Sponsored

Does this windshield fix by dealer look acceptable?

ReefGoat

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Sport
I'd be ready to physically assault someone. If they don't fire the amateur they let do that and let a professional fix your ride. I'd hire a lawyer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
I suspect that the dealership doesn’t actually change the windshield. They probably call in the auto glass installer. I could be wrong. Either way looks like crap just like everybody else said. You got to take a video or record audio when you go back I’d love to see/hear their response.
I've spoken to the dealership and they said they will have their "glass guy" fix the issue. I have ZERO confidence that this clown will get it right. Who knows, maybe fourth time is the charm :mad:

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They replaced your windshield with a third party one, it seems. The fourth pic you uploaded shows the brand, doesn't look like Mopar to me.
Sold it to me with a third party one

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Looks like Helen Keller is doing their window work.

What about the nicked missing paint areas? In my opinion, it needs a total removal, cleanup and paint correction before correctly reinstalling it.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Wow. I’d be up in their grill. My 4 year old could do better with crayon. I wouldn’t have left the dealership.

when you bring it back just ask service manager, @Is this acceptable to you?” If any other answer besides, I’m very sorry, will tell you if you should move onto another dealer.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Dealership replaced windshield to fix a whistling problem. Noise is gone so that’s cool. However, this is what they gave back to me. To me this is BS. Am I over reacting?

upload_2019-9-29_11-11-54.jpeg
upload_2019-9-29_11-14-49.jpeg
upload_2019-9-29_11-14-16.jpeg
upload_2019-9-29_11-14-0.jpeg
upload_2019-9-29_11-13-29.jpeg
upload_2019-9-29_11-12-52.jpeg
upload_2019-9-29_11-12-32.jpeg
A toddler can do better than that:swear:...ok so I'm exaggerating. But you get the point:like:

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealership just said they won't replace with a Mopar windshield because the original was was hit with a rock and it isn't covered under warranty. They insist on having the same ass who did poor work THREE TIMES on the same issue, to "fix" it. Unbelievable

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. I’d be up in their grill. My 4 year old could do better with crayon. I wouldn’t have left the dealership.

when you bring it back just ask service manager, @Is this acceptable to you?” If any other answer besides, I’m very sorry, will tell you if you should move onto another dealer.
I sent the service manager the pics and he agreed. But they won't use anyone else. I'm going around in circles with them. Complete shit show

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Dealership just said they won't replace with a Mopar windshield because the original was was hit with a rock and it isn't covered under warranty. They insist on having the same ass who did poor work THREE TIMES on the same issue, to "fix" it. Unbelievable
Contact @JeepCares .... I would not take it to these idiotic clowns again. If you do, well, that's on you I guess. So, wait, why is this 3rd party glass? The original should have been replaced with Mopar to begin with. It would have been under warranty. I suggest you don't use this dealer for any maintenance if this is what their resume suggests.:facepalm:

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I don't see the problem...........
Just paint your Jeep Black all fixed..

:headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Contact @JeepCares .... I would not take it to these idiotic clowns again. If you do, well, that's on you I guess. So, wait, why is this 3rd party glass? The original should have been replaced with Mopar to begin with. It would have been under warranty. I suggest you don't use this dealer for any maintenance if this is what their resume suggests.:facepalm:
Jeep Cares already told me I had to go through the dealer. That was my first conversation

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
1. Check your comprehensive coverage deductible. (Or if you live in FL it’s free)

2. Find a truck on the interstate hauling rocks

3. Let rock hit windshield

4. Get Safelite to replace it

or throw a rock at it. Whichever makes you feel more comfortable.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
1. Check your comprehensive coverage deductible. (Or if you live in FL it’s free)

2. Find a truck on the interstate hauling rocks

3. Let rock hit windshield

4. Get Safelite to replace it

or throw a rock at it. Whichever makes you feel more comfortable.
:like:
Sponsored