Sponsored

Top accessories when top down and doors off

Really?AJeep?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Fusion, '97 F-150, '07 Cummins, '22 JLR
Rain Gear cover is amazing quality and super easy to deploy.
You could easily add a locking cable to it I think.
Lol, my wife said she'd burn my Jeep to the ground if she ever sees a cover on it after I take the roof off. She's funny but I worry.

My biggest thing was something to stop the rear seatbelts flapping. I went to Walmart and bought some tarp bungees to wrap around the belts and roll bar, they work awesome and are super cheap.

Jeep Wrangler JL Top accessories when top down and doors off bungees
Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Think you've got a good list here.

The diabolical slipstream would be the top of my list - having a secure place to store stuff would be pretty clutch. I don't know if it's waterproof, so maybe a drybag you could keep back there, too (for towels, etc).

The Alien Sunshades are really nice, as well, and pretty affordable. Just know that they sit *in* the roof holes, not *on*, so you'll lose ~2" of interior height. May/may not make a difference, but I'm 6'1", so every inch counts.

Armorlite is next on my list - every time I try to clean the interior carpet, I hate it more. Can't understand why it's not a factory option (but rumors are that it will be soon). They don't [yet] have a full kit for the JLU - missing the cargo area, but it's under active development.
Slipstream is not waterproof. In my experience, the husky liner back there tends to catch any rain that gets through. And if it's a fair bit, since the liner is flexible, you can just kind of bend the lip down in the middle and let it drain out over the rear bumper. But typically if I know that much rain is coming, I'll put the rain cover on.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
i will 3rd the rain gear cover. had to use mine the other day as the jeep was out and mother nature decided to give the jeep a shower while my daily was in the garage having some surgery.
i have an alien sunshade, love it. keeps just enough sun off of me to make a difference. i bought a Rampage toneau cover for the back when the top is completely off. definitely not water proof but it keeps things from flying out.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Lol, my wife said she'd burn my Jeep to the ground if she ever sees a cover on it after I take the roof off. She's funny but I worry.

My biggest thing was something to stop the rear seatbelts flapping. I went to Walmart and bought some tarp bungees to wrap around the belts and roll bar, they work awesome and are super cheap.

Jeep Wrangler JL Top accessories when top down and doors off bungees
Lol. Never thought of it that way. My spouse is always rolling her eyes at the shit I'm doing on it.

OP
OP
JaxBeachJeep

JaxBeachJeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 but next is a Jeep, had a 94 in college
Thanks for all the feedback
-Definitely would like to do the Armorlite when it is available for the entire 2dr
-Any feedback on the Bartact Base Line Performance Covers vs tactical? The baseline are cheaper and it says they repel water better but they aren't much to look at from the pictures.
-With the salt from the ocean I was thinking to just get the entire car cover (one that is waterproof) to protect the entire Jeep from weather, might take a little longer to cover but think this would help the paint over time?
-Will have to look into secure storage like Tuffy console, Slipstream, etc

Sponsored

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the feedback
-Definitely would like to do the Armorlite when it is available for the entire 2dr
-Any feedback on the Bartact Base Line Performance Covers vs tactical? The baseline are cheaper and it says they repel water better but they aren't much to look at from the pictures.
-With the salt from the ocean I was thinking to just get the entire car cover (one that is waterproof) to protect the entire Jeep from weather, might take a little longer to cover but think this would help the paint over time?
-Will have to look into secure storage like Tuffy console, Slipstream, etc
Ive had the tuffy and eztrunk for my 4 door. Of the two I much prefer the ez trunk, the tuffy took up all the cargo space and was a pain when I needed more height in the cargo area for like larger items that wouldn’t fit under/over it.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Ive done it for a few weeks at a time until I get sick of the heat.

- Sun shade
- Doors off mirror kit (coyote lange originals I think it is)
- Quadratec cover to deter thieves and for the the extremely low possibility of rain (los angeles).

thats pretty much it. I don't storage anything of value in the Jeep and keep everything locked.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Spiderweb Sunshade. They don't use the bungee balls some others use. They use better system that look better.

Spiderweb Belt silencers.

Half-doors help keep things inside on highway. These are Vicious Off-Road with mirrors.

If you don't want the metal ones GPCA make nice cover for cargo.

Door pins make is easy and safer to remove and put doors back on without hitting the hinges and chipping paint. Mine are left on full time both sets of doors.

Amazon $18

Jeep Wrangler JL Top accessories when top down and doors off 1659478862030

Rock sliders with  Step Assist.jpg

20210614_221716.jpg

Cover.jpg

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Ive had the tuffy and eztrunk for my 4 door. Of the two I much prefer the ez trunk, the tuffy took up all the cargo space and was a pain when I needed more height in the cargo area for like larger items that wouldn’t fit under/over it.
I think he was referencing the Tuffy center console insert based on my previous post. Which is great if you just need a little secure storage for things like your vehicle registration, etc. I never lock the glove compartment because it is just weak plastic.

I def agree the Tuffy rear cargo security solution looked too compromised, which is why I went with the slipstream back there.

OP
OP
JaxBeachJeep

JaxBeachJeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well any information of secure storage in general, I'm thinking of as small as keeping my wallet somewhere while in the gym up to ideally somewhere to store my laptop in its bag or a small supply of emergency supplies. I forgot to look at it when I went to look on the lot but is there anyway to secure the rear under floor storage bin?

Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
..is there anyway to secure the rear under floor storage bin?
Yes. You lock the Jeep. The floor extends under the rear door. When it's locked, you can't open it.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Any pictures with the cover on. Rain Gear needs to update their website with actual pictures and maybe a video of the install showing how fast / easy it is to install.
On or off in 5 minutes after initial setup.

C54363AB-65B8-46D2-97E3-6A02839E33F8.jpeg

9AC4C021-215B-4CB3-B1F7-DF1229F593B2.jpeg

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Well any information of secure storage in general, I'm thinking of as small as keeping my wallet somewhere while in the gym up to ideally somewhere to store my laptop in its bag or a small supply of emergency supplies. I forgot to look at it when I went to look on the lot but is there anyway to secure the rear under floor storage bin?
Locking center console cover. Enough to deter people but not bulletproof. I also leave a sandwich bag full of change and a dollar bill in the top section of the center console. I figure they’ll take that and leave.

D2FDA2A7-EE30-47DA-8678-75F517B74FB3.jpeg

50CA47BD-9AEA-4B91-8410-B134CE16A144.jpeg

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I would remove the doors and top and run it. Skip the rest. You need "a" mirror (FL Uniform Traffic Control, Title 23, Chapter 316.294), so just use the center-mounted mirror. You don't need to make it harder than that. The interior dries fast (had two inches of standing water in my floorboards), there are plugs in the floor you can remove if there is much water. The seats dry fast. You don't need a mirror kit. You don't need any of the rest of your list.

OP
OP
JaxBeachJeep

JaxBeachJeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes that is how I did it before when I was younger and driving to class was optional. Now I need to drive into the office a few days a week so I would prefer not being soaked or needing to take a change of clothes or a stack of towels every time I drive it.

I'll probably hold off on the seat covers and see how quick it dries since the cheapest Bartact seat is $600.

I think the rear under floor storage bin may work with a waterproof bag for what I need, will have to look at it when it arrives.

Thanks for the feedback, just trying to get as much information as possible while I wait
Sponsored