Did I get a lemon or ??

OP
OP
Grasshopper007
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sahara JL
No lol. Mines going back Monday. Still have a terrible steering click/snap when turning. It's extremely irritating and the other dealer did not fix it. The tech verified it was not normal and then the service advisor said the tech looked at it again and said it was normal. I've decided my Jeep is just going to be a dealer parking lot queen. Might as well just let them keep it on the lot at this point, not like I'm spending much time driving it
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Well I got a customer satisfaction notice, they are not calling it a recall but it’s for a Steering Damper, not sure if that could be your problem it’s for certain 2018/2019..
they gave me a loaner Vehicle until mine is fixed, took it on a long driving vacation, at least I didn’t rack up mileage on mine, that’s the only good thing so far..
They gave me a 2017 Cherokee and it drives like a brick on wheels..
Sponsored

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Well I got a customer satisfaction notice, they are not calling it a recall but it’s for a Steering Damper, not sure if that could be your problem it’s for certain 2018/2019..
they gave me a loaner Vehicle until mine is fixed, took it on a long driving vacation, at least I didn’t rack up mileage on mine, that’s the only good thing so far..
They gave me a 2017 Cherokee and it drives like a brick on wheels..
Not quite sure it's the steering damper. Sounds extremely metallic, not really something that one would think could be damper related. And lucky you! I had a compass for my loaner when I was waiting for that alternator. Not only do I think it drove worse than your Cherokee, I believe it's also smaller than a Cherokee as well. The brake pedal was far too sensitive too. I'm used to my extremely spongy break pedal that is supposedly normal for the wranglers

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Well they gave me a Grand Cherokee Overland fully loaded diesel.. drove it for a yr and a half and hated it.. traded it in on this 2019... I love the Wrangler and it’s just a me vehicle... lol. But now I’m getting a little pissed shouldn’t have to go through this with a brand new vehicle and with less then 3000ks
Overload fully loaded with the diesel... like my wrangler too but that sounds like a nice GC!

ctaborda

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 430i Convertible 2019, Looking for a Sahara or Moab.
My apologies! But your first post was very suspicious, plus it was your first post.

It is the “signature” of “trolls” to make a new account up, and make strong statements.

But I stand corrected. My apologies once again.

For reference: here is the Wikipedia definition of a troll.

“In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community(such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.”

Sponsored

andybs

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S 4CYL
Thank you
I would think the hoses for the water pump?? No idea, as it’s still at the dealership
I understand the frustration. I had a number of issues in my first 3K miles with my Jeep in the shop for over 3 weeks. I had to have my vacuum hoses replaced in the first 2k miles. I also had several electrical issues (e.g. start/stop, svc 4wd, etc). These were ultimately diagnosed as a voltage issue caused by two loose ground bolts. Once this was fixed, all of my issues went away.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I bought my 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara in January since then they have replaced the stop/start module, alternator, second battery, it’s now in for front brakes, rotors, water pump, hoses, tubes and who know what else.. I just took it in for fan belt squealing and wandering ...
hmmmm all with 6 months and it only got 3000km
Not Good!
I had start stop replaced had the wiring replaced. Seemed to fix that problem. Had problem with 8”screen , shield for back up camera, and the bottom latch on the center console broke. Each separate trips back to the dealership. AND I’m not a troll!!!! If I’m paying the money Jeep is asking shouldn’t they get it right the first time. Ps ... props to Jeep waves

Quetzal

First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Teacher
Has to be. Mine 2019 has been great so far.

silverflash22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited
If you used an employee discount when you got your Jeep, you waived your right to binding arbitration. It’s one of those forms in super fine print most people don’t bother reading.... So if they don’t willingly lemon it, good luck....

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
My apologies! But your first post was very suspicious, plus it was your first post.

It is the “signature” of “trolls” to make a new account up, and make strong statements.

But I stand corrected. My apologies once again.

For reference: here is the Wikipedia definition of a troll.

“In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community(such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.”

Methinks thou art far too kind.

Sponsored

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Grasshopper.

Jeeps are cool and have their place. There is no competitor to a Jeep. Nothing on the market can do what they do. But man oh man don’t say much bad about them in here. They get lousy gas mileage, pollute the environment, haven’t upped their safety in a quarter century, and have all the reliability one expects of Fiat.

If you bring any of the above to light get ready of the waves of Jeep loyalists.

But I still want one and miss my old one.

So that said know your state lemon laws.
Depending on your state the law may be so many times in a shop per problem or in total. So much time in the shop, etc.

For instance in Ohio if it’s out of your possession 30 days in the first year for any reason it’s a lemon or if they attempt to fix the same problem 3 times. Those are auto buy backs. So look at your state lemon laws. Know what qualifiers and see what you need to hit the criteria. Once you hit it tap out. Sounds like wherever you are you’ll be close.
You are correct. There is no direct competition to how lousy the service departments are and quality control on some of these rigs.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Really a target, to be called a troll and I was BSing, yeah sure... maybe people on this forum shouldn’t be so quick to judge and instead of calling names just ask to see the work orders!
I don’t treat others like that! And I don’t expect to be treated like that from other Jeep owners.. but now I know what to expect on this forum..
Sorry again Grasshopper but you make me laugh man . Are you on this forum to resolve your Jeep troubles or are you here to annoy anybody that may be suspicious of your endless list of troubles. This is a Jeep Wrangler forum and not the confession booth. Nobody here is going to baby your moral sensitivities . So forget all of us sinful Jeep savages and lets talk nuts and bolts.

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
If you used an employee discount when you got your Jeep, you waived your right to binding arbitration. It’s one of those forms in super fine print most people don’t bother reading.... So if they don’t willingly lemon it, good luck....
Do you think the same goes for the affiliate rewards program as well? Just curious since I bought mine with that incentive but seems like Chrysler is still going through arbitration with it...

silverflash22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited
Do you think the same goes for the affiliate rewards program as well? Just curious since I bought mine with that incentive but seems like Chrysler is still going through arbitration with it...
I’m not sure about the affiliate programs. If you go through your paperwork, it would be a separate form you signed on delivery. They will go to arbitration but it will not be binding. When we attempted to go that route last year and discovered that we should’ve read our paperwork more diligently when we signed, we gave up. Our lawyer explained that we’d all be wasting our time with Chrysler’s track record in that scenario.
Sponsored