CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s their website FAQ

4888ED86-D767-4E04-B143-A363845BAD4D.jpeg
That is only the NV logo on the cover and not the cover itself.

PS... nothing against NV (I run NV skids), but Motobilt covers are essentially the same at 1/2 the price.
Sponsored

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
That is only the NV logo on the cover and not the cover itself.
Just caught that too. Seems like nothing really that special for the NV diff covers then other than it plays nicely with their skids which are top notch

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just caught that too. Seems like nothing really that special for the NV diff covers then other than it plays nicely with their skids which are top notch
See the edit to my post above. Save 50% of the cost and go for Motobilt covers with NV skids.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah but they don’t come in red powder coat like their skids do.. matching is always sexy
LOL...when I bought my NV skids and Motobilt covers they only came in raw steel. I had them all powder coated black:

Jeep Wrangler JL Differential Covers Rear Skid + Cover

Sponsored

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@CarbonSteel
I'm still dwelling on "Bovine Scatology"!
🤣🤣🤣👍
LOL - I have been a member on a number of forums that explicitly restrict profanity and so I created that one a long time ago that not only matches the letters but is not a far stretch for you to be able "smell what they are selling".

chicknwaffles

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon
Beefy covers also help structural integrity of the axles as well. Almost like a psuedo truss.
I'm not buying all that jazz.

Axles typical failure points are going to be at the knuckle or the splines on the axle itself.

a beefy cover helps neither of those.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
To those here that are discounting Gale Banks and his knowledge/accomplishments and more specifically his designs, I ask you to provide your credentials. His are widely known in the racing and performance products world.

Take a little time to compare your Wikipedia page to Gale’s. I will post his here but I’m sorry I couldn’t find yours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gale_Banks

He and his team have over a half century of designing, testing, and building high performance vehicles. Engineer from Cal Poly… he’s no dummy.

I could go on but I found his videos on the subject and on others, to be interesting and informative. Personally I don’t know the guy but I respect him from what I have seen. He is no snake oil salesman or a shade tree mechanic. My two cents.
I'm a big fan of Gale Banks and have been for MANY years. His turbo charged gas applications were light years ahead of everyone else. He is also a brilliant marketing machine and to that I say more power to him. But as for the diff cover and its shape... Keep in mind most if not all of the performance diffs that use removable third members (like a Ford 9") have a plain old round integrated rear cover section. No molded in ring gear channel. Let's not let great marketing (not an insult) make us overthink the functionality of an oil bath.
I'm not disagreeing that it may make some difference, but I don't personally believe that difference is meaningful.