him, lol).

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
For me the biggest disgrace in these states is the media. They are focusing on "minority problems" and blaming everything on the "majority". They tend to ignore minorities like me who can see thru the fake news. When will the "minority victims" realize they are just being used for votes and media ratings? you know what is the biggest nightmare for the media right now? It isn't 45. It is minorities like me who sees thru all this and pushes back to them

(end of rant).
It's like people who label me "racist" because of my skin color or political preference but don't know I have a brown immigrant wife who would knock their teeth out for saying that.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's like people who label me "racist" because of my skin color or political preference but don't know I have a brown immigrant wife who would knock their teeth out for saying that.
You will be surprised how many Black and Browns actually are fed up with the current situation in this country. But the media won't focus on them as it goes completely opposite to their agenda.

Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hot AF though....for 6 months. 6 months is gorgeous. If I could, I'd be a snow bird. Wheeling in the winter here is TITS!!!
I can deal with the heat, man. I was raised in it. North India gets equally as hot. You get used to it. But what is weird is that when you live in this heat, anything below 65F is very cold for you. I have been there myself. Spent Summer 2019 in India and had to come here in September. I was cold at 64F!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Just don't bring your leftist ideals with you! LOL....

Liberal is fine....the founders were liberals in the classic sense. ;)
Not a chance, I just landed here when I retired from the military and the absurd amount of money I get paid at my current job is setting me up for a real nice retirement, i don't claim it.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I'm 3rd generation SoCal (my son is 4th generation). My wife is originally from Hong Kong (now US citizen), has lived across the country but has been in CA most of that time. We started looking for places to eventually retire to, considered southern Utah but for both of us, we want to be not too cold and within a reasonable drive to be able to see the Pacific. St. George is a long haul to see the ocean :LOL: . We found a place on the central coast we can afford and the pandemic pushed up our move (though we're still both working in "LA" - but remotely). Love it up here, we'll be here until we die. Only downside is not the diversity of food choices but LA is 2.5 hours away so road trips for a couple of restaurants will be a thing. As is stands the wife stopped by 99 Ranch when she was down earlier this week and picked up proper spareribs to make black bean spareribs.

There are certain things that are unique to CA, and the diversity is fairly unmatched. But like everything, you don't get the good without the bad - yin/yang.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I would truly love to move out of California. Golden handcuffs. My job is here. I have looked at places a bit south of Prescott and it looks sweet. Not as hot as the Phoenix area and not as cold as Flagstaff. But to dream.
Sponsored