Sponsored

Default volume for phone call and Android auto?

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Not a true fix, but I was able to create my own ringtone. Using the stock iPhone tone, I used software “audacity” to lower the actual volume of the tone. Now when I receive calls, it is sooo much better in the car now.
Sponsored

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not - but will make sure next time to get a copy of that. Great idea. Headed in tomorrow to have the flash done. Will report back.
Any good news?

6Wranglers

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Any good news?
I think so. I'm still kind of testing it out but this flash does seem to fix the "Default ring @ 15." It doesn't add a master ring volume setting on the U Connect unit - your phone now controls the ring volume, which seems like a good enough fix to prevent premature deafness. It will ring loud if your phone is set to do so and it will ring quietly if that's where you set your phone. If you have this problem, call and schedule warranty service!

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think so. I'm still kind of testing it out but this flash does seem to fix the "Default ring @ 15." It doesn't add a master ring volume setting on the U Connect unit - your phone now controls the ring volume, which seems like a good enough fix to prevent premature deafness. It will ring loud if your phone is set to do so and it will ring quietly if that's where you set your phone. If you have this problem, call and schedule warranty service!
That is exactly my issue. Scheduling for TSB is 08-084-19 REV. A now. Thank you for testing!!

Sponsored

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
OK, I did receive a reply today from Jeep and they recently released "TSB is 08-084-19 REV. A," which addresses and I quote: "Ring tone too loud" along with 19 (nineteen! other radio issues). I would have liked to have seen something like "MASTER ring volume control," but oh well. Am waiting on Jeep to communicate with the dealer to see if they have tried this fix on any other Jl's and what the result was. Will update...
Do you have a link for TSB 08-084-19 REV. A. Dealer kept saying my radio is up to date, and they can't find this TSB. I don't see it in this master recall/tsb list.
Thanks

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is what I found online for 08-084-19. I had it done, but havent been able to test yet. I have noticed some audio cutting out now and speakers popping when turning car off.

Attachments

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Here is what I found online for 08-084-19. I had it done, but havent been able to test yet. I have noticed some audio cutting out now and speakers popping when turning car off.
Thank you so much. "This bulletin involves updating the radio software level to 1848.24." My radio is already 1848.24 and I still have the loud ringtone issue. plus my carplay doesn't work. Hopefully uconnect can push an update soon

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Bumping this thread, has there been any resolve to this? We have Uconnect 7", and full aftermarket stereo that is very very loud.
Phone calls come in at 15, and call audio is at 18. I have tried everything I have read to turn it down, with no success.
Did this update work for anyone?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Bumping this thread, has there been any resolve to this? We have Uconnect 7", and full aftermarket stereo that is very very loud.
Phone calls come in at 15, and call audio is at 18. I have tried everything I have read to turn it down, with no success.
Did this update work for anyone?
X2

I'm also still dealing with the same issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Patthe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler unlimited JL
Anyone try this see if this help with the volume?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone try this see if this help with the volume?
Appreciate your post. However, this video does not address the reported problem. The issue in this thread is "not retaining" the volume level adjustment after setting the new volume level.

The frustration is the Uconnect always defaults back to 15 even if you've set it to 10 (for example) previously.

YenBoon

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from the blaring ringtone problem. How has this not been addressed over the course of 3 years?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from the blaring ringtone problem. How has this not been addressed over the course of 3 years?
Some are saying the TSB 08-084-19 addresses this issue. So now we need to look into this TSB ...

EDIT - however I believe this TSB is for earlier model years. I noticed you have a 2021
Sponsored