Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Love the build. How comfortable are you with that single sheer clamp?
Comfortable enough to not do anything about it. I've read stories both ways and have witnessed people who never have issues and those who do have issues.

I figure how I plan to use this Jeep I'll be fine. If there is an issue I can limp it home and fix it. I have brackets I could weld on but I have to be positive in the final placement of the ram first.

So it stays.

I check everything before I go out and play and after. So if we go out on Saturday I check everything over Sunday morning. It's a great habit I've learned over 20 years of playing off road and has saved me a few times. Everything up front is no different. I don't spend hours going over things. Just a good once over to make sure there are no problem areas.

The ram is no different. :)

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Great build - thanks for sharing the evolution and the adventures!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Bored. Painted my wheels solid black. Thinking about changing out my shocks. The RK springs with the Falcon shocks are starting to wear on me.

What are some decent bolt on shocks without spending $3k on custom tuned BS?

Jeep Wrangler JL Dookey's DD JLRBlack1

Jeep Wrangler JL Dookey's DD JLRBlack

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Bored. Painted my wheels solid black. Thinking about changing out my shocks. The RK springs with the Falcon shocks are starting to wear on me.

What are some decent bolt on shocks without spending $3k on custom tuned BS?

You’ve been in Jeeps for ever, so you know it’s pretty subjective, one mans soft ride is another mans firm ride...... But I’ve installed a lot of RK lifts in the past 3 years with all different shock options, and the majority of guys end up with Fox. I personally think Fox shocks pair with RK springs the best. The RK RRDs also ride super nice, but most people can’t get past that they weep a little, and you have to add nitrogen once or twice a year depending on how you use your rig.

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
You’ve been in Jeeps for ever, so you know it’s pretty subjective, one mans soft ride is another mans firm ride...... But I’ve installed a lot of RK lifts in the past 3 years with all different shock options, and the majority of guys end up with Fox. I personally think Fox shocks pair with RK springs the best. The RK RRDs also ride super nice, but most people can’t get past that they weep a little, and you have to add nitrogen once or twice a year depending on how you use your rig.

I was going after the RRD's but I'm done with the custom super touch it every other day mentality for this Jeep. I need to install it and forget it. Sure would like to iron out some bumps though.

My Falcon's aren't bad with a load in the back. If you run empty around town it is harsh on initial compression. I'm getting old. And cranky. Planning to drive this one to quite a few more trails this year and next so looking for a more comfy ride.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I was going after the RRD's but I'm done with the custom super touch it every other day mentality for this Jeep. I need to install it and forget it. Sure would like to iron out some bumps though.

My Falcon's aren't bad with a load in the back. If you run empty around town it is harsh on initial compression. I'm getting old. And cranky. Planning to drive this one to quite a few more trails this year and next so looking for a more comfy ride.
Jeep Wrangler JL Dookey's DD 9927DDB8-DA00-4E7B-BCA4-03179AE25886

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU

Ive been running the RRDs for about 22k and never touched them except to wipe the shafts every now and then to get dirt or mud off. They still ride good. They are probably due for sone TLC but im going coilovers so im not messing with them. They have been really good shocks. Of course ride is very subjective but Ive got nothing bad to say about them.

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Just meant the Fox 2.0 shocks. They are roughly $150=$170ish depending where you get those from.

So.... thinking this direction to get me over the ride hump. There are some other options coming up next year or so that really peak my interest to make a full change. So let's talk the Fox2.0's.

The JKS setup seems to be for their dual rate coils. How would they pair to the RK Triple rate springs? Because I can also change the springs to Teraflex to get a desired result.

Choices suck. :LOL:

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Ive been running the RRDs for about 22k and never touched them except to wipe the shafts every now and then to get dirt or mud off. They still ride good. They are probably due for sone TLC but im going coilovers so im not messing with them. They have been really good shocks. Of course ride is very subjective but Ive got nothing bad to say about them.

I've read your situation a couple of times and it seems a legit option. I already have the tanks and setup stuff to keep everything legit. But like you... the coilover bug may bite me as soon as these new options start up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.