dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Rear deck enclosure with tools, insurance and everything else in the floor enclosure. I've been running my soft top down (not secure up either) and only have a ball cap, pen, toothpicks, a drink, trash and a cheap usb cord for my phone up front. Nothing of value unless they steal my oem mats. The secure decks are overpriced but the only way to store any volume of stuff securely.
Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
With the Slipstream and Tiffy lock boxes enclosing the back, is the their sound degration with the subwoofer being covered?

Does the Slipstream have an option for a pullout drawer?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
With the Slipstream and Tiffy lock boxes enclosing the back, is the their sound degration with the subwoofer being covered?

Does the Slipstream have an option for a pullout drawer?
If anything it enhances the bass at least on the slipstream. as the box resinates the bass

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I did have the experience of having both my glovebox and console pried open (this was on a YJ a long time ago). I leave them unlocked now.
Same here. I only keep cheap things like sunscreen, lotion, etc, in those boxes. I’d rather someone just open them instead of prying them open. That’s also why I keep insurance & registration in the lockbox.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I live in the Bronx N.Y. So you know we’ve got plenty of vermin here. What I do while my soft top is on from April to October is leave the doors unlocked and leave 2 rolls of quarters in the console. Hopefully if they steal enough to get their high they won’t damage my top or vehicle. So far so good.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
In addition to a Tuffy tailgate box, I've got a Tuffy console box, as well. My JK has an underseat lock box. I wish the JL had that kind of space under the seat, too.

I wonder if Tuffy is developing a glove box door? They used to have one for the YJ. There is probably too much plastic in the JK and JL to make it secure enough. Edit......I now see they do have one for the JK, so maybe the JL is coming.

Last edited:

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I never leave anything of any value in Jeep. A small baggie of loose change, a couple cheapo MagLites, and a roll of cheap tools from Menards is about it. Maybe $50 of stuff total. If it were to all get stolen, oh well. Fortunately I live in a decent area and don’t really have to worry, plus I park inside at night if I’m going to be top/doors off.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I never leave anything of any value in Jeep. A small baggie of loose change, a couple cheapo MagLites, and a roll of cheap tools from Menards is about it. Maybe $50 of stuff total. If it were to all get stolen, oh well. Fortunately I live in a decent area and don’t really have to worry, plus I park inside at night if I’m going to be top/doors off.
I left some bagpipes in my open Jeep and when I got back there were two more bagpipes in the back seat. An old joke, but always makes me laugh.

I own bagpipes, but I don't play them because you would ask me to stop. Still want to learn the only instrument that is louder and more obnoxious than me.

Another good joke is ... What is the difference between bagpipes and a trampoline? You take your shoes off to jump on a trampoline!!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a new one in my almost 30 years of Wrangler ownership: Raccoons climbed in my Jeep and stole potato chips while we were camping. They climbed right through the bottom of the tube doors. Other than some little paw prints here and there, it wasn't too bad.

Soft doors are now for sure on my list when/if Bestop offers a good enough discount.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Here's a new one in my almost 30 years of Wrangler ownership: Raccoons climbed in my Jeep and stole potato chips while we were camping. They climbed right through the bottom of the tube doors. Other than some little paw prints here and there, it wasn't too bad.

Soft doors are now for sure on my list when/if Bestop offers a good enough discount.
Criminals. I mean they were wearing masks weren't they ;)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Criminals. I mean they were wearing masks weren't they ;)
Lol, yep! I grossly underestimated their ability to climb in to a lifted Jeep. It was clear from the prints that they had multiple pathways, including climbing up the rear tire then jumping over to the tube door. There were even paw prints all over the passeger side mirror. I think it was a conspiracy because there were several paw print sizes.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Lol, yep! I grossly underestimated their ability to climb in to a lifted Jeep. It was clear from the prints that they had multiple pathways, including climbing up the rear tire then jumping over to the tube door. There were even paw prints all over the passeger side mirror. I think it was a conspiracy because there were several paw print sizes.
Dude. Those guys are magicians. Friend of my dad raised an orphaned coon and there was almost nowhere she couldn't get into. Her name was Wicked Wanda and she frequently messed with his 2 brilliant hunting dogs and made them look like idiots. She would come barreling into the kitchen and bat them both on the head before jumping in a drawer and pulling it closed. It was hilarious.
Sponsored

Last edited: