George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Grasshopper.

Jeeps are cool and have their place. There is no competitor to a Jeep. Nothing on the market can do what they do. But man oh man don’t say much bad about them in here. They get lousy gas mileage, pollute the environment, haven’t upped their safety in a quarter century, and have all the reliability one expects of Fiat.

If you bring any of the above to light get ready of the waves of Jeep loyalists.

But I still want one and miss my old one.

So that said know your state lemon laws.
Depending on your state the law may be so many times in a shop per problem or in total. So much time in the shop, etc.

For instance in Ohio if it’s out of your possession 30 days in the first year for any reason it’s a lemon or if they attempt to fix the same problem 3 times. Those are auto buy backs. So look at your state lemon laws. Know what qualifiers and see what you need to hit the criteria. Once you hit it tap out. Sounds like wherever you are you’ll be close.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Apology !!!
Probably not one of the name callers will have the GUTS to apologize!
My Jeep is still at the dealership so cannot post those work orders!

71A62044-B968-4273-8C25-CD10881DFB7C.jpeg

007DF0EF-392D-477C-B2A1-93264995A49B.jpeg

8F4D993C-2E24-4BE4-A160-B700A6121C78.jpeg
Seemed like you just have a faulty alternator that fried your aux battery and blowing the issue out of proportions. Other issues are non-issues to be honest, squeaky brakes? Quiet normal, your rotors and pads are fine. mine does the same in the morning. Wheel alignments? Well I agree that’s a known issue there but has been covered to death on this forum anyways.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grasshopper007
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sahara JL
Seemed like you just have a faulty alternator that fried your aux battery. Other issues are non-issues to be honest, squeaky brakes? Quiet normal, mine does the same in the morning. Wheel alignments? Well I agree that’s a known issue there but has been covered to death on this forum anyways.
Well it’s not just squeaky brakes now they are changing them, putting on new rotors and they have also found a problem with the water pump so they are putting on a new water pump and hoses, been at the dealership for the last 2 weeks going on three, waiting for parts that are nowhere to be found.
So all of this and less then 3000km

OP
OP
Grasshopper007
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sahara JL
Grasshopper.

Jeeps are cool and have their place. There is no competitor to a Jeep. Nothing on the market can do what they do. But man oh man don’t say much bad about them in here. They get lousy gas mileage, pollute the environment, haven’t upped their safety in a quarter century, and have all the reliability one expects of Fiat.

If you bring any of the above to light get ready of the waves of Jeep loyalists.

But I still want one and miss my old one.

So that said know your state lemon laws.
Depending on your state the law may be so many times in a shop per problem or in total. So much time in the shop, etc.

For instance in Ohio if it’s out of your possession 30 days in the first year for any reason it’s a lemon or if they attempt to fix the same problem 3 times. Those are auto buy backs. So look at your state lemon laws. Know what qualifiers and see what you need to hit the criteria. Once you hit it tap out. Sounds like wherever you are you’ll be close.
I wish Canada had a lemon law as this would definitely be classed as one.
I love my Jeep but this is crazy!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Well it’s not just squeaky brakes now they are changing them, putting on new rotors and they have also found a problem with the water pump so they are putting on a new water pump and hoses, been at the dealership for the last 2 weeks going on three, waiting for parts that are nowhere to be found.
So all of this and less then 3000km
I think I read somewhere that because of the materials used, these brakes will squeak when cold, or when wet. So let us know if replacing rotors and pads did anything at all. They all squeal after driven for a while, there is a long brake squeal thread here on this exact issue.

Cmcclaflin31

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Yj Wrangler, 18 JLUS, 82 J10 Pickup
Occupation
Ford Tech
I bought my 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara in January since then they have replaced the stop/start module, alternator, second battery, it’s now in for front brakes, rotors, water pump, hoses, tubes and who know what else.. I just took it in for fan belt squealing and wandering ...
hmmmm all with 6 months and it only got 3000km
Not Good!
I'm curious. I know you're in Canada, but it took over a month and a half to get my alternator off of backorder. I assume you did not have this issue?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I apologize, for insinuating you are a troll. Your original post did sound very fishy. I still dont understand why hoses and brake rotors would be changed.

Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
As Arterius2 said it seems much of this is related and I hope it's sorted quickly for you..
Are you in warranty?? Is it common practice to charge for diagnostics or is that just on the SR for record?

Apologies for those that seem to be on the attack.. I had a buyback on a 2018 for unresolved electrical issues and parts being on back order so I feel the pain. Kinda stupid to have an extended warranty if there's no parts avail to fix issues.. That's my main complaint with FCA..

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I will also put my BS flag back in my pocket. Still only see a faulty alternator from initial work orders, though. Something else is afoot. Very possibly an inept service tech also. Dealerships have been know to play "parts darts" by throwing replacement parts at a problem in the hopes of getting lucky.
Lots of factors can influence brake performance. Certain pad compounds will squeal until they get a little heat in them. If the Jeep is parked outside in a high humidity area, possible rust film on the rotors would have to be scrubbed off on the first few braking cycles each day. Generally the only reason to replace rotors is for uneven wear, but this would result in a braking shudder, not squealing.
Now that we have offered penance, interested in the balance of your issues - especially the reasoning behind replacing the water pump and hoses. Did they determine that maybe the alternator was not the source of drag causing the belts to squeal?

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Hmmm, is your service department trying to get a fat check for "warranty" repairs?:movember:
I liked that "$79.50 diagnostic fee" plastered all over the work orders, despite it being in for warranty work.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)