MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this in another thread... but, do you have a Tazer installed? If not I highly recommend one.
One of the many awesome Tazer settings is the ability to have the backup camera turn on when you use your turn signal. This works great as the backup camera is more of a wide angle.
Because of this, I never opted/needed to get side mirrors.
I tried that a few times and wanted to like it, but it’s not for me. Made my head spin.

If anyone ever makes a great OEM mirror relocation I’ll go for that. Until then, I’ll use the same $15 universal mirror I bought at Autozone 10 years ago. I don’t have a problem with the CMM mirrors price, but I don’t care for the small size or location.

01564234-EDF7-4C2E-9A54-2EF01962C373.jpeg
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I just put my doors back on. I’m pretty sure the red tab has to be up for harness removal and pushed back down for security. As others have said you then have to push the center lower tab while swinging the white tab up. This will separate the harness for you. It’s easy once you’re used to it. I’m in NY if you’d like to meet some time I’ll be happy to show you.
I’ve written this before but I can’t stress it enough. Forget about the law, you WANT mirrors without doors. My first door removal was on my old JK. I live 2 blocks from the highway and just jumped on. The air experience was awesome but the drive sucked. You’ve gotta take your eyes off the road at highway speed and whip your head around fast just to make sure someone’s not beside you. I wound up just staying in the right lane. Very stressful and diluted the fun.
I got off the next exit, turned around, went home, put my doors back on, ordered drop in mirrors and tube doors with their own mirrors from Steinjager.

OP
OP

NJ_JL 2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Unlimited S
Thanks all. Great group. I come from 15 years of Miata ownership and Miata.net has a lot of friendly people, but it seems the Jeep community is much larger!

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Correct. Black plastic tab directly underneath the center of the bottom of the white lever. Press it in and the lever releases with ease.
Played around with this while I was putting the doors back on today. SO much easier!

Thanks to everyone that brought it up.

Also, put the doors and windows back on in 20 minutes today. Thought that was a decent time.

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
i use the doubletake mirrors. they mount on a little ball that can stay attached to the jeep. i just run the driver side as i could never get the passenger side adjusted right.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Thanks all. Great group. I come from 15 years of Miata ownership and Miata.net has a lot of friendly people, but it seems the Jeep community is much larger!
I had a couple Miatas, too, an NC and ND. Love those cars, but you can’t fit 35s on them:CWL:
i-Pmc28Zd-X3.jpg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I had a couple Miatas, too, an NC and ND. Love those cars, but you can’t fit 35s on them:CWL:
Jeep Wrangler JL Doors off? i-Pmc28Zd-X3
We saw a Miata with All-terrains off-roading at Gulches in SC. I'm certain it is on youtube somewhere. It was impressive what they were able to do with it. Basically they just got a head of steam and bumped over what they could. Then they winched it from there.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
We saw a Miata with All-terrains off-roading at Gulches in SC. I'm certain it is on youtube somewhere. It was impressive what they were able to do with it. Basically they just got a head of steam and bumped over what they could. Then they winched it from there.
I’ve seen lifted NBs (second generation) that look like a lot of fun.

That pic is my old NC with the 35s my husband was putting on his JK. I couldn’t resist the pic.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
You mean to tell me the doors come off these things?.......

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The way some of you talk about driving is terrifying. If you are relying on your mirrors and not looking behind you when you lane change, you probably don't belong on the road.

Mattk11

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon
I tried that a few times and wanted to like it, but it’s not for me. Made my head spin.

If anyone ever makes a great OEM mirror relocation I’ll go for that. Until then, I’ll use the same $15 universal mirror I bought at Autozone 10 years ago. I don’t have a problem with the CMM mirrors price, but I don’t care for the small size or location.

01564234-EDF7-4C2E-9A54-2EF01962C373.jpeg
I’ll never understand why Jeep doesn’t make an OEM mirror for doors-off. I have the CMM mirrors and they are really good. Stable even on the interstate. I switched out the mirrors to larger ones.
F77B923A-9874-4A0D-B14E-4AFB7D3CE586.jpeg
Sponsored