Sponsored

2 Door Sport DD/Day Use/Trip Jeep

Ralph2018JL

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm new to this forum but not to Jeeps. I've owned a lot of Jeeps. My last Jeep was a '17 JKUR that I bought to use as an overland type camping vehicle. My back has decided that I am not going to be allowed to travel that way at this point in my life. So from now on it will be motels and short day trips. It sucks to get old but I am determined to live life as best I can. To this end, I traded my JKUR for this Sport becuse I wanted to get back to a basic Jeep more like my CJ7s.

So all the BS aside, this is going to be a very simple and inexpensive build to start with.....of course the possibility exists that it could get out of hand!

So here it was day 1 when trading....out with the old and in with th new:

View attachment 84346

And at home with the top down and the graddaughter ready for a ride:

View attachment 84339

Shortly after this I started....a set of 285/70-17 Schwab Open Range tires on stock wheels:

View attachment 84340

View attachment 84341

I like the way the fit and look on stock wheels. There are those who might say a LR E tire is too stiff for a Jeep, but my concern is toughness rather than grip on rocks.

In addition, they have the "Mountain Snowflake" rating so they should be good winter tires. It appears that there will be no issues when stuffed either. All in all, I belive they will work well for my usage.

The downside is they are heavy and appear to reduce my fuel economy about 2mpg. This is acceptable to me.

Again, this is supposed to be an inexpensive and simple build.....not fancy nor complicated. I hope it willbe a good DD!

More to follow.
Looks great!
Sponsored